TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

The player have been tuning SVG out for a while. He might be the best coach the Magic have ever had but then I throw Doc Rivers out there. Doc Rivers seems to bring out the best in his players and they love him. As coach for the magic SVG got us further than any coach has. I've felt for a while now that SVG might get fired at the end of the season (barring a championship), but what I'm afraid of is Otis getting a pass. The roster stinks because of Otis. If the Magic had a legit complimentary superstar to play along side Howard we would not be talking about this today. Otis needs to go and go right now. We need to go after that assistant GM for the Thunder.

If SVG is fired, who do we hire to replace him? Don't say Phil Jackson because he is not coming here. He called Orlando a "Plastic city" and told us no thanks when the Magic went after him before we hired Chuck Daly.

Doc Rivers brought out the best in virtually no one (here or in Boston) until he had three veteran all-stars on his team that didn't need his coaching so much as his motivation and inspiration.

• Upvote 2

JJ Redick..was drafted..by us...he's good draft pick. Since his entry into the NBA...he's gone from a feeble player that always was in his suit to...a contributer and NBA physical fit. JJ Redick in his rookie year was WEAK. When it comes to strength. He's a beast now. T rex arms are gone.

He's ...maximized his game to an extent. The only improvement Redick really needs is better ball handling skills. Other than that...he's worked his ass off to stay in the NBA. He's shown that he deserves to be a starter.

Of course JJ should be starting and J-Rich should be coming off the bench. OF COURSE Ish Smith, Stan Van Gundy, or Krusty the Clown should be backup PG instead of Chris Duhon. These are two immediate, in house, rotation moves that need to happen, needed to happen at least a MONTH ago, and are two moves so obvious a blind deaf and mentally handicapped mute could recognize and figure it out. Redick flat out FITS better with the other four starters much more often than not, and J-Rich would be more free to be the primary scorer playing with Davis & Ish (or, bleh, Duhon) as opposed to Dwight & Jameer who need THEIR shots. This isn't fantasy basketball, we don't need 5 20 point scorers at the same court at the same time. Someone needs to pass, SOMEONE needs to rebound, someone needs to D up like Lee & MP used to do. To put it as simply as possible, all Jason does is go off screens and shoot threes. Redick can shoot, go off screens, pass, actually run a pick and roll now and then, and actually try to stay in front of his man on defense!

J.J. is a glue guy, Rich is a chucker at this point in his career unless he gets multiple days rest. Plain and simple.

The Ish-Duhon argument is simple. Outside of catch-and-shoot threes, Duhon sucks. End of discussion.

Stan is a real good Xs and Os coach, but his stubborn rotations (Tony Battie over Gortat for nearly a whole year, burying Ariza, starting a not-ready Jameer in the Finals, Bass over Anderson, no response to Turkaflu stretches, WHERE is Earl Clark, etc. etc.) will be the death of him, the Magic, maybe both... how long someone has been in the league should not guarantee you your spot as a starter, or in the rotation! The players are playing like there are no consequences for their lazy play, either. Stan *****es all day about things like turnovers and lazy D, but doesn't DO anything about anything he says! So why should the players care if he complains? He's all bark and not much bite.

Unfortunately, Stan just hasn't learned from the past and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Hopefully the players he's playing, talking about Hedo, J-Rich, Duhon, mostly, start ballin' better like Glen Davis has lately.

Overall I do like Stan, but he's not exactly Red Auerbach, either. :svgsad:

Thank You,everything you said I agree with.SVG has 1 big flaw(Stubborn),he is a very stubborn coach,he doesn't trust young players like Ish,Clark,Liggins all these players at least deserve a shot to play.Liggins looks like he could be a defensive wing we need to matchup with Wade,Johnson,Iggy in the playoffs,Ish couldn't be any worser than Duhon at backup pg,and Clark deserves some backup pf minutes behind Anderson,he brings hustle off the bench,and we should just use Davis as the backup center for Dwight.But Stan is too stubborn to play the young guys.

Hey so I missed like 10 pages or whatever and I'm not going to go back through it. Has anyone explained why one of the top PGs in the league (DWill) isn't selling his stadium out? Why they had to sell tickets at 12/per just to appear sold out as a message of "come play here, Dwight, we love you!"? Why can't The Magic be that franchise that tells its prima donna superstar we're not going to blow up our entire team just for him, and let him walk when his contract is up? He wanted us to get rid of Carter/Lewis, we got rid of them. He wanted Turk back? We got him back. He wanted Arenas, we got him Arenas. How did those work out for us, again? Dude needs to shut up and work on his FTs, let SVG worry about rotations and gameplans, and Otis needs to head down to the Florida Unemployment office to get some paperwork.

It might just be the soldier in me cropping back up again, but one man is not greater than the whole.

• Upvote 1

So am I, is he wanting to bring in Shaw as a shoot creator or as the coach? Either would be dumber than keeping Otis next year.

So it's either Dwight or Stan. Obviously it's Stan. There is no other coach out there close to Stan, so we need to choose a lesser coach. I was wondering about Shaw because he coached under Phil and maybe learned something that could benefit us. I cant think of anyone who could help us other then who we have, so I'm going outside the box. And since you guys are so educated in all this, I would LOVE to here your ideas.

"Plastic City" ? Wow...Phil Jackson called Orlando fake...

Nobody would ever say that about Los Angeles....

• Upvote 1

So it's either Dwight or Stan. Obviously it's Stan. There is no other coach out there close to Stan, so we need to choose a lesser coach. I was wondering about Shaw because he coached under Phil and maybe learned something that could benefit us. I cant think of anyone who could help us other then who we have, so I'm going outside the box. And since you guys are so educated in all this, I would LOVE to here your ideas.

Well, since you asked, I am just a smart @ss with no real good ideas on the Topic. Learning under a great coach does not mean success. The triangle here? Who would be our Kobe?

I guess McMillan would be the best fit especially since Howard is apparently running the show.

I too think Stan is a fine coach and this whole situation sucks. But no way you can not cave into Howards demand since the players sell the tickets, not the coach.

Which is laughable. I'm not laughing at you, Nick. What I'm saying is outside of Dwight. . .MAYBE Jameer - JJ - Ryan and Glen. . . the other players should be happy that they are even on an NBA roster.

If it is true that Stan has lost his players, then most of them are laggers, feeding off of Dwight and "go as Dwight goes", hiding behind his coat tail. Trust me, I have seen these kind of people before. Most of them are even lucky to have a job. If I were some of the Magic players who fit in the category of "WADING IN THE WATER AND FOUND WANTING", if Stan asked me to jump. . .I would ask: "how high"?

That's just me.

I just don't see Ryan as one of those players that Stan has lost.

LOL. And you would have been traded at the deadline. It's about Dwight and no one else.

Don't get me wrong though. I like Stan and want to keep him but it comes down to the players on the court and they seem to have tuned him out.

To be honest, I don't even want Dwight no more. We don't need a big man to win. I think the last big to win was Shaq. He helps but we don't need him.

Whatever, I'll be watching next year and the year after and rooting on the team we have.