Babir_9

2012 Offseason

And how do you know with certainty that that's how the opt-out went down?

If you followed the news reports that came out the last two days before the trade deadline, that's the way they reported it. What reason would they have had to lie about it? They were coming from several different media outlets -- national and local. If it wasn't true, they probably wouldn't all have the same story.

After the San Antonio Spurs game (which would have been his last with Orlando), the Magic's own radio broadcast team was talking as if that likely was his last game with the Magic because he wanted out.

ESPN Radio right now is airing (past) quotes from Dwight on this entire scenario.

IF we keep Dwight with the intention of just letting him walk we better just sit him the entire year. No reason for him to cripple this franchise more by keeping us out of the lottery.

I disagree. He signed for one more year. Let him do his job for one more year and then we can be done with this. Sitting him would just make the situation worse.

And hell, he'll probably change his mind 6 more times.

Its what I've been asking him to do when rumors started floating after his surgery, and I'm still telling him to now

Ok but Rudolph has really been pushing he will. I know he's pretty close with him so thought it might be planned.

I disagree. He signed for one more year. Let him do his job for one more year and then we can be done with this. Sitting him would just make the situation worse.

And hell, he'll probably change his mind 6 more times.

I'm sure team chemistry would be amazing. Disgruntled employees always lead to productive and fulfilling results.

I'm sure team chemistry would be amazing. Disgruntled employees always lead to productive and fulfilling results.

If he started causing problems in the locker-room, would we then not be able to call "conduct detrimental to the team", and have him just stay home any time he gets whiny whinier than usual?

I still can't believe him and Meer got into it.

C'mon, Nick. You know how things can get in the locker room sometimes (joking).

Honestly, like I said earlier, who knows if it's true? It's a Hoops World report.

There was one game late in the season, however, when Dwight was being interviewed on the postgame radio show. And he was answering media questions non-commitally -- almost nonsensically. I think he even started singing at one point. And you could hear Jameer say, "Just answer their questions, Dwight, so we can get out of here." (I think they were going to fly out for another game.)

They run those interviews live. So, if you're going to ask me how I know that, that's how I know.

Jameer didn't yell at Dwight or anything. He just said it matter-of-factly.