Babir_9

2012 Offseason

The Magic are not virgins. They've been screwed a number of times by their superstar players over the years, including their current "hottest girl".

The current hottest girl is bipolar and can be a whiny ***** at times

Honestly, the Dwight negativity didn't bother me. Dude's an indecisive kid. Hell, I've been struggling with a decision on what to do with my summer for 5 weeks and like $2,000; can't imagine what it's like dealing with 4-5 years and $100M.

If the blackmail thing is false (which at this point, I think it is); we're back where we were last year. Winning heals all wounds; from Dwight, from the ownership; from the fans.

I'm just glad that Hennigan doesn't really have a side here and will do what he wants.

Did Dwight ever deny going to the NBAPA? Assuming he wanted them to help him out of his contract, what could his reasoning possibly have been? I guess your willing to just take Dwight at his word? Regardless, I have zero sympathy for anyone making the kind of money Dwight makes, unless it's regarding the loss of a family member or some other human interest hardship...which this is not. The guy's a dousche...please stop defending his actions

I think even if Dwight backs off now because Brooklyn got Joe Johnson, Rob is going to continue looking to trade him. I don't think he wants to put up with the bull****.

Why would any fringe playoff team trade for Dwight when they know they would be renting him for half the season? And also why would they be willing to part with one of their star players for that? Not to mention if they are a fringe playoff team than there draft picks would be in the teens.

Think my man

Knicks did it last year to get Melo because they thought (owner thought) it'd give them that extra push; that playoff star. I think the Warriors are in a similar situation to that Knicks team; especially around the deadline.

You guys are crazy to think that holding on to Dwight until the trade deadline will bring in any great players... Other teams will know that we have to get rid of him or he walks for nothing. We will be the desperate ones at that point.

Walks where? He doesn't even have second team on his list. And if he does, we have $18M in cap space...oh no! Also I said trade deadline or deep into this summer. Actually now works too, since the Atl/BK trade is a done deal and Dwight just lost his leverage. :)

I don't know the salaries, but I don't think being tied up in JJ (max or near max contract), DWill (max contract), and Gerald Wallace ($10M/year) will leave them any room to add a max contract next off-season. Dwight is fuked

If Nets re-sign D-Will to max and go through with Johnson trade, they'll have approx $50.5M committed to just 3 players for '13-14.

I couldn't believe the Hawks found someone dumb enough to take Joe Johnson.

Then I remembered it was the Nets.

• Upvote 1

So, if Dwight comes out and says he wants to stay do we keep him and forget all this? I don't know if things can be repaired...

No, he has flip flopped and lied too many times. He can't be trusted. The relationship is over, please ship him out for youth, expirings and picks Rob.

Also, Atlanta is looking pretty good to make a pitch to Dwight next summer. Danny Ferry doing a good job right off the bat for them.