Babir_9

2012 Offseason

The ones saying they would be done as Magic fans if this trade happens should jump off the ledge.

I don't think you understand. Having watched Lopez and Humpries plenty, my interest would simply and naturally wane. I honestly think it would be the case for all of us, unless somehow you are related to either player. I'd still be a lifelong fan in my head, just pained in my heart.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree. This would be a colossal mistake, we are already stacked at PF, why take on more (Hump will have to be S&T and he will get paid). On top of that a Center that is injury prone and can’t play D. It is making me angry just thinking about it.

Lopez is injury prone? Both Howard and Lopez has had one big injury each.

I don't think you understand. Having watched Lopez and Humpries plenty, my interest would simply and naturally wane. I honestly think it would be the case for all of us, unless somehow you are related to either player. I'd still be a lifelong fan in my head, just pained in my heart.

Saying I'd be done as a Magic fan for several years means my interest in the team would wane. You are right, I do not understand.

I am also a Buc's fan, Drain-O. The ledge is my friend. ;)

Atleast they won a superbowl

Of all my fav sports teams I want to see the magic win the most, our fans have been put thru so much crap ever since Shaq left us, when we finally do things right....Grant Hills foot never recovers, he eats up our cap and we cant put anyone around Tmac....Dwight comes along, we get to the 2009 finals and were SO CLOSE to leading that series 3-1, steamroll thru the 2010 playoffs and the long layoff set us back....ever since all down hill.

Never seen anything like the dwightmare before

Lopez is injury prone? Both Howard and Lopez has had one big injury each.

Ok maybe not injury prone in the Grant Hill sense but he got injured, rehabbed, came back and got injured again on the same foot. That would concern me. The main issue here is he cannot play D and is soft as hell, paired with Anderson or Hump, we would give up 100+ a game.

Without knowing the specifics of what really is being discussed or not discussed since I am sick of hearing these sources guess at what they think is happening and knowing we have a GM whos former team built through the draft, I am keeping an open mind at this point

We get:

Lopez, who is out right hated by most member here. He is a tallent offensive center who is still young and could get better on D. Foot is a question, but Howard back is also a question.

Brooks, a young shooting guard that has promise

Hump, who hated or not, produces

Multiple picks beginning in 2013. This pick could still be high since the Nets would have no one outside of three massive contracts and and a 40 mil Wallace.

Depending on the S and T's contract length, this would not be so bad, especially if Duhon or Turk are included. We could then maybe S and T Anderson and include Reddick to get a decent PG and another pick. Maybe trade one of our young PF' for a back up PG.

• Downvote 2

In fact, several executives involved in the talks privately said there was no chance of Howard being traded to the Nets.

But the two clubs eventually rekindled talks about a potential Howard trade.

"With the Nets thought to be out of the picture Monday night, the Los Angeles Lakers, who can offer Andrew Bynum, the Hawks, who can offer Al Horford and Jeff Teague, and the Dallas Mavericks, who could sign Howard as a free agent next summer, had emerged as the likeliest destinations for Howard."

Of course, any of those scenarios could still play out as the Magic are considering all their options.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8125453/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-go-brooklyn-nets-sources-say