OrlandoMagicFan1234

Dwight wants trade after season is over

So we're going to spend money on mediocrity? That's an effing joke. We're in this position because Otis has just thrown money around. The Nuggets realized Nene's contract was bad and traded him. Where have the Bucks gone with Bogut? How about the Kings with Dalembert or the Clippers with Okafor?

They're albatross contracts; just because the rest of the league overpays because the center position is so awful doesn't mean we need to fit that mold. As bad as the Raptors are, you don't think they sit there wishing they were paying some rookie or something 2 million or so to help them lose 60% of their games every year?

I am in complete agreement with you. Otis has put this organization in check with 29 other teams ready to put us in checkmate.

The other options at center are not that appealing. Ideally Dwight gets healthy, repairs all the broken relationships that he has served continually to undermine here in Orlando, and begins playing with a purpose greater than himself once more.

However, if he doesn't wish to remain in Orlando, I am interested to hear what your alternatives to having Dwight in blue and white are? Who fills his shoes? What salaries are acceptable when replacing the most dominant center of this generation?

Dwights Orthopod is the Michael Jordan of his field and you are nothing more than a guy who played some high school bball yet you think you know. I do mean this in the most kind way and dont mean to be offensive but being a patient and being the surgeon are two incredibly different things.

This discussion has nothing to do with me playing high school & college ball. This isn't me saying, since I played ball in school, I know about back pain. It has to do with spending the last 20 years in dozen's of orthoepedist offices hearing a myriad of recommended solutions to my ongoing back and neck troubles. It has to do with undergoing the same surgery that Dwight just did - twice. It has to do with playing through the pain, managing the pain, and ultimately succumbing to the pain - when I was in my mid 30's, not at peak physical condition as Dwight is.

If a world class athlete can't play through the pain that I did for 10-15 years for even 10-15 days, then what does that tell you?

If we have to trade d12 i would look for a trade with the Nets. Something like this:

D12, Turk, Duhon and maybe J-Rich to the Nets

G. Wallace and Orlandos 1. Pick to Sacramento

T. Evans, Lopez, Nets 1. Pick and if possible M. Brooks to Orlando

Orl:

Evans/Nelson/Smith

JJ/Brooks/Evans

Rookie (MKG or Barnes)/Q-Rich/Clark

Anderson/Davis/Clark

Lopez/Davis/FA

I am in complete agreement with you. Otis has put this organization in check with 29 other teams ready to put us in checkmate.

The other options at center are not that appealing. Ideally Dwight gets healthy, repairs all the broken relationships that he has served continually to undermine here in Orlando, and begins playing with a purpose greater than himself once more.

However, if he doesn't wish to remain in Orlando, I am interested to hear what your alternatives to having Dwight in blue and white are? Who fills his shoes? What salaries are acceptable when replacing the most dominant center of this generation?

If he's deadset on leaving, you call LA and work something for Bynum.

If LA doesn't bite, you play the year out, you sit Dwight down and tell him he's not being traded and the team's making one last run for a championship. You bring in Nash, you try and sign-trade Ray Allen for JJ Redick. I think next I call up Philly and offer them Sign-trade Anderson/Turk for Iggy and Brand. Brand's an expiring deal, Iggy is a wing defender and creator who's offense would probably pick back up playing in an up-tempo system with Nash.

Nash and Allen are on managable deals

Dwight and Brand are expiring deals

Iggy would have one year left making him a desirable trade piece draft night or at the next trade deadline, especially with his skillset.

You make one last title run and you have very good cap flexibility for the forseeable future.

That's what I'd try to do.

• Downvote 1

If we have to trade d12 i would look for a trade with the Nets. Something like this:

D12, Turk, Duhon and maybe J-Rich to the Nets

G. Wallace and Olandos 1. Pick to Sacramento

T. Evans, Lopez, Nets 1. Pick and if possible M. Brooks to Orlando

Orl:

Evans/Nelson/Smith

JJ/Brooks/Evans

Rookie (MKG or Barnes)/Q-Rich/Clark

Anderson/Davis/Clark

Lopez/Davis/FA

One problem with this is the fact it's no guarantee the Nets have a 1st rd pick. If they aren't in the top 3 they lose their own pick. I think better yet hope the only way they deal Dwight to the Nets is if they have that top 3 pick. If they don't look elsewhere or just roll the dice with Dwight.

One problem with this is the fact it's no guarantee the Nets have a 1st rd pick. If they aren't in the top 3 they lose their own pick. I think better yet hope the only way they deal Dwight to the Nets is if they have that top 3 pick. If they don't look elsewhere or just roll the dice with Dwight.

Of course it have to be a top 3 pick. If the Nets don't get that pick, call the Lakers or Chicaco.

"About 50% of people with a herniated disc in the low back recover within 1 month. And within 6 months, 96% recover. Only 10% of people with herniated disc problems that cause noticeable symptoms eventually have surgery."

It's all relative. I was not playing against grown men, nor was I a grown man physically trained to perform against other grown men.

I also was not paid (handsomely) to perform and chose instead to play through a severe injury for the love of the game. Mostly because herniated disk pain can be managed and played through in nearly all circumstances. It really boils down to desire.

Let's not get this twisted. Dwight chose to have surgery at a very convenient time for himself, and a very inconvenient time for his teammates. Not because the injury is career threatening,not because next season will be lost if he doesn't attend to the injury ASAP, but because he doesn't have the heart to compete when faced with adversity. He has demonstrated this time and again on the court, and this year has demonstrated it in spades off the court.

Interesting point by Smackdaddy. I have a lot of respect for Smack, and his point goes back to my original point when I accused Dwight of "making this up." One: I find it very hard to believe the Orlando would miss a herniated disc, let alone one that would ultimately require diskectomy and laminectomy. Presumably, this would suggest Dwight's symptoms were so debilitating that it caused insurmountable pain and neurological deficits, which they very well could be the reason. Two: To Dwight's defense, there's a chance the 20/20 game made his injury so much worse that it necessitated the surgery, but the progression from "back spasms" to "disc herniation" was highly questionable, especially since it occurred during the Stan/Dwight debacle. Three: Based on YaBoyR's perspective, I am willing to give Dwight benefit of the doubt, that he wants what's best for his career, that he loves Orlando and his teammates, and that he would prefer to play if possible. I think a disk herniation existed and early surgery would prevent worsening of symptoms. His trade value will remain high, which is good for us.

End of the day, however, based on how I see this team is now playing -- Dwight 100% in this whole season would have changed the culture of this team. He seems so intent on always blaming others instead of significantly improving his game and leadership skills (which also involves recruiting all stars). His one foot in and out has severely hurt this team, and I feel that IF Dwight is ever traded or leaves on his own, the truth will come out: he did a lot to twist management's hand in subsequently bringing the wrong players to this team. This could explain why Otis is still here. I think the Magic realize just how great a coach Stan is and how a poor leader Dwight is that they haven't completely placated to Dwight's demands and fire Stan despite knowing their superstar has wanted him out for quite some time.

To add to our dilemma, we all know that Dwight is still a once in a decade type of player. Letting him go will not be easy, and I am uncertain if that's even the right decision. If I had a wet dream, it would be Dwight comes out of rehab a changed man with new focus, Stan going to Dwight and saying, "Big man, let's make up and make out -- let's get us a championship together." The reality is probably going to be something very ugly, something like this: Stan gets fired, we keep Dwight and he still bolts. I figure if I prepare for the worse, then I can be pleasantly suprised: Magic go to the Eastern Conf Finals, Stan stays, Dwight becomes MVP next year, we win championship next year, Stan and Dwight kiss and make up. Wet dream, Arielle Kebbel.

• Upvote 1

You guys do realize that Steve Nash, Ray Allen, and likely Gerald Wallace all are going to be free agents in the offseason, right?

That means they would have to want to come here. And they are going to be title hunting. There already have been reports that both Nash and Allen might go to Miami. Or that Nash might go to the Knicks (I guess he lives in NY in the offseason).

Also, New Jersey's chances of keeping its pick is not good since it has to be in the top 3. I would guess we'll know by May 30 what the status of that pick wil be.

Oh, and on that list of supposedly overpaid centers....there are several I would prefer paying their current salaries to paying Brook Lopez 4 years and $40 million. Have no idea what you're talking about re Dalembert and the Kings or Okafor and the Clippers. The Kings have DeMarcus Cousins, and did Okafor ever play for the Clips? Not impressed by that GMing. Of course, would rather just keep Dwight if that still is an option.

Just looking from how it appears on the outside, I've got to say that not much is trending in the way I would like unless a lot of great secrets are being kept, which seems unlikely.

You guys do realize that Steve Nash, Ray Allen, and likely Gerald Wallace all are going to be free agents in the offseason, right?

That means they would have to want to come here. And they are going to be title hunting. There already have been reports that both Nash and Allen might go to Miami. Or that Nash might go to the Knicks (I guess he lives in NY in the offseason).

Also, New Jersey's chances of keeping its pick is not good since it has to be in the top 3. I would guess we'll know by May 30 what the status of that pick wil be.

Oh, and on that list of supposedly overpaid centers....there are several I would prefer paying their current salaries to paying Brook Lopez 4 years and $40 million. Have no idea what you're talking about re Dalembert and the Kings or Okafor and the Clippers. The Kings have DeMarcus Cousins, and did Okafor ever play for the Clips? Not impressed by that GMing. Of course, would rather just keep Dwight if that still is an option.

Just looking from how it appears on the outside, I've got to say that not much is trending in the way I would like unless a lot of great secrets are being kept, which seems unlikely.

My bad, Kings had Dalembert last year and now he's with Houston. And Okafor and the Hornets. After Clippers trade, got him and Kaman mixed up.

If he's deadset on leaving, you call LA and work something for Bynum.

If LA doesn't bite, you play the year out, you sit Dwight down and tell him he's not being traded and the team's making one last run for a championship. You bring in Nash, you try and sign-trade Ray Allen for JJ Redick. I think next I call up Philly and offer them Sign-trade Anderson/Turk for Iggy and Brand. Brand's an expiring deal, Iggy is a wing defender and creator who's offense would probably pick back up playing in an up-tempo system with Nash.

Nash and Allen are on managable deals

Dwight and Brand are expiring deals

Iggy would have one year left making him a desirable trade piece draft night or at the next trade deadline, especially with his skillset.

You make one last title run and you have very good cap flexibility for the forseeable future.

That's what I'd try to do.

So you expect Philly to trade Iggy/Brand both have expiring contracts after next year for Turk/Anderson,ok if their gm is that dumb lets make that trade.

I would rather go after Tyreke Evans,he's young and still has room to grow as a player.

Jrich,Anderson,1rd for Evans,Thompson

pg:Jameer,Ish

sg:Evans,Redick

sf:Turk,Qrich

pf:Thompson,Clark

c:Dwight,Davis

So you expect Philly to trade Iggy/Brand both have expiring contracts after next year for Turk/Anderson,ok if their gm is that dumb lets make that trade.

I would rather go after Tyreke Evans,he's young and still has room to grow as a player.

Jrich,Anderson,1rd for Evans,Thompson

pg:Jameer,Ish

sg:Evans,Redick

sf:Turk,Qrich

pf:Thompson,Clark

c:Dwight,Davis

Brand is expiring but Anderson is young and full of potential. Turkoglu has a year less on his deal than Iguodala which is why those rumors got started in the first place last year.