Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Jameer opts out of his contract.

I've been really impressed with Jameer's play and leadership since Dwight went down. I hope it continues throughout the post season.

Agreed, but how much of it can be contributed to boosting contract status if he plans to opt out.....?

Agreed, but how much of it can be contributed to boosting contract status if he plans to opt out.....?

None? We've been playing a very slow and deliberate half court offense with Dwight on the floor for years. People have been complaining about Jameer not averaging enough assists for a starting PG, completely ignoring the impact that our offense has on his numbers.

Now that we can't play that style of ball, more responsibility is placed on his shoulders and he is showing what he can do in a more open offense.

How would Meer do I a triangle offense? I think his value drops in a more structured offense like the triangle

Most point guards' value will drop in such systems because hockey assists don't get recorded. A point guard's going to average more assists in a run and gun system where he makes all the plays (Suns, old Knicks), than he would on a system like the Magic that encourages the extra passes or the triangle where the point guard's job is mostly setting up the play for the post-player.

But it drops in terms of people not understanding different systems and just assuming a random point guard with 7 assists > a random point guard with 5 assists, without taking into account who they play for and their responsibilities within their own offense schemes.

• Upvote 1

None? We've been playing a very slow and deliberate half court offense with Dwight on the floor for years. People have been complaining about Jameer not averaging enough assists for a starting PG, completely ignoring the impact that our offense has on his numbers.

Now that we can't play that style of ball, more responsibility is placed on his shoulders and he is showing what he can do in a more open offense.

I've been saying this for years. Jameer has been the ultimate team guy -- altering his game to do what the team needs. Sometimes, it hasn't played to his strengths. He looks out for his teammates, too, showing that he is a good teammate and friend. I sure hope the Magic can keep him long term.

And for the question about how his game would suit the triangle offense....who cares? The Magic don't play a triangle offense (though there might be times when they borrow pieces of it).

Thank you, I'm here all week.

I do miss the days of last year with BMP, Hibachi, Jareth and Lord Xenu posting much more frequently than they are now. This board is just not as fun as it used to be.

Well this just shows how many different opinions there are here. I feel like it would be an upgrade to TBN if half those posters never came back. And on a note related to the topic of this thread-why is this thread not locked yet?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well this just shows how many different opinions there are here. I feel like it would be an upgrade to TBN if half those posters never came back. And on a note related to the topic of this thread-why is this thread not locked yet?

Because I would not want to deprive everyone of the pleasure of hearing you pissing and moaning about it. In fact I think I will allow this thread to stay open till the end of time.

I've been really impressed with Jameer's play and leadership since Dwight went down. I hope it continues throughout the post season.

Jameers leadership has been present since the day we drafted him. Hope won't be necessary for this continuation.

Now Dwight on the other hand, we do need hope.... and then some.

"Leaders will stay the course, Where others will continue to change their path" - SGT Barnett, Erik J

(Yes, I did qoute myself. This is a something I have always said to my young Marines)