Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Any chance we sign a center while Dwight is out?

Who are we going to beat if Dwight doesn't make it back? I am hoping Milwaukee keeps winning. I'd rather be in the lottery than play without Dwight.

No way it happens. But man that would be awesome to drop somewhere close to that low. Guys like Austin Rivers, Jarred Sullinger, Perry Jones, and Kendall Marshall will all be around there.

I don't understand what the point would be. Can you win a title with any other center on this team?

No, but the game is played to win, signing another would at least give them a chance all be it slim. I dont think they can even sign a player now and have him eligable for the playoffs though.

No, but the game is played to win, signing another would at least give them a chance all be it slim. I dont think they can even sign a player now and have him eligable for the playoffs though.

herm-meme-generator-you-play-to-win-the-game-1fe5f0.jpg

Neither one of your posts actually answered my question. All you did was promote the same rhetoric that you usually post. Instead of complaining all the time, how about you actually post a realistic solution. Sarcastically saying we should trade Turk and Richardson to get Gortat back is not a realistic solution.

So, I'll ask again, what center do you think we could acquire to fill the void at center?

Apparently no one since they wouldn't be eligible to play at this point.'I bow down to Otis and his intelligence. He has known all along we couldnt bring someone in at this point so he just stood pat. It was a incredible move by him, no other gm in the league could have pulled it off. Lookl Im not the gm. Im just the guy who goes to the game and expects to see a polished championship product on the floor for my $200 ticket when ownership and the gm tell me thats what they have. Instead Im getting carnival atmosphere, some chubby cheerleaders and a team which minus dwight that I wouldnt pay $3 to see on a rainy do nothing Tuesday night.

As Ive said 100 times Im not the gm. I dont see what comes across his desk that I could make a thumbs up or down on. My suggestion is they should have someone already and if they dont go get a center that can clog the lane as a fat sloppy pig inside (IE Orton #2) to keep teams from getting 50%+ fg shooting percentages against us. A year and a half and weve got Orton and undersized power forwards and our gm considers us contenders...laughable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I also have no question 90% of the guys posting here could do a better job (at half the price) right now managing this team than our current gm. I have no doubt DOM could right this club starting day one and within a year have the garbage either committing suicide or just flat out quitting because of his speeches of encouragement. I could easily

see him starting weekly nude yoga classes and bake offs to foster team chemistry.

Personally Id go out and take a cheap swing on a short very cheap contract for Greg the handicap Oden. There is probably a 10-20% chance the guy makes it back next year or the year after and can be a great 10 minute a game contributor without stressing his body. He is still young chronologically (but not to the eye) and if he can be 70% of the player he was it would be a great addition for little cost and zero risk. Look at the risk we took for Gilbert financially and it was much higher and the reward lower. If it doesnt pan out big deal. Then again Otis would probably want to bring back 83 year old Tony Battie and give him a 4 year 50 million dollar contract...that would be better.

If Dwight goes down we are screwed anyway so why have this elusive back-up C? Especially when BBD plays his best at C anyway.

It's over. No back-up C would probably even allow us to win 1 playoff game. Otis sucks, but not because of this.

If Dwight goes down we are screwed anyway so why have this elusive back-up C? Especially when BBD plays his best at C anyway.

It's over. No back-up C would probably even allow us to win 1 playoff game. Otis sucks, but not because of this.

No he sucks because of this too. If Gortat were still backing up Dwight I'd feel real damn confident going into a playoffs series against a team like the Pacers or 76ers. That would also mean we would still have actual bench depth like Peaches and VC (who I'd rather have right now then J-Rich).

I'm sure Gortat would have been happy waiting another year and a half just so he could start for us for 10 games right now. He wouldn't have complained and caused locker room problems at all.

I also have no question 90% of the guys posting here could do a better job (at half the price) right now managing this team than our current gm. I have no doubt DOM could right this club starting day one and within a year have the garbage either committing suicide or just flat out quitting because of his speeches of encouragement. I could easily

see him starting weekly nude yoga classes and bake offs to foster team chemistry.

Personally Id go out and take a cheap swing on a short very cheap contract for Greg the handicap Oden. There is probably a 10-20% chance the guy makes it back next year or the year after and can be a great 10 minute a game contributor without stressing his body. He is still young chronologically (but not to the eye) and if he can be 70% of the player he was it would be a great addition for little cost and zero risk. Look at the risk we took for Gilbert financially and it was much higher and the reward lower. If it doesnt pan out big deal. Then again Otis would probably want to bring back 83 year old Tony Battie and give him a 4 year 50 million dollar contract...that would be better.

I don't know why I even bothered trying. Why did you title this thread in a way that would suggest that you wanted a normal conversation? Let's just start one thread entitled, "Notorious SAC really thinks Otis sucks", the mods can sticky it, and you can post all of your ramblings and complaints into one condensed thread.