Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Rumors are Dwight requested a couple players for Rob to try getting tomorrow before he thinks about requesting a trade. I just heard Ellis. This true YBR?

Topher Williams ‏@TopherWillNBA

Dwight requested a couple players for #Magic GM to try getting tomorrow before he thinks about requesting a trade. I just heard Ellis.

Get outta here

Literally just what Enolam said. So either Topher is Enolam or Topher steals all his ****.

I thought someone already confirmed that this Topher guy is just Chris Curran

I personally don't feel like Ellis is the answer, we need taller, athletic, defense at the guard spots. At point guard we need someone who creates shots for others and can play great d. At shooting guard we need someone who is athletic, can create his own shot, play solid d. We don't need guys that get blown by and then Dwight has to come over to cover their man. Who is Ellis going to guard when we play the Heat?

RT @AlexKennedyNBA: If the Houston Rockets aren't able to acquire Dwight Howard, sources say they'll attempt to trade for Rudy Gay or Josh Smith.

Was this posted? If so my apologies.

Of course losing a max contract would allow us to eventually sign another max deal which would give us some flexibility....I better watch it or I might have to consider Dwight for Anthony Davis and freeing up cap space. That would be too much like another proposal I floated a few years ago. Never mind.

No way New Orleans takes that. That is also nothing like Oden for Howard.

I personally don't feel like Ellis is the answer, we need taller, athletic, defense at the guard spots. At point guard we need someone who creates shots for others and can play great d. At shooting guard we need someone who is athletic, can create his own shot, play solid d. We don't need guys that get blown by and then Dwight has to come over to cover their man. Who is Ellis going to guard when we play the Heat?

Our guys were getting blown by, even when we went to the Finals. The one thing we've never had since TMac is a legitimate go to scorer (Steve Francis maybe for a little bit?). Vince once was, but not on this team. Dwight's never played with a scorer like Ellis. Whether he can defend or not, I think he'd be a great addition, and don't think he'd be that much of a liability on D anyways.

No way New Orleans takes that. That is also nothing like Oden for Howard.

You are right Davis is about a third the big man prospect as Oden coming out. Every gm in the league had him ranked ahead of one Kevin Durant. If Davis can be half of what Durant is he will be great.