Sign in to follow this  
Beast From The East

Stan Van Gundy: I want to return as Orlando Magic coach in 2012-13

It's funny. Dwight publicly asks to be traded off of this team, to the Nets of all places, turning this place into a three ring circus, and he is welcomed back with open arms after he commits to the team for another year.

Stan simply tells the truth when asked if Dwight has asked for Stan to be fired in order for Dwight to sign long term in Orlando, and you guys act like Stan is the worst guy in the history of the NBA.

Stan isn't going around trying to get people fired, trying to manipulate the team.

Did you happen to miss this particular player quote?

“Our problem isn’t Stan (Van Gundy). We got one guy who wants to run the show.”

Dwight is causing the issues this team is experiencing behind the scenes.

I'm with you, Echo, but I think it's too late. I think Stan won't last without a Finals run.

I'd absolutely love Coach K as our new leader. It would salvage both our image and need for a proven winner (NCAA titles and Olympic gold)

News

David Baumann ‏ @DavidBaumann33

Multiple sources close to Dwight Howard tell me Howard indicated he preferred Brian Shaw or Michael Malone to SVG in 2011-12. Story soon.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2012/4/7/bhsn_exclusive_who_d#.T4CftA-QmBI.twitter

It's funny. Dwight publicly asks to be traded off of this team, to the Nets of all places, turning this place into a three ring circus, and he is welcomed back with open arms after he commits to the team for another year.

Why would he sign long term,if he doesn't know if the Magic improve the roster.You do know we have a team full of bad contracts,he's giving the Magic a chance to improve the roster,If the Magic don't improve,he can leave saying I gave you a chance to improve the team,but you didn't so im moving on.At least he's giving us a chance to improve the team,be grateful we still have the best bigman in the NBA in Orlando.

Stan simply tells the truth when asked if Dwight has asked for Stan to be fired in order for Dwight to sign long term in Orlando, and you guys act like Stan is the worst guy in the history of the NBA.

Stan isn't going around trying to get people fired, trying to manipulate the team.

Did you happen to miss this particular player quote?

Dwight is causing the issues this team is experiencing behind the scenes.

I get your point. But honestly, it's kind of irrelevant now.

If I had to pick one, i'd pick D12. He's a once in a decade superstar center. Stan is not even near that type of caliber coach.

With Otis gone it's going to be an easier rebuild with D12 as our center than with Stan as our coach. I have a feeling other players around the league don't really like Stan all that much anyway and that he has a bad rap. Oh wait, I forgot Heslow Turkoglu endorsed him.

Great.

Im down for Shaw.

gundy-o.gif

I'm with you, Echo, but I think it's too late. I think Stan won't last without a Finals run.

I'd absolutely love Coach K as our new leader. It would salvage both our image and need for a proven winner (NCAA titles and Olympic gold)

I don't think Stan will last either,and in this case, you absolutely have to go with Dwight (providing he actually signs long term after you let Stan go). The point was (and I'm sure it will be lost on most) the way everyone jumps right back on Dwight's bandwagon after all the **** he caused/put this team through (and apparently is still putting this team through), and yet here you have Stan being blasted for telling the truth when asked point blank.

Stan didn't create this situation. Stan didn't demand to be traded. Stan didn't quit on his team.

Why would he sign long term,if he doesn't know if the Magic improve the roster.You do know we have a team full of bad contracts,he's giving the Magic a chance to improve the roster,If the Magic don't improve,he can leave saying I gave you a chance to improve the team,but you didn't so im moving on.At least he's giving us a chance to improve the team,be grateful we still have the best bigman in the NBA in Orlando.

Way to miss the point.

Way to miss the point.

It's not missing the point.

It's willfully ignoring the point so you don't have to address it rationally.

Kind of like what happened with the Catholic Church vs. common *****ing sense thing with the birth control health insurance. Rather then debate the topic on its merits, you create your own misperception, then attack the misperception.

Dwight decides to opt in after consulting team mates at Waffle House of all places according to reports. Now we have Brian Shaw as a potential coach....Mr. Waffle House when he was a player here. Im seeing a link with boysenberry syrup. Dwight and B Shaw waffle friends.

So I should be GRATEFUL that Howard decided to grace the team with one more year? Get the ***** out of here with that. No one can fix this team in one year and all Dwight is doing is prolonging his pre-FA period. Maybe he liked the attention he got this year so much he decided he wanted it again next year.

This entire year of drama is starting to make sense. If the Magic had placated to D12 earlier this year, Stan would already be gone. It's that simple. But he is still here, which means management at least realizes the value of Stan as the Orlando Magic's best option for coach. Stan somehow needs to get through to Dwight -- NOW -- and the only thing that's going to do that is winning games, period. Championship THIS YEAR is not an option, it's the only option if Stan is going to last here with Dwight. If it's an early exit for us, the Magic will make the tough decision between Stan and Dwight. Dwight, of course, will be the likely choice, as much as I hate that choice right now, but they better get him to sign an extension if you lose a coach like Stan. I'm hoping for the miracle. It's championship or bust.