Franchero MVP

Van Gundy - voted least popular coach in NBA

Shooting 40% from the 3 only helps when you actually shoot the ball,

no it doesn't.

It's the threat of shooting 40% from the 3 that is relevant. Scouts and coaches look at data over a period of time and game plan according to that. When Ish steps in, they will simply tell their players to sag off him to help in other areas. If Ish goes off that night, then so be it. But that's a calculated risk that will more likely than not work in their favor.

If we were talking about a team that was thinking about the future and developing a player was the main focus then yes I agree with you. I think most of us are realistic enough to understand this team isn't winning a title, try telling that to the coach that is fanatical about winning and the players that are playing their tails off without their "leader."

Sadly, I have come to accept this with the fanactical side of me still holding out hope. Nor and I nieve enough to believe Ish is the missing link. but he has outproduced Duhon in every aspect in his small sample size, including D (which is not saying much, with the one exception being the 3 ball. Win he is in the game, leads are maintained, which throws the organization comment out the window,

My fear is that this season ends, Ish is not kept and signs with a team desperately needing a pg like say the Heat, and becomes the missing piece for the first of their 8 titles.

no it doesn't.

It's the threat of shooting 40% from the 3 that is relevant. Scouts and coaches look at data over a period of time and game plan according to that. When Ish steps in, they will simply tell their players to sag off him to help in other areas. If Ish goes off that night, then so be it. But that's a calculated risk that will more likely than not work in their favor.

When he is open and the D is sagging inside or to cover other players and he passes the ball, that helps us how?

My fear is that this season ends, Ish is not kept and signs with a team desperately needing a pg like say the Heat, and becomes the missing piece for the first of their 8 titles.

Ish is now the missing piece to a championship? my goodness.

this forum has hit a new low.

Ish is now the missing piece to a championship? my goodness.

this forum has hit a new low.

Come on man, I did not say he was. I said that was my fear. He seems to have the potential to be a good young pg in this league. Yes he is young and needs to improve but the potential is there. If he goes to a team like the heat who need a pg, he COULD be the missing link.

Come on man, I did not say he was. I said that was my fear. He seems to have the potential to be a good young pg in this league. Yes he is young and needs to improve but the potential is there. If he goes to a team like the heat who need a pg, he COULD be the missing link.

How many journeyman players become the missing piece on championship teams? Its not likely in the least bit.

so what you're saying is, pigs COULD fly.

gotcha.

I'm beginning to warm more and more to the idea of Stan being replaced.. to me it's about has Stan lost Dwight? Or the whole team?

I'm just more fearful of anything that we'll get a far worse coach than we have already. Get me a Rick Adelman, a Jerry Sloan, okay. But a Mike Brown-type? I shudder at the thought.

If we're gonna have Dwight on the team, then we really need him here long term. Impending free agents won't want to end up like Antwan Jamison, getting to the team just in time for LBJ, or in this case Dwight, to just walk back out the door. I'm sure players want to play with Dwight, but they gotta know he'll be there for a while.

This franchise can't let Dwight keep putting them though what he, and his mouth, put us through this season. To paraphrase from pro wrestling, "either you're with us.. or you're against us." At least by next year's trade deadline, preferably as soon as this Summer, the organization has to get with Dwight, sell a solid game plan for the present and the future, and either get that extension, or by God trade him.

To put it basically, turn the page on this mess. That goes for Otis, Stan, Dwight, AND any other players that aren't actually with the Championship program.

How many journeyman players become the missing piece on championship teams? Its not likely in the least bit.

For the love of all things good in this world, I said my FEAR. So please stop trying to paint me as some crazed fan that thinks that Ish is the ANSWER. I said my fear was!! You team him with the team they have with and who knows. Right now his potential is unknown because he is stuck behind Duhon.

To answer your question: I have no idea, nor do I care. Might not be likely, but anything is possible.

For the love of all things good in this world, I said my FEAR. So please stop trying to paint me as some crazed fan that thinks that Ish is the ANSWER. I said my fear was!! You team him with the team they have with and who knows. Right now his potential is unknown because he is stuck behind Duhon.

To answer your question: I have no idea, nor do I care. Might not be likely, but anything is possible.

I can also fear that I might get eaten by the lochness monster. But the chance of that happening is 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001%.

emotions, gotta love em.