Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @JaySway52: whats the best and worst nba rumor youve heard today? ---> The Magic looking to trade the #19 -- qualifies as both

Magic looking to trade the #19th pick?

I would Trade JJ or Jrich with the 19th pick for NOH 10th pick

Would love to know what that's about. Maybe we don't want to have to pay someone? Or we're trying to trade up. I hate how vague Kyler is on stuff sometimes.

David Thorpe with his take on the Magic draft and the team situation with Howard:

It seems obvious that no team has a murkier future, and therefore a more difficult time making the right choices in this draft, than the Magic. The Dwight Howard question just looms so large. Without him, the Magic are a broken team. And without Stan Van Gundy, they might be rudderless for a while even if Howard stays (which is highly unlikely).

The coach sets the agenda, and right now we don't know how Orlando intends to play next season. Without Howard, the Magic have only one definite full-time starter in Ryan Anderson, and he certainly could end up being dealt away if Orlando decides to literally restart the engine and begins to move guys away for picks and younger players.

Perfect fit: Quincy Miller

Whenever I see Chad Ford write "he would be a top-10 pick if he came back to school for another year," I think that teams would be smart to consider that player in the top 10 in the current draft. If the draft is about projection, then why should another year in school matter so much?

Some teams need to see more "proof" before they make the call, but they are also losing some potential value in the process. In any draft, Miller looks like someone who has a chance to be special. Tall, long and athletic with skills -- yep, that's what a small forward in this league needs to look like. In a few years, he'll be far stronger and he has the potential to be an excellent 3-point shooter. If Orlando is starting over but doesn't want to trade up in the draft, Miller is likely the best upside guy the Magic can draft with the least amount of risk.

Kind-Of-Fits: Arnett Moultrie, Fab Melo, Royce White, Moe Harkless

The thinking here is that Orlando will decide to look for guys who have home run potential in some capacity down the road, rather than someone who can help the team next year.

I would not be surprised if Howard is traded on draft night and Orlando ends up with a lottery pick this year. But in Moultrie and Melo, the Magic could end up with their future starting center or power forward. Given that there will be a huge hole to fill at both spots (probably) after a trade, these guys can earn the minutes they'd need to develop fully. While it is doubtful that either guy will end up as a star, getting a starter inside with the No. 19 pick is always a great value play.

White is another matter, as it's possible that he'd be ready to step into a primary role very quickly. If Orlando hopes to field a competitive team even without Howard, White is a guy who can help with that.

Strong and skilled always works, at least to some degree, and remember that with Anderson's 3-point shooting from the power forward position, the Magic can get away with a small forward who is a below-average shooter.

White's ability to pass and make plays off the dribble, as well as his rebounding prowess, work beautifully with Anderson. Ironically, he'd be a terrific complement in a season or two next to both Anderson and Howard in the Van Gundy offense of the past few years.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/_/name/nba_draft/id/8090677/nba-draft-draft-needs-golden-state-warriors-orlando-magic

Magic looking to trade the #19th pick?

I would Trade JJ or Jrich with the 19th pick for NOH 10th pick

Assuming the Wizards don't draft Beal with the 3rd pick (Cavs/Bobcats potential swap)...would any of you guys trade:

Redick/19th pick,future 1st round pick and cash to Wiz for 3rd pick/Blatche to Magic...deal?

Then we select Andre Drummond to pair up with Dwight...Twin Towers 2.0 :bigparty:

Assuming the Wizards don't draft Beal with the 3rd pick (Cavs/Bobcats potential swap)...would any of you guys trade:

Redick/19th pick,future 1st round pick and cash to Wiz for 3rd pick/Blatche to Magic...deal?

Then we select Andre Drummond to pair up with Dwight...Twin Towers 2.0 :bigparty:

No. I wouldn't take Drummond if it meant getting rid of Blatche's crazy ass. Taking him on? Wouldn't even consider it. Now, Harrison Barnes or Beal? Yes, I'd do that.

For Drummond? Hell no. For Beal?

141553044_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Someone please photoshop him into a Magic Jersey. Use 23 so I can imagine that J-Rich is no longer on this team for a few glorious moments before I remember that it's not ever gonna happen.

• Upvote 1

For Drummond? Hell no. For Beal?

141553044_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Someone please photoshop him into a Magic Jersey. Use 23 so I can imagine that J-Rich is no longer on this team for a few glorious moments before I remember that it's not ever gonna happen.

If Cavs get the #2 pick word is they will draft Beal while Bobcats will potentially select Barnes at #4...Drummond,MKG,Lillard woul be ideal for our squad!

If Cavs get the #2 pick word is they will draft Beal while Bobcats will potentially select Barnes at #4...Drummond,MKG,Lillard woul be ideal for our squad!

Drummond shot like .000454% from the free throw line last year, doesnt really like basketball, and isnt all that good. MKG is a PIECE, not a STAR and honestly, I don't see what makes him better than Matt Barnes. Lilard would be a nice piece though.

But Beal's the only guy I trade up for; MAYBE Barnes.

as a magic fan following the dwight drama for over a year now, i am ready for this to be over for better or worse. Is he in LA because he gave up on orlando or is he waiting to hear a plan from the new gm? one thing is for sure, both the magic and dwight are keeping their mouths shut about this and not letting it become another circus.

as a magic fan following the dwight drama for over a year now, i am ready for this to be over for better or worse. Is he in LA because he gave up on orlando or is he waiting to hear a plan from the new gm? one thing is for sure, both the magic and dwight are keeping their mouths shut about this and not letting it become another circus.

He's in LA because his back isn't healing all that fast and the doctors out there >>>> the doctors here.