Babir_9

2012 Offseason

What I was shocked at is that we actually LIKE BROOK LOPEZ

I personally don't like any player who is injury prone, and to be honest, I've never really watched him play. But I guess he could be a better than average center under the right coach.

I personally don't like any player who is injury prone, and to be honest, I've never really watched him play. But I guess he could be a better than average center under the right coach.

Please define injury prone.

He only played 5 games last season due to a foot injury, but played all 82 games in each of the previous 3 seasons.

Please define injury prone.

He only played 5 games last season due to a foot injury, but played all 82 games in each of the previous 3 seasons.

Did he? My mistake. I thought I remember hearing him being injured. Maybe because he is a twin. Robin injured his knee a while back.

Did he? My mistake. I thought I remember hearing him being injured. Mabe because he is a twin.

Robin has yet to complete a full season.

If the trade with LA goes through and we get Bynum, does that mean we found our coach in Shaw? Or if we sign Shaw would we push the Laker trade?

It seems like Shaw is the coach regardless. With his familiarity with Bynum, and both of their knowledge of the triangle, it would be a good (better) start to our future (than dealing for Lopez). And, since Phil has openly stated he'd mentor Shaw in the same manner Winter (master of the triangle offense) consulted Phil through his career, I'd imagine the consulting would carry over in how to push Bynum and not allow him to settle and stay motivated.

When does JJ's option have to be picked up by? I get and agree that Orlando doesn't have to rush with Dwight because time is on their side. However, I would tend to believe a resolution will come soon only because it is hard to be active in other trade talks or FA without knowing what our team is.

I heard that would be the only way we accept it.

Here's the issue with the whole extension thing. In this new CBA you get the most money by playing out your contract and then re-signing as opposed to signing an extension now. I highly doubt any players sign extensions ever again because they leave money on table. Also from all the articles I've seen say Bynum would love Orlando.

Here's the issue with the whole extension thing. In this new CBA you get the most money by playing out your contract and then re-signing as opposed to signing an extension now. I highly doubt any players sign extensions ever again because they leave money on table. Also from all the articles I've seen say Bynum would love Orlando.

The alternative though, is that every major star that chooses to wait and extend at the end of the contract will be subjected to the kind of media circus that Howard and his fans have "enjoyed" the past year. I guess that is the price they pay for getting the extra $$$.