Babir_9

2012 Offseason

So.. A team plays really well without arguably their best player, overachieves maybe. He returns the following year and they fall in the first round... and you want him on our team, a team that's in a rather hard spot right now?

But ok, if we can get him for cheap, like... a fire sale... Sure.

What would we have to give up for Rudy Gay?

Hedo and Redick for Rudy Gay? Memphis will save a lot of money, cause Redick if his option is picked will have an expiring contract. Hedo has one full season on his contact which is guaranteed. Grizzlies need 3 point shootes, they missed all 13 attempts in game 7 vs Clippers, considering their powerful front court they need shooters on the perimeter. J.J. will be perfect there. Magic can get someone who can create his own shot, attack the rim, young, athletic SF.

Wasn't it supposedly his idea to bring back Turk? And his idea to trade for Hibachi? At this point I don't even care how it ends anymore, I just want the Dwightmare to be over

Mark Gasol and Gay for Dwight, Jason Richardson and Duhon! :D

YaBoyR, Please tell Dwight to be patient, because the Orlando ownership is notoriously slow in making a change. And there probably isn't any change going to be made until the season is over. If management does have their sights on a new coach, they might be still in the playoffs, ie. Shaw. I can understand him wanting to be in the equation of having a hand in the decision. He is our franchise player and has earned that right. The only time this org. went after an upper echelon coach was Chuck Daly and he was at the end of his career. I am sorry to say but it is an AMWAY thing, small minded and closed minded thinking has brought this team to this dilemma.

Gotcha

One thing though, YaBoy, is that it would be a lot easier for the organization to trust him if he was able to get Josh to demand a trade here or to orchestrate something behind the scenes. The team can't make any moves without knowing what they're building around.

How would that build trust?? And there are star players that want to come play with Dwight in Orlando but the front office has to make the moves. Monta was ready to come in March, he was telling Dwight how excited he would be to play along side him, it was up to Orlando front office to close the deal. They didn't, and Ellis got shipped off to Milwaukee

Wasn't it supposedly his idea to bring back Turk? And his idea to trade for Hibachi? At this point I don't even care how it ends anymore, I just want the Dwightmare to be over

Not exactly. Dwights whole thing is the 2008-2009 team was "the perfect squad" C Lee, Turk, Battie, Lewis, all them and the organzation traded them all away, that's why were in the mess were in now. Ever since that Finals run we've gotten worse, when we shoulda just stayed the course with that roster.

Here's a good article on the Orlando Magic off-season

http://www.hoopsworld.com/where-do-the-magic-go-from-here?

nJVVQ.png

Van Gundy is one of the best coaches in the league, but his negativity has worn on many players in the locker room

v7zbfa.jpg

The main reason that Orlando hasn’t been able to draft contributors is because they don’t put much time or effort into the pre-draft process.
254zclf.jpg
Rival executives openly joke about the Magic’s approach to the pre-draft process.
2ailh54.jpg

The one thing I did like about the article was the possibility of drafting Kendal Marshall. Very good true point guard.

How would that build trust?? And there are star players that want to come play with Dwight in Orlando but the front office has to make the moves. Monta was ready to come in March, he was telling Dwight how excited he would be to play along side him, it was up to Orlando front office to close the deal. They didn't, and Ellis got shipped off to Milwaukee

who was part of the proposed trade to the warriors ybr do u know?

i myself am kinda pissed we ain't got ellis. he is a borderline all star in my eyes.

Not exactly. Dwights whole thing is the 2008-2009 team was "the perfect squad" C Lee, Turk, Battie, Lewis, all them and the organzation traded them all away, that's why were in the mess were in now. Ever since that Finals run we've gotten worse, when we shoulda just stayed the course with that roster.

Does he really think we were better in 09 than '10? Has he not seen how bad Hedo has been since that year?

I do think there's some truth to ridding ourselves of Battie hurting the lockerroom. Always seemed like a glue guy.

When the report "Monta Ellis demands trade to Orlando" or "Josh Smith demands trade to Orlando" come out, that has a bigger impact than Monta being excited if the deal goes through.