Drain-O

Magic vs. Pacers Opening Round Playoffs 2012

At least we arent the Knicks.

untitled-1l7y7l.gif

Oh.. my.. God. I haven't laughed this hard at something on the forum in a long time. +1, wish I could give it a +10.

I think this whole series comes down to Games 3 and 4. I feel like we need to go back to Indiana up 3 games to 1 to win the series, and preferably in six games.. not a seventh in Indiana.

Stan's lack of action in the 3rd quarter when things were going downhill fast REALLY got on my nerves.. and I'm being kind here. I think the guys flat out ran out of gas. I wish they had two days off instead of one.. I still think this series is a coin flip and it just comes down to who plays harder and smarter.

I don't think the guys have ever gotten the "smarter" message yet. Doesn't seem like it from any of the interviews this season.

Oh.. my.. God. I haven't laughed this hard at something on the forum in a long time. +1, wish I could give it a +10.

I think this whole series comes down to Games 3 and 4. I feel like we need to go back to Indiana up 3 games to 1 to win the series, and preferably in six games.. not a seventh in Indiana.

Stan's lack of action in the 3rd quarter when things were going downhill fast REALLY got on my nerves.. and I'm being kind here. I think the guys flat out ran out of gas. I wish they had two days off instead of one.. I still think this series is a coin flip and it just comes down to who plays harder and smarter.

I don't think the guys have ever gotten the "smarter" message yet. Doesn't seem like it from any of the interviews this season.

As this season has gone on, especially with the injuries, I find myself falling more in line with this. Stan is phenomenal at the preparation side of things. He's good at drawing up plays.

He's not so good at managing his players.

JRich, when he's had some rest, is a very good player. Not all-star, but good. Hedo, when his pizza-bloated form isn't dragging itself up and down the court, is pretty close to his form two years ago. Even Jameer, when he's had a day off, plays lights-out.

But Stan plays these guys into the ground.

Were there no other options, I'd understand, but we have Ish and Duhon to spell 'Meer, we have Q and VW to spell JRich, we have Clark and Q to spell Hedo. I get that Stan doesn't fully trust those guys, but you play them so the guys you DO trust have enough steam to win the game for you.

You don't run a six-man rotation through a season like we just had and not expect those guys to crash and burn when they run out of gas. When you see JRich jogging on the court and just standing there, hoisting up threes instead of trying to get to the rim; when you see all the starters simply sitting at the three-point line, barely moving, watching yet another three clang off mark and not trying for a rebound?

Time to put in the second team. That doesn't seem to happen much. And we seem to lose a lot of leads because of it.

• Upvote 1

You don't run a six-man rotation through a season like we just had and not expect those guys to crash and burn when they run out of gas.

Time to put in the second team.

30.... Taking into account the various injuries and fighting to remain relevant for Dwights sake... SVG had no choice but to run them.... And when you look at who's behind them there is a huge drop.... besides JJ... Other than that... They are all one demensional.

I don't understand why no one thinks of the whole story and everything that has transpired that lead us here....

Some people see a bad game and say... SVG sucks, his rotation sucks, blah, blah, blah

I don't say this ever and this is not targeting you 30.... But .... "Shut Up".... You can't expect a guy to produce gold with a pile of hot steaming Sh1t...... which is what this roster has been since 2009.

Q, JRich, JJ all the same player..... Orton, Clark all the same player.... Ish and Liggins... All the same player.... Duhon, Magic Dancers... Same.... 70% of our roster are duplicates.

Turk although declining give us something different, same with Ryan, Nelson, Davis and Howard.

I mean C'mon Man!!!! Open your mind and try to think before posting a crazy notion.

This isn't NBA Live 2012 for Playstation or XBox.

30.... Taking into account the various injuries and fighting to remain relevant for Dwights sake... SVG had no choice but to run them.... And when you look at who's behind them there is a huge drop.... besides JJ... Other than that... They are all one demensional.

I don't understand why no one thinks of the whole story and everything that has transpired that lead us here....

Some people see a bad game and say... SVG sucks, his rotation sucks, blah, blah, blah

I don't say this ever and this is not targeting you 30.... But .... "Shut Up".... You can't expect a guy to produce gold with a pile of hot steaming Sh1t...... which is what this roster has been since 2009.

Q, JRich, JJ all the same player..... Orton, Clark all the same player.... Ish and Liggins... All the same player.... Duhon, Magic Dancers... Same.... 70% of our roster are duplicates.

Turk although declining give us something different, same with Ryan, Nelson, Davis and Howard.

I mean C'mon Man!!!! Open your mind and try to think before posting a crazy notion.

This isn't NBA Live 2012 for Playstation or XBox.

Good lord, that's a lot of ellipses. :D

I don't think VW is some second coming of MJ or anything (like some on this board do), but I do think that Stan could sit JRich a while longer so the minutes he does play are stronger.

There's a tipping point where some of these guys (Hedo, JRich, to a lesser extent 'Meer and Davis) become so gassed they're a liability. They don't rotate on defense, they don't get after rebounds, they don't hit their shots.

This bench is really, really weak: totally agree with you there. But when you play the starters as much as we do, they become weak through simple exhaustion.

Good lord, that's a lot of ellipses. :D

I don't think VW is some second coming of MJ or anything (like some on this board do), but I do think that Stan could sit JRich a while longer so the minutes he does play are stronger.

There's a tipping point where some of these guys (Hedo, JRich, to a lesser extent 'Meer and Davis) become so gassed they're a liability. They don't rotate on defense, they don't get after rebounds, they don't hit their shots.

This bench is really, really weak: totally agree with you there. But when you play the starters as much as we do, they become weak through simple exhaustion.

Unfortunately, depending on how bad the sprained thumb is JRich might have to sit.

But your right.... When your guys are not effective they need a breather.... Its sad that the backups don't play well enough for a long breather....

I guess exhaustion was the reason I saw them closing out so late. So hard to watch.

Watching the highlights that is.. since they are NBATVing the Magic again.

Wait... JRich is injured??

Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, for one, is worried about Orlando’s size disadvantage at virtually every position on the floor. Glen ``Big Baby’’ Davis, all 6-foot-8 of him, has had trouble with 7-3 Roy Hibbert, while 6-8 wing players Danny Granger and Paul George and 6-3 point guard George Hill have worn down the Magic’s perimeter players.

``You do worry with guys playing 40 minutes and it’s hard work and guys wear down,’’ Van Gundy said. ``The one thing that we all know – and I don’t care what the sport is – when you are giving away size the thing you worry about is wearing down over time. There’s an old saying that as the game goes on the quick guys slow down a little bit, but the tall guys don’t shrink. So that’s the advantage of size and we just have to keep battling and fighting.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_offense_050112.html

-Agreed

Also something else to chew on:

Turkoglu has made just seven of 21 shots. That’s even more impressive considering that he has complained to the Magic bench several times that he has little to no peripheral vision because of the mask he’s forced to wear.

Turkoglu has made just seven of 21 shots. That’s even more impressive considering that he has complained to the Magic bench several times that he has little to no peripheral vision because of the mask he’s forced to wear.

that sucks, hope he adjusts for game 3 tonight because we really need him to step up and contribute. Nelson and BBD can't do everything.

So basically SVG is forcing Turk to play bc he doesn't trust Wafer Liggins or Harper?!?! Just when you think SVG can't get no worse lol I'm so over this dude

• Downvote 4