Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

.500 record without JRICH; -.500 since return

Hi new member to the board, but long time follower. I have to agree on this topic Duhon needs to be moved to the 3rd string and Smith needs to be moved into the rotation more. He is not a very good outside shooter but he plays a great in and out game that finds open shots for his teamates. Also he is a much better defender than Duhon. Liggins is getting better and can be a decent role player if given some playing time. I was skeptical of Wafer at the beginning of the year, but he has transitioned into Van Gundy's system pretty well. Best first step in the league and he can create his own shot. He is one of a kind on our team since no one can seem to do that. All of these guys need more minutes. Watch out for Wafer I have a feeling he will explode in the playoffs. Only problem is is defense, but that can improve.

I gotta disagree with some on the use of Liggins. He is one of the very few players on the team who's not afraid to attack the basket. I know, it's a very small sample size, but the offense just feels different when he's in. I'm not saying he should be starting, but I definitely feel his minutes should be increased. Especially on the second half of a B2B. Our guys just flat ran out of gas last night after a hard fought game against Miami the night before. Fatigue could be just as much an influencing factor on our lack of smart decision-making as us just being flat out dumb.

Hypnotize Turk and Jrich if needed and make them believe they will be better off not playing again until the playoffs or something, and start JJ and Q. When we were running Meer/JJ/Q/Ryan/Howard, we were playing really well, ball was moving around and we were scoring points. Then somehow convince Duhon to just quit playing basketball and go home.

Exactly, it's confused me to no end why, in a season with so many back to backs and 4 games in 5 nights and such, that Stan is one of the only coaches not reaching deeper into the bench so that his players can get some rest. At this rate we might be so exhausted in the playoffs that we won't be able to make the push that we need.

Yeah Stans biggest flaw is his inability to establish a good player rotation. If these players do not get more playing time it could hirt our playoff run. Bottom line Clark needs more minutes. Guy has been great since the day we got him. Great defense and great hustle, he clearly is better than Baby most if not all the time.

I gotta disagree, we weren't up against D-Wade or Durant, only Lucas and Korver.

Defense feeds the offense; had we slowed them down a bit, block some passing lanes, etc, better shot selection (or transition) would have

There's something called team defense. I hear the Bulls are pretty good at it.

Those long jumpers were exactly the kind of possessions Earl would've been reduced to, and considering his jumper is the most broken of any player on the team, it would've been even more miserable.

The Bulls were quicker to get out to our shooters than any other team I've seen thus far. That, in addition to the forced possessions we had just to get shots up, is why we scored 59 points.

Just about the only thing SVG can do at this point that could be considered an adjustment change is benching Turk. He has finally reached the point of detriment.

There's something called team defense. I hear the Bulls are pretty good at it.

Those long jumpers were exactly the kind of possessions Earl would've been reduced to, and considering his jumper is the most broken of any player on the team, it would've been even more miserable.

The Bulls were quicker to get out to our shooters than any other team I've seen thus far. That, in addition to the forced possessions we had just to get shots up, is why we scored 59 points.

Just about the only thing SVG can do at this point that could be considered an adjustment change is benching Turk. He has finally reached the point of detriment.

The fact of the matter is that guys like Earl and Liggins actually contribute something positive whereas the triumvirate of terribleness that is Big Baby, Hedouche and Duhon do absolutely nothing and are the worst players in the league.

I would definitely play Liggins, but everyone else is pretty irrelevant. Playing Ish gives you more quickness at the position, but with that quickness comes terrible defense and no outside shooting ability. With Wafer, you get more athleticism, but you also get an idiot that has no idea how to play basketball. With Clark, you get some energy, but you get someone incapable of being any kind of offensive threat.

The bottom line is: this team doesn't have the talent necessary to consistently compete against teams that can clamp down defensively. We're a non-athletic basketball team with poor passing. If you don't have athletes, and you can't create offense with dribble penetration, you better have a team full of smart players who know their roles in and out. When you have all those deficiencies, you need to play smart and execute. We don't do that.

When shots aren't falling, things can get really ugly for this team. And now it has happened a few times.

I would definitely play Liggins, but everyone else is pretty irrelevant. Playing Ish gives you more quickness at the position, but with that quickness comes terrible defense and no outside shooting ability. With Wafer, you get more athleticism, but you also get an idiot that has no idea how to play basketball. With Clark, you get some energy, but you get someone incapable of being any kind of offensive threat.

The bottom line is: this team doesn't have the talent necessary to consistently compete against teams that can clamp down defensively. We're a non-athletic basketball team with poor passing. If you don't have athletes, and you can't create offense with dribble penetration, you better have a team full of smart players who know their roles in and out. When you have all those deficiencies, you need to play smart and execute. We don't do that.

When shots aren't falling, things can get really ugly for this team. And now it has happened a few times.

But...but...SVG and his rotations, man!

This is why I've got to give credit to Chicago's coaching staff, as well. No matter whom they have on the court, it seems everyone is a threat to score given their passing. It seems that for every combination of players we have on the floor, there's always one or two that's a liability on offense. I have to think this is partly on SVG. I'm glad he's able to get the most out of what we have, but there's no reason why this team shouldn't feature more cutting to the basket, with or without Dwight on the floor.

When hasnt ever been like that? When we went all the way to the finals we got there with shooters and a tree in the middle. As long as Dwight is in the middle this is the system. . As much as I like Dwight, it would have meant Magic went on to be a thorough team rather than spot up shooters, if he was traded. . Still I am quite content with the current five. . If they fall we ll win, if not, therewill always be "next season. ." And dont forget this is a weird condensed season. . old guys cant go through back to backs and all that. . I dont see us passing Chi, Atl, Mia. . Boston eh maybe. .

EDIT: +.500 record without Richardson

1) Richardson is done. He's horrible on both ends

2) Redick is a better starter. Again, somethnig we've known for a while. All he does is produce when he starts. He's not a bench player. He's like Matt Barnes.

3) Van Gundy, for all of the credit he's gotten this year, is unable to adjust gameplan/rotation. No way should Duhon still be playing over Ish. No way should Turkoglu be playing over QRICH and Liggins and Clark. No way should Richardson be playing over Redick and Liggins and Wafer.

I'm tired of watching this stale crap every single night.

We don't have trade assets because Van Gundy refuses to use our young talent. Liggins should be an every night player. Clark needs to be used. Man, if we sent a defensive rotation of Liggins, QRICH, Clark at a player opposed to JRICH, Turk, QRICH, how much better would our defense be????

It's not like the two broken down bloated contracts are bringing ANYTHING offensively either.

Last 3 games; Richardson is 10-29 shooting from the field. Turkoglu is 7-19 with 9 turnovers.

I can't be the only one fed up with this crap; can I?

PG - Nelson / Smith

SG - Redick / Wafer

SF - QRICH / Liggins

PF - Anderson / Clark

C - Howard / Davis

Everyone knows this year doesn't matter, it's all about the off-season. Let the young guys play because Turkoglu and Richardson are bringing the team down.

I'm all for that starting lineup. Turkoglu needs to come off the bench. Nelson and Redick have proved that they can run the offense smoothly. Howard and Anderson games compliment each other. And we need to add a perimeter defender that can knock down the 3s so why not add Q Rich. I also don't understand why Stan won't change up his lineup. Turkoglu and J Rich needs their minutes reduced. Duhon is shooting well but he doesn't scare defenses when he doesn't push the ball and attack the paint like Jameer does. His ball handling is terrible. I've noticed that every team is full court pressing Duhon. I'm ready for us to try Ish as backup pg.

The two easiest ways to fix from within is to "suit up" Duhon as quickly as possible and give Ish the backup PG keys, while benching J-Rich and starting Redick. Just still go with the hot hand in the 4th quarter like he;s been doing, but it sure would be smarter to post up Jason and while Dwight is NOT in the game, for one thing.

The other starters need J.J. and the bench needs J-Rich. All Stan has to do is sell Jason on a "Manu Ginobli" type thing.

We're all just crazy fans sitting on couches, while guys like Stan Van Gundy, Brenden Malone, etc. are being PAID to realize these things! Why is this stuff so difficult for them to realize??

For those of you saying that playing Ish over Duhon isn't a good idea because he's an offensive liabilty and not a good defender, have you seen Duhon's defense? He gets beat every time. He's always playing catchup and his offense only nets you a few points and that's from open 3's most of the time. So saying that Duhon should play over Ish for the reasons above is pretty much saying Ish has absolutely no defense(he just whips out the sleeping bag for some shuteye) and that he will score less than Duhon every time. He'll probably score more than Duhon alone off of lay ups and free throws than Duhon's 2 or 3 outside shot attempts. We're not asking for Ish to put up15-20 a night. We're asking for him to penetrate and create which he has done in his limited minutes. I'll never forgive Duhon for that game where he literally turned it over 2 possesion in a row while bringing the ball up court. It was just so terrible. Idk if he's the worst backup PG in the league, but I do know he's better as a 3rd string for us.