Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Andrew Bynum is 24 years old. Andrew Bynum is the second best center in the NBA. With Andrew Bynum re-signed, we stay a hotbead for free agents because of all the other things Orlando offers (taxes, Florida).

There is no other deal that gives us any hope to contend within the next 5 years.

Hennigan said "no thank you" to the Rockets when we could've controlled their picks so stop bringing them up.

Hennigan told the Nets to "GTFO" so throw out their awful deal.

It's the Lakers if they want it and the cap space if they don't. It's really that simple.

EDIT: This draft was super deep: WITH ROLE PLAYERS. Everyone said it. you could pick a 3/4 option at 10 and a 3/4 option at 25. But they weren't guys you build around.

The whole point of the Rockets deal is to build a team that can win a championship. A team with Bynum as it's best player can't win a championship in this league, you need to have a dominant wing player to have any chance.

With the team I outlined earlier we have a shot at Shabazz or in the future, that kid from Canada or the "next LBJ" who was on the SI cover a little back. We need to draft a superstar to have a shot at winning it all. If we accept the Lakers deal we are still strapped with bad contracts and don't have the ability to get a legit superstar.

Go to dictionary.com and look at the second definition of volatile. Some words have more than one meaning depending on the subject and context

Dictionary.com give the crappiest definitions ever and don't know what they are talking about. Merriam-Webster and Oxford dictionary is way better giving definitions than dictionary.com. Trust me, I asked my college professor that, they also said dictionary.com is full of it and giving people bad vocabulary.

The whole point of the Rockets deal is to build a team that can win a championship. A team with Bynum as it's best player can't win a championship in this league, you need to have a dominant wing player to have any chance.

With the team I outlined earlier we have a shot at Shabazz or in the future, that kid from Canada or the "next LBJ" who was on the SI cover a little back. We need to draft a superstar to have a shot at winning it all. If we accept the Lakers deal we are still strapped with bad contracts and don't have the ability to get a legit superstar.

Pretty sure that Henny has already said he would want the Lakers to take back a bad contract if we trade for Bynum.

New to the forums, but a diehard Magic Fan since 89. Can anyone explain to me why Broussard keeps coming on Sportscenter acting like a deal for Howard to the Nets is so close to occurring? Why does this guy(Broussard) seem to always have his own agenda that never pans out? Is it that he just wants everyone to think he knows whats up?

You never give in, that's for sure.

But the important thing is feeding HWNSNBU to sharks - I think we all agree on that.

New to the forums, but a diehard Magic Fan since 89. Can anyone explain to me why Broussard keeps coming on Sportscenter acting like a deal for Howard to the Nets is so close to occurring? Why does this guy(Broussard) seem to always have his own agenda that never pans out? Is it that he just wants everyone to think he knows whats up?

Because he's a douchebag. And probably because HWNSNBU/the Russian Mob/etc are paying him.

Broush---- is always hungry for the limelight. Him, Skip Bayless, and Stephen A all belong on a tree, because they are "nuts".

My whole thinking on the Rockets deal is if were going to rebuild (Which we are and there is a reason why Hennigan is our GM) then they have the best to offer, cap relief and young talent.

The biggest reason I want to get a trade done before the season starts is to assure we get a top pick in next years draft. There is no point in doing what we did last year and keep Howard so we get into the playoffs and get the 19th pick again. We would be just delaying the inevitable.

So would you rather keep Howard for a year and be an early exit in the playoffs and get a late pick or trade him to Houston for their this years picks plus others and assure yourself a good shot at a top pick.

Our own pick is what I think most people are overlooking in the whole Houston trade, it's not just for Houston's picks they got this year it's the fact that our whole team will basically be rookies which with out a doubt means a high pick.

If White or Lamb end up being good that's just a bonus. Kevin Martin is a 12.5 mil expiring contract so our cap will still be the same as if we just let Dwight walk.

Lowry+White+Lamb+Chance at high lotto pick > Kepping Howard + late first round pick + Letting him walk