Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Yeah Ellis can score but he's also giving up 20 on the other end. Iggy can shut down the other team's best player. Iggy with Dwight backing him up becomes lethal defensively. Jamal Crawford is opting out and I'd bet he comes here for the MLE. Crawford and Iggy is a better pull than Ellis.

How do you know Crawford would come here for the MLE,and why would we sign him when we already have Jrich/Redick in our backcourt,also if you can assume that then I counter with Ellis and Gerald Wallace opt out and we sign him for the MLE.That's a better pull then Iggy/Crawford.

Ellis/Wallace>Crawford/Iggy.

Yeah, Wallace will opt out of his deal that's nearly twice the MLE. Crawford hates Portland, its well known he wants to play here with Dwight, and we add him as our 6th man who can play both guard positions.

PG - Nelson / Crawford

SG - JRICH / Redick / Crawford

SF - Iggy / JRICH

PF - BBD / Turk / Harper

C - Dwight / Orton /BBD

Yeah, Wallace will opt out of his deal that's nearly twice the MLE. Crawford hates Portland, its well known he wants to play here with Dwight, and we add him as our 6th man who can play both guard positions.

PG - Nelson / Crawford

SG - JRICH / Redick / Crawford

SF - Iggy / JRICH

PF - BBD / Turk / Harper

C - Dwight / Orton /BBD

Dwight wants to play with Ellis,lets make Dwight happy so we can keep him a longtime.

Also how are we suppose to get Iggy just for Anderson.

So just because he shoot's 39% from the 3pt line that's makes him have a jumpshot,we just disagree,I watch Iggy a lot and I don't think he has a consistent jumper to rely on,he gets most of his buckets driving to the rim.So I guess anybody who shoot's 39% and above from the 3pt line has a jumpshot.Also a jumpshot is more than just taking 3's it's from inside the 3pt line too,just so you know what a jumpshot is.

LOL.

Just so I'm clear on this a guy who is shooting the same percentage as Ryan from 3 does not have a jump shot because 3's don't count? Thank you for teaching me what a jump shot is.

Oh and a defender/playmaker who gets to the line and to the rim and is able to hit the 3 at a good clip is not a good fit for us? Do you have any other pearls of wisdom you would like to share?

LOL.

Just so I'm clear on this a guy who is shooting the same percentage as Ryan from 3 does not have a jump shot because 3's don't count? Thank you for teaching me what a jump shot is.

Oh and a defender/playmaker who gets to the line and to the rim and is able to hit the 3 at a good clip is not a good fit for us? Do you have any other pearls of wisdom you would like to share?

Where did I say 3's don't count as a jumpshot?Now you're putting words in my mouth,why are you defending what I said he was good at,I said he was a defensive playmaker with playmaking ability.What do you not understand?I only questioned his jumpshot.Now you're saying I said he was a bad fit,I said we need a scorer,but I would welcome Iggy on this team if we could get him.

LOL.

Iggy is notorious for his broken jumper, his 3PT shooting this year is flukey considering his career average is only 33%. Also he gets to the line only three times a game and shoots a J-Rich esque 61%.

He's a good player for the other things he does but he's not a scorer.

Iggy is notorious for his broken jumper, his 3PT shooting this year is flukey considering his career average is only 33%. Also he gets to the line only three times a game and shoots a J-Rich esque 61%.

He's a good player for the other things he does but he's not a scorer.

Thank You,everybody knows Iggy has no jumper,but this Marc 3:16 guy claims that he does just because he shoots 39% from 3pt land.

Thank You,everybody knows Iggy has no jumper,but this Marc 3:16 guy claims that he does just because he shoots 39% from 3pt land.

His point is that Iggy can shoot the 3 and his last 3 years, his percentage has gone from 31 to 34 to 39 this year. So they've been increasing.

Essentially Iggy is a better defensive version of Hedo who is lethal in the open court and doesn't throw up fade away 3's to waste possessions.

Yeah Ellis can score but he's also giving up 20 on the other end. Iggy can shut down the other team's best player. Iggy with Dwight backing him up becomes lethal defensively. Jamal Crawford is opting out and I'd bet he comes here for the MLE. Crawford and Iggy is a better pull than Ellis.

I don't know about Crawford coming here. I have heard him linked to a couple of teams if he opts out, and I haven't heard Orlando mentioned.

I think we have to wait to see what happens before free agency starts. If there is a new GM and/or coach, they are going to have a lot to say about what happens, and we might actually get some indication what is going to happen by who is in those positions. What shakes out with Dwight Howard is going to be a huge factor. Also, we do still have players who have player options on their contracts. What they decide to do could affect the roster going forward, too.

Where did I say 3's don't count as a jumpshot?Now you're putting words in my mouth,why are you defending what I said he was good at,I said he was a defensive playmaker with playmaking ability.What do you not understand?I only questioned his jumpshot.Now you're saying I said he was a bad fit,I said we need a scorer,but I would welcome Iggy on this team if we could get him.

That would be here-

So just because he shoot's 39% from the 3pt line that's makes him have a jumpshot,we just disagree,I watch Iggy a lot and I don't think he has a consistent jumper to rely on,he gets most of his buckets driving to the rim.So I guess anybody who shoot's 39% and above from the 3pt line has a jumpshot.Also a jumpshot is more than just taking 3's it's from inside the 3pt line too,just so you know what a jumpshot is.

and here-

Did I put those words in your mouth?

As Dan pointed out his 3pt shooting (as in JUMP SHOT) has improved over the past few years to the point that it is a reliable shot. I'm going to let it go now because I'm not sure I will survive the laugh attack that will come from your next reply.

Magic man just stop trying. Your completely right about Iggy. He would be a good addition to this team but Iggy cant carry a team anywhere. He isn't a scorer and that is what this team needs. We haven't had a scorer like that since TMac. Yeah Monta lacks defense but he can take over games. All the top teams have great scorers. Iggy would be nothing more than a role player. Poor freethrow shooter. So yeah he attack the basket but if he gets fouled he probaly won't make his freethrows so how does that help us. Just like Dwight we would just have to take the good with the bad. But with Monta he can drop 40 on any night and might give up 20. Last time I checked 40 is more than 20. But im all for the ellis/wallace combo over Iggy crawford. At least gerald makes his freethrows defends and can hit the 3. Iggy just isn't a offensive threat and thats what we need the most to compliment Howard.

Magic man just stop trying. Your completely right about Iggy. He would be a good addition to this team but Iggy cant carry a team anywhere. He isn't a scorer and that is what this team needs. We haven't had a scorer like that since TMac. Yeah Monta lacks defense but he can take over games. All the top teams have great scorers. Iggy would be nothing more than a role player. Poor freethrow shooter. So yeah he attack the basket but if he gets fouled he probaly won't make his freethrows so how does that help us. Just like Dwight we would just have to take the good with the bad. But with Monta he can drop 40 on any night and might give up 20. Last time I checked 40 is more than 20. But im all for the ellis/wallace combo over Iggy crawford. At least gerald makes his freethrows defends and can hit the 3. Iggy just isn't a offensive threat and thats what we need the most to compliment Howard.

Sure Monta can drop 40 on any given night, but how many shots will it take? People vastly overrate guys who are high volume shooters