Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Not to mention the bobcats only have 20 million in salaries for 2013 (not counting this draft). They can still get two max free agents if they move some guys.

So help me understand this, it is more likely that our President of Operations was telling Dwight a bold faced lie in the hope that he could trick him into signing long term and then attempt to smooth it over afterwards then it is likely that the guy who has been saying he wants to go to a big city was just trying to find an out that doesn't make him look bad? Did I get that right? Martins lied to Dwights face hoping that he would sign an extension and if that didn't work then he was going to do what? Beg for forgiveness (which according to you he hasn't even spoken with him)? I'm sure there is some ridiculous stuff that goes on with teams and players but who in their right mind would think that is a tactic that would get a positive result?

Ill recap it like this: Friday night, week before Trade Deadline, Dwight sends me a text that says I think somethings about to go down thats going to keep him in Orlando a long time. He was reluctant to tell what it was at first but said that Alex Martins may have saved Orlando. After a while he finally breaks down what Martins told him hours earlier, that Alex had a deal set to bring the Monta and Wright package here for a package of something like Redick/Anderson/Q and something else to New Orleans and Kaman to Warriors. He said all 3 teams had discussed it and would be going through with it the next couple days. I then came on here and told you guys that something big was about to go down. Come that Monday he and Monta are conversing about him playing in Orlando and waiting for the deal to be confirmed. He finds out by the end of that day that Martins never had a deal done and that it was an idea he wanted to pitch to Golden State, which infuriated him. Alex then, without any extension agreement from Dwight, tries to close that deal only to find out Golden State didnt want to move Monta unless it was for Howard himself. Orlando then removes N.O. from the proposition and involves Milwaukee to give GSW a big man but GSW grew tired of ORL efforts and told Alex to stay out because they could get Bogut without Orlando's help, I think that sums the Monta situation up, Ellis eventually gets moved to Milwaukee then does an interview saying he knew GSW wouldnt send him to "a team thats contending"

Sorry for the long reply lol

YBR,

It is Tuesday night, with only 1 more day before the draft. Rob had to either meet/talk with Howard today/tonight or has it set up to do so tomorrow. There is no way they go without meeting/talking before the draft. If they seriously don't talk before draft, I think its a sign that both parties are moving on. Have you heard anything?

Do you remember which article you read that?

For what it's worth he was on sports radio today saying he opted out just so he could sign a longer deal. Told knick fan not to worry.

Ill recap it like this: Friday night, week before Trade Deadline, Dwight sends me a text that says I think somethings about to go down thats going to keep him in Orlando a long time. He was reluctant to tell what it was at first but said that Alex Martins may have saved Orlando. After a while he finally breaks down what Martins told him hours earlier, that Alex had a deal set to bring the Monta and Wright package here for a package of something like Redick/Anderson/Q and something else to New Orleans and Kaman to Warriors. He said all 3 teams had discussed it and would be going through with it the next couple days. I then came on here and told you guys that something big was about to go down. Come that Monday he and Monta are conversing about him playing in Orlando and waiting for the deal to be confirmed. He finds out by the end of that day that Martins never had a deal done and that it was an idea he wanted to pitch to Golden State, which infuriated him. Alex then, without any extension agreement from Dwight, tries to close that deal only to find out Golden State didnt want to move Monta unless it was for Howard himself. Orlando then removes N.O. from the deal and involves Milwaukee to give GSW a big man but GSW grew tired of ORL efforts and told Alex to stay out because they could get Bogut without Orlando's help, I think that sums the Monta situation up, Ellis eventually gets moved to Milwaukee then does an interview saying he knew GSW wouldnt send him to "a team thats contending"

Sorry for the long reply lol

YBR, go back and read the articles. From what I read, the owner in GS trumped their general manager in the deal with Orlando. It was being reported that the deal was about to go down and the owner nixed it. If Dwight wants to think Alex is a liar, fine. Yet I think he's reading far too much into the situation.