Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

2012 Draft Discussion Thread?

As I stated earlier in this thread, I am a life long St. Johns fan and watched all of Moe Harkless' games this season. If PG is not where we go at #19 I really hope we get Moe, he would easily be a top 5 or 10 pick had he stayed one more year. The kid played out of position all season and still won Big East Freshman of the Year over Drummand.

From everything Ive read on St Johns boards, Moe has been told the Magic have him and one other player as their top 2 targets at #19 (take w. a grain of salt since it did come from a message board). Regardless, its good to see we are actually scouting this draft instead of simply drafting a person we never even watched play.

Yeah you're right, I got him confused with Quincy Miller for some reason. That said, I still don't like betting on potential when someone like Jeff Taylor is there at SF. Harkless reminds me too much of guys like Trevor Ariza or Matt Barnes; athletic defenders who are raw as hell on offense.

I would love a Barnes type of guy.

I don't think the raptors will gamble on Harkless at 8th pick...I think the team is looking to get a guy they can pair up with Bargnai and Derozan for the future. I think they will draft a young pg or a sg and not a sf.

Harkless and Ross are pretty neck and neck right now. I like Harkless because the guy is a slasher and by slasher I mean a legit slasher and is working on getting his jumper better. But Ross is also good, especially for a pick and roll offense, the issue I have is that he has confidence issues, and I feel that could hurt him a great deal if we are looking to grab him. Ross and Harkless are probably the two guys I want the most out of this draft class, save for maybe one of the top 5 players in this draft. Just saying.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I am a life long St. Johns fan and watched all of Moe Harkless' games this season. If PG is not where we go at #19 I really hope we get Moe, he would easily be a top 5 or 10 pick had he stayed one more year. The kid played out of position all season and still won Big East Freshman of the Year over Drummand.

From everything Ive read on St Johns boards, Moe has been told the Magic have him and one other player as their top 2 targets at #19 (take w. a grain of salt since it did come from a message board). Regardless, its good to see we are actually scouting this draft instead of simply drafting a person we never even watched play.

This post reminds me of the a poster a few years ago when the Magic drafted Lee and this person came on here and basically told us we picked up a solid player.

This post reminds me of the a poster a few years ago when the Magic drafted Lee and this person came on here and basically told us we picked up a solid player.

The next Leesus?

• Upvote 1