Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

2012 Draft Discussion Thread?

you jumped the gun too fast...

I thought Rob drafted two ballers and not just two beautiful flower vases to look at...

we might be trading some of the bigs... hold off your thoughts till the season starts..

did you think J Harper and Liggins were good picks?

they have their foot half way out of the NBA now...

Actually I think he just used the gun to shoot himself in the foot.

What a genius. I was a Celtics fan before the Magic were in existence. I've lived in Orlando since 1971. We only got a team in 1989.

Besides, instead of wasting your time with such a childish post ("shut up"), why don't you make the case as to why Nicholson and O'Quinn were such great picks? You can't. You won't.

What do you know about either player? Nicholson is one of the most complete offensive players in the draft and o'quinn was the mvp of portsmouth. Both guys are good prospects relative to where they were drafted and most mock drafts had them being drafted around where we were picking.

you jumped the gun too fast...

I thought Rob drafted two ballers and not just two beautiful flower vases to look at...

we might be trading some of the bigs... hold off your thoughts till the season starts..

did you think J Harper and Liggins were good picks?

they have their foot half way out of the NBA now...

So you're going to compare a 32 and a 53 to a 19 and a 49. Yeah, that will turn out well.

Again, please review. Nearly every guy picked after Liggins was a foreigner.

But this year the draft was considered to be very deep for talent. So, yeah, we could have gotten a lot more at 19/49 this year than we got at 32/53 last year (and for that 32, we had to give up 2 2nd rounders).

This was a botched draft. Terrible. We drafted a couple of tournament darlings, we don't even have a coach. We would have been better off to trade up or out, but to take these two guys was a joke.

What a genius. I was a Celtics fan before the Magic were in existence. I've lived in Orlando since 1971. We only got a team in 1989.

Besides, instead of wasting your time with such a childish post ("shut up"), why don't you make the case as to why Nicholson and O'Quinn were such great picks? You can't. You won't.

Well I trust a NBA GM over you.. as simple as that

Go put your larry bird jersey on or something

So you're going to compare a 32 and a 53 to a 19 and a 49. Yeah, that will turn out well.

But this year the draft was considered to be very deep for talent. So, yeah, we could have gotten a lot more at 19/49 this year than we got at 32/53 last year (and for that 32, we had to give up 2 2nd rounders).

This was a botched draft. Terrible. We drafted a couple of tournament darlings, we don't even have a coach. We would have been better off to trade up or out, but to take these two guys was a joke.

Have you watched either of them play? I'm guessing no.

Celtics should be fine next year..

Thanks for sharing

Or point guard...I've said since Day 1 that Jameer Nelson is not the answer. I used to advocate for the Magic signing Jeremy Lin (ask my friends, I thought that kid was a smart pickup for a long time).

I asked your friends about this, and they said they don't like you anymore.

• Upvote 1

honestly... the two guys that I really wanted to have were perry jones and teague...

something must have have raised a red flag on perry... or felt that his game wouldn't translate in the NBA

Rob obviously liked Nicolson's talent, he is NBA ready,... he is a big man who can shoot anywhere from the floor AND is a legit post up player with randolph touch

he plays with brain... and more importantly he can play d...

if a guy like that comes, I would take him before teague too... I expect Nicolson to be in the rotation this year

If I may, as A native of Olean (St. Bonaventure) I have been following Andrew for the last 4 years, and even have met and hung out with him on occasion.

Andrew is a stellar human being and a grade A class act. But more important to the Magic is

He is a baller, A true lunch pail kind of guy, his game has grown every year and he brings it always. The only possible knock is he does tend to get frustrated if he gets banged around a lot down low but I am sure they Magic will curtail that. Already possesses an NBA shot, can shot-block with the best of them and can get physical. He does need to beef up some for the NBA but I don't see that being much of a problem for him.

In 2 to 3 years I think the Magic fans will truly be thanking their lucky stars they got this guy. He is going to be something special!

Cant wait to see him with the #44 jersey on!