Beast From The East

GameThread Magic @ Utah 4/21/12

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Magic
    • Jazz

What a selfish play by Jameer to end regulation, Ryan had a fantastic look.

We all knew Jameer was going to shoot it, he's made clutch shots and had a good game for the most part. SVG should've had JJ out there and been more creative with the play at the end, rather than a Jameer ISO. But it is what it is. Utah's front line ate us alive and we still nearly pulled it off. Team was just too gassed at the end.

What a selfish play by Jameer to end regulation, Ryan had a fantastic look.

Why is Jameer shooting a three in a tie game. Also why is JJ who has played good sitting on the bench for forever in the 4th and at least put him in for the last shot to win it. Great play drawn up by Stan. You really cant get better than a contested 3 in a tie game. Because Stan is the bestest coach we can get, right. Lawlz.

• Upvote 1

You can't fight any harder than this team did tonight. These circumstances are practically impossible to get a W, so the fact that they were in this till the end speaks volumes. Gotta love the effort from EVERYONE out there.

Like you all, not a fan of Jameer's shot at the end of regulation. Would have liked to stick to our guns that got us to that point all night (say, passes perhaps?) I think Stan had something better drawn up that either fell apart, or Jameer decided wasn't gonna have a better chance than he would. Once that shot was blocked, you just knew it was over.

Now you've got to think that the Magic get blown out in Denver...I mean, hop on a plane for an hour, go to hotel, sleep this one off (Guys played a TON tonight though...I mean, Big Baby played 45 mins!), with a tip time of 8pm ET in Denver (altitude, anyone?)

I just don't see them coming CLOSE tomorrow. I'd be pleased with anything better than a 20-point loss at this point, setting up a mad scramble for 6th place on Wednesday and Thursday.

What a crazy season.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Stan's play was a contested three by Jameer, but I'm fairly confident he wanted Jameer taking the last shot. Sometimes it works (see:Denver last year) and others it doesn't. I don't like the decision to have Q out there in that last shot of regulation instead of JJ though, may have been a brainfart by SVG, but it made no sense.

Excellent effort tonight with a depleted roster. Let this one get away. Lucky we got bobcats at home should be able to lock up 6th seed .. Nice to lock it up tomorrow that way can rest davis jrich n nels and give Ish decent minutes.

We just don't have the roster right now. I will say though that if we played like this with this effort with Dwight back in the lineup we could be something to deal with.

You can't fight any harder than this team did tonight. These circumstances are practically impossible to get a W, so the fact that they were in this till the end speaks volumes. Gotta love the effort from EVERYONE out there.

Like you all, not a fan of Jameer's shot at the end of regulation. Would have liked to stick to our guns that got us to that point all night (say, passes perhaps?) I think Stan had something better drawn up that either fell apart, or Jameer decided wasn't gonna have a better chance than he would. Once that shot was blocked, you just knew it was over.

Now you've got to think that the Magic get blown out in Denver...I mean, hop on a plane for an hour, go to hotel, sleep this one off (Guys played a TON tonight though...I mean, Big Baby played 45 mins!), with a tip time of 8pm ET in Denver (altitude, anyone?)

I just don't see them coming CLOSE tomorrow. I'd be pleased with anything better than a 20-point loss at this point, setting up a mad scramble for 6th place on Wednesday and Thursday.

What a crazy season.

If Knicks lose to Atlanta tomorrow afternoon no need to play key players; we'd have 6th seed locked up by gametime