Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Dwight has been at odds with Jameer for a long time. Honestly, he has had barely any friends on the team for a while. Vince carter hated him because he treated everyone like crap. When he would anger vince or Jameer he would run to Otis who babied him like crazy. I think his main friend was q through most of this. Besides this he would just use his team mates and then isolate from them when he felt like it. It was always super diva behavior and it ruined the team.

I truly think post Dwight era will be a lot more fun to watch if we bring in the right guys. No more college offense, likable players to root for, and a new coach and gm who will change the culture here and insure the spoiled superstar mentality will never be accepted in Orlando again.

• Upvote 1

I disagree. He signed for one more year. Let him do his job for one more year and then we can be done with this. Sitting him would just make the situation worse.

And hell, he'll probably change his mind 6 more times.

If we're letting him walk next season, I'd rather not playing him at all and tank all season long.

Dwight has been at odds with Jameer for a long time. Honestly, he has had barely any friends on the team for a while. Vince carter hated him because he treated everyone like crap. When he would anger vince or Jameer he would run to Otis who babied him like crazy. I think his main friend was q through most of this. Besides this he would just use his team mates and then isolate from them when he felt like it. It was always super diva behavior and it ruined the team.

I truly think post Dwight era will be a lot more fun to watch if we bring in the right guys. No more college offense, likable players to root for, and a new coach and gm who will change the culture here and insure the spoiled superstar mentality will never be accepted in Orlando again.

I think that was a major attraction for wanting a SA or OKC managerial style! I agree post Dwight should be very interesting.

:creaturedance:

Based on some of the players YBR has said Dwight was close with over the years and players that I was told Stan wanted out, there seemed to be overlap. Just a coincidence?

How do you know that -- other than maybe he kept asking the Magic to trade for CP3?

I do remember seeing he and Vince get into it once in the huddle. But I thought at the time that Vince was asking a lot of Dwight with what he was yelling at him. And then there was one game near the end of this season when Hedo would not pass to Dwight at all, which was pretty funny how extreme it was.

I didn't think Van Gundy accepted a superstar mentality. He held Dwight accountable. When he didn't play well, Van Gundy didn't sugar coat it. He called him out in the postgame (and probably during the game, too). Just like he did with everyone. The only player I thought Van Gundy didn't call out when he needed it while he was here was Rashard -- and I thought that was because he was concerned that he would get even less out of Rashard. That wasn't the way to handle him. (But again, I don't think Van Gundy got fired because of Dwight).

Based on some of the players YBR has said Dwight was close with over the years and players that I was told Stan wanted out, there seemed to be overlap. Just a coincidence?

Doubtful. I feel bad for Stan Hell I feel bad for us as fans. It is an embarrassment to the city to keep having these divas here. I'm confident that has changed.

Can't stress how opposite Nicholson is compared to Dwight. I think he is going to be a very very good PF for this team too.