Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

Won't be sad to see Stan go - It's time

WOW.

After defending Duhon HARD last season, i would not expect anything less from you.

I never defended Duhon, let alone "hard", all I did was point out the over exaggerations from some posters who would go as far as saying Duhon was the worst defender in the league, and etc.

And what part of what I said wasn't true? You said it's "arguable" that some of those below average coaches are better than Stan, yet you posed no arguments, unless playing Duhon was your argument, which in that case I replied that it's a FACT that Stan wouldn't play Duhon if he coached those other teams. What's your argument then?

Only on this forum....

Seriously. Wow. We just beat a playoff team without two starters, and you guys are wanting to fire the coach because he played a different back up point guard than you would like. My head hurts.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I never defended Duhon, let alone "hard", all I did was point out the over exaggerations from some posters who would go as far as saying Duhon was the worst defender in the league, and etc.

And what part of what I said wasn't true? You said it's "arguable" that some of those below average coaches are better than Stan, yet you posed no arguments, unless playing Duhon was your argument, which in that case I replied that it's a FACT that Stan wouldn't play Duhon if he coached those other teams. What's your argument then?

Why are you engaging these vulgarians in debate?

You can't win here.

Only on this forum....

Seriously. Wow. We just beat a playoff team without two starters, and you guys are wanting to fire the coach because he played a different back up point guard than you would like. My head hurts.

Without 1 starter. Hedo doesn't count.

Tom Thibodeau/Rick Carlisle/George Karl/Frank Vogel/Lionel Hollins/Scott Skiles/Rick Adelman/Larry Drew/Scott Brooks/Doug Collins/Greg Popovich/Doc Rivers

Those are 12 coaches who are arguably better than Stan at the moment.

I don't think it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a decent replacement, even when he would not be an elite coach. Is not like SVG's job was Auerbachesque.

Maybe, no, no, Jesus christ no, Oh my God you are kidding me no, you aren't real no, no, wow.....no, *sigh* no, no, no, yes, no

Comparing Stan to Auerbach is a straw man. Even if those coaches are better than Stan, none of them are available. Or, to approach it from a different angle, if we fire Stan he will instantly become the hottest coaching commodity in the league and will have a job within a week of the offseason starting. That should tell you something.

Even if those coaches are better than Stan, none of them are available. Or, to approach it from a different angle, if we fire Stan he will instantly become the hottest coaching commodity in the league and will have a job within a week of the offseason starting. That should tell you something.

he is a good coach...but we simply need a change, especially if we want to keep Dwight and contend for a championship...

how do we keep winning with DUDU on the floor!

We certainly weren't winning with Ish on the floor.

• Downvote 1

We certainly weren't winning with Ish on the floor.

It is completely unfair to rule that us losing those games warranted Ish getting benched for Duhon. And it was only two games that we lost out of three with Ish as the backup I might add. We beat Detroit and then lost to the Wizards and the Hawks.

Here's Ish's stats for those three games:

Detroit

In 18:41 of play, he recorded 6 points off of 3-7 shooting, 1 rebound, 7 assist, 3 steals, and 1 turnover.

Great shooting night for our starters.

52.5 percent as a team

53.6 from three.

Wizards

In 15:50 of play, he recorded 8 points off of 4-8 shooting, 5 rebounds, 3 assist, and 1 turnover.

JRich 4-16

Ryan 2-10

Davis 5-13

Redick 6-14

Nelson 8-19

36.6 percent as a team

31.4 from three.

We lose.

Hawks

In 17:58 of play, he recorded 6 points off of 3-6 shooting, 3 rebounds, 2 assist, 1 steal, and 3 turnovers.

The 3 turnovers is the only part I don't like about this performance.

JRich 4-11

Ryan 2-12

Davis 8-13

Redick 2-7

Nelson 4-14

38.8 percent as a team

21.4 percent from three

We lose

As far as the assist, he would have more if we didn't shoot like crap. 7 assist when we shot the ball well vs Detroit followed by a 3 and 2 assist performance.

Now, let's check Duhon's performances in these last two wins.

Cavaliers

19:13 of play and he had 5 points off of 2-7, 1 rebound, 2 assist, 1 steal, and 0 turnovers.

45.6 field goal percentage for out team.

37.9 percent from three.

Sixers

13:12 of play and he had 3 points off of 1-1, 1 rebound, 3 assist, 1 blocked shot(will probably never happen again), and 0 turnovers.

53.3 field goal percentage for our team.

61.1 percent from three.

Not saying Ish is starter worthy or anything like that, I'm just saying he's not the reason why we lost and that his performances should not have gotten him benched. I think Stan just feels more comfortable with Duhon in which is fine. I understand that. That will probably change next season though because Ish will have had the opportunity to learn our system and plays, if he's still on the team.