Babir_9

2012 Offseason

No It is a done deal Otis is gone, but I am saying if the Magic fire Stan to appease Dwight then I was making the point for Brian Shaw as the next coach.

Forgive me.

I'm currently at work and can't open the link you provided due to site blocks. So, based on what you were saying it sounded like you were talking about David Morway and mixed Stan's name with Otis. Whoops!

I personally think the reason there have been no news on people being fired is because they're interviewing candidates to replace them. I don't think it would be a smart PR move to fire them both (or more people) without introducing at least one replacement, most likely the GM. This franchise seemed spinning out of control during the season, they don't want it to look like totally out of control with no coach and GM.

So I think, when they've found a replacement for either of them, they'll release a statement.

The Magic always announce their replacement at the same time they announce the firing, er I mean "stepping down" of their management, just like Matt Guokas and Brian Hill, Jon Gabriel and Weisbrod, Weisbrod and Otis, BVW and Alex Martins.The only people to get fired are Brian Hill (twice), Doc Rivers, and Johnny Davis.

Good points being raised.....

It seems plausible the front office is doing it's due dilligence for once and may even be keeping Dwight out of the line of fire, once Otis and SVG's heads roll it could be best that Orlando has the perception out there that Dwight was not involved in any way, both for him and the credibility of the team. actions speak louder than words, who we bring in will tell more to D12 than anything that can be said.

Brian Shaw has to be our guy, not only was he a NBA champion, he was also part of the Magic, and learned under Phil Jackson.....he goes to Indy as an assistant and they explode.

If we can also hire a GM with credibility then I think Dwight needs to meet with that person obviously most of us want Dwight here for a long time and it's very hard to find a franchise player like him, it is important that ownership hires the right people.

With the things YBR says it's easy to see how Dwight can be offended by not having these guys talk to him alot after opting in, i am trying to be optimistic here and think maybe it's because they want to come off as making their own decisions, and not giving the appearance Dwight is calling the shots

Good points being raised.....

It seems plausible the front office is doing it's due dilligence for once and may even be keeping Dwight out of the line of fire, once Otis and SVG's heads roll it could be best that Orlando has the perception out there that Dwight was not involved in any way, both for him and the credibility of the team. actions speak louder than words, who we bring in will tell more to D12 than anything that can be said.

Brian Shaw has to be our guy, not only was he a NBA champion, he was also part of the Magic, and learned under Phil Jackson.....he goes to Indy as an assistant and they explode.

If we can also hire a GM with credibility then I think Dwight needs to meet with that person obviously most of us want Dwight here for a long time and it's very hard to find a franchise player like him, it is important that ownership hires the right people.

With the things YBR says it's easy to see how Dwight can be offended by not having these guys talk to him alot after opting in, i am trying to be optimistic here and think maybe it's because they want to come off as making their own decisions, and not giving the appearance Dwight is calling the shots

Wow! Excellent points.

• Downvote 1

Via Ric Bucher

Dwight Howard knows what you're saying about him and owns up that he's been through a learning experience: http://t.co/ndFEfaET

The most interesting quote from this is:

We talked about it a couple of times. Then we talked about how we both felt, and it was one of the best talks we ever had. We've forgiven each other. We're ready to move on."

If they truly had these convos in a one on one situation I believe Stan was as candid, blunt, honest as he usually is. As a man who can't respect somebody telling you the truth face to face? This also goes for Dwight I'm sure he laid it all on the line as well. I honestly don't see how two grown men can't move on from this in a working relationship. Maybe their relationship isn't as bad as we all assume it is.

They may not "like" each other but they just may be willing to put that aside and work together.

• Upvote 1