TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Weirdly, this morning I found this box in storage labeled "All of the *****s that Stan Van Gundy gives"

Step%2001%20Empty%20Box.jpg

That would have been better if there were actual bull sh-t in the box. I admit though: probably hard to come by.

All these reporter-tweeters never gave a rats ass about the Magic and now all of the sudden they jump on the drama saying how stellar of coach Stan is and how a non-star (ie "give me Kobe, DRose, not Dwight) Howard is.

Really?

• Upvote 2

this is how it starts, I think.

Tell Dwight if he signs a max length extension, he can pick whatever coach he wants. Otherwise, I still see the guy getting traded in the offseason while the Magic still have some leverage. I got buried in the thread I started for suggesting it... I still don't see any reason to believe I'm wrong, though. In fact, literally everything I am reading just supports my theories. Bill Simmons this week:

A really good Dwight theory from Someone Who Knows Things: Dwight pulled that last-minute 180 right before the deadline because he was getting destroyed on Twitter for pushing his way out of Orlando. As SWKT said, "People don't understand how often some of these guys check their Twitter replies. Dwight was getting crushed, I think it got into his head and made him think he was doing something wrong, so he panicked." I like this theory — who knew Twitter could reshape NBA history! It's certainly the only feasible explanation for Dwight stupidly/improbably/inconceivably delaying his free agency so this insufferable saga could keep going for another year.

I'm surprised by how many of you Magic fans remain squarely loyal to Dwight Howard. It seems pretty clear to me that the guy wanted out.... he just didn't want to spend half the season being rented by a lotto team. His intention was to just play out the remainder of the season with Orlando and then bolt in free agency (probably to Brooklyn or Dallas). Each time Orlando asked him for a definitive answer on his future plans, he gave them wishy-washy responses. If it played out the way Dwight wanted, he would have been crucified in the media. Finally Orlando got fed up... said, "Either you opt in or you're getting dumped on a team like Houston" and Dwight decided to prolong this bull**** for another season.

Either you guys land a star running-mate to appease Dwight into signing an extension... or your superstar gets shipped out for whatever you can get. If Orlando management allows this nonsense to continue into the trade deadline next season, they are a bunch of idiots.

• Upvote 1

More confirmation. Wow.

I think Otis and SVG are calling Dwight out. Not helpful or professional but honest. Wow.

I think you're stretching it now. The problem with media quotes is that we have ample time to dissect the meaning of quotes, but players/coaches/management just say things on the fly.

Pretty sure Otis just meant "regardless of what's been said/talked about"

this shit is blowing my mind...

not so much that dwight is a douche or that we're the laughing stock and that it figures we'd lose the best coach we ever had to something like this but....

...did ping actually call this? lulz

• Upvote 1