Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Dwight made it very clear that having a contract has no bearing on being vocal on wanting to be traded. If we sign him to an extension that doesn't fix the bridges he torched with his team-mates, the organization as a whole, and the fans. What is there to make anybody believe that if he signs a new contract that we aren't just going to repeat the same garbage again?

The one team he pushed so hard for for a trade to is basically out of the running to trade for him or sign him next year. If I was in his shoes the moment I realized that dream is over I would be begging forgiveness and vowing to extend for as long as I could... barring that happening in the next few days I see him in purple and gold within a week. The team can't hang in limbo through the summer when it needs to be focused on trades and signings that will either enhance the team with Dwight, or without Dwight. I don't think Good Job Rob has the patience to take Otis's place in the Dwightmare. I don't think keeping Dwight until the end of the season and seeing what happens is even an option.

IMO if Dwght could keep his mouth shut and make his free throws he would be the best player in the NBA. With neither of those 2 points being true it's time for Dwight to step up or step out.

I agree. Only thing is that he has already apologized (somewhat) after he signed his opt in. At this point, any apology he made would fall on deaf ears (as far as I am concerned, as a fan).

Him and Jameer would be a good rotation, just need to find a way to dump Duhon

It's called sitting on the bench in a suit where he belonged, aka 2010-11.

*sigh* I miss J-Will.. except against the Celtcs, anyway.

I'm the same way, Magic fan first lol. I think when it comes to leaving his only attraction to Brooklyn is Deron Williams, really nothing else. Other than that I think he wouldn't be in a rush to go up there. Watching LeBron get that first ring had to be painful for him, and right now Nets, with Howard, look like a team that would keep James from winning another one.

He does love the city of Orlando and Magic fans, he just wants to win championships and doesn't think this organization is trying hard enough to win one. Feels they're only worried about making money. If he's not traded to Brooklyn or LA this summer then it'll be up to Rob to convince him he can win a ring there soon.

I will say though the people around him want him gone for all the wrong reasons and are hyping him up to leave. Those are the people he mentioned back in March

The Magic have had the second-largest payroll in the league for two seasons and have been paying the luxury tax. In what you would call a market that is in the bottom half market-size-wise. The coach was one of the higher paid. That's not a great formula for making money.

I will agree that the Magic have made some poor personnel decisions in the past. I can understand that Dwight is frustrated he hasn't won a title yet. But he hasn't really faced all that much adversity. Except for his first two seasons, he's made the playoffs every year, he's been DPOY three times, made several All NBA First Teams, and been on lots of All-Star teams. Among all athletes, he is ranked in the top 30 in terms of how much money he's made (in salary and endorsements total). Everyone knows who he is. He might make more money in endorsements someplace else, but he won't be any more famous. Compare that to all the struggles Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitzki faced before they won titles.

These fans he loves so much would like a title, too. And when it comes right down to it, the only people he keeps hurting -- over and over again -- is them. Even the organization will get over it eventually. Some fans -- including a lot of little kids -- never will. He has known and understood since his first full season here that this was the one thing he couldn't do, put fans through this again. He has upset a lot of people, but in spite of everything that has happened, most of them (not all) would forgive him if he stayed. Not many guys can say that.

Whatever happens, I have enjoyed having Dwight as a member of the Magic. I'm not going to hate him if he goes, but it does seriously affect how I feel about the NBA. And it's not just him; it's Lebron and Bosh and Melo and even Brandon Jennings saying earlier this year that he might not stay in Milwaukee (2 years before he can be a free agent). He just might be the final straw for me. I hope he finds what he is looking for. I don't think he'll find it in Brooklyn; maybe he would in L.A.

1. The Nets have never had a chance at Howard. They would need a team to ESSENTIALLY give up more for Lopez/Hump than said team would give up for Dwight. Which isn't happening.
  2. Can someone please explain how in the world Royce White's game translates to the NBA? I still don't see it
  3. The Rockets don't want Gasol. As has been reported 1,000,000 times; the goal was Gasol/Nene, and then the Nuggets/Stern ruined that.
  4. Burned bridges with teammates? Jameer is the only one who is probably even here past this year aside from the rookies and all signs point to he and Dwight having fixed their beef. I could care less what Jason "I sleep with teammates wives" Richardson thinks about Dwight or what Quentin or Duhon or our other trash thinks. BBD wants him back and Jameer seems to want him back. I couldn't care less about the rest of our garbage.
  5. IF we managed to get Iguodala and Bynum for Dwight and trash; we're a better team than last year.
  6. Let me reiterate; there is a 0% chance of Dwight being traded to Brooklyn

• Upvote 2

1. The Nets have never had a chance at Howard. They would need a team to ESSENTIALLY give up more for Lopez/Hump than said team would give up for Dwight. Which isn't happening.
  2. Can someone please explain how in the world Royce White's game translates to the NBA? I still don't see it
  3. The Rockets don't want Gasol. As has been reported 1,000,000 times; the goal was Gasol/Nene, and then the Nuggets/Stern ruined that.
  4. Burned bridges with teammates? Jameer is the only one who is probably even here past this year aside from the rookies and all signs point to he and Dwight having fixed their beef. I could care less what Jason "I sleep with teammates wives" Richardson thinks about Dwight or what Quentin or Duhon or our other trash thinks. BBD wants him back and Jameer seems to want him back. I couldn't care less about the rest of our garbage.
  5. IF we managed to get Iguodala and Bynum for Dwight and trash; we're a better team than last year.
  6. Let me reiterate; there is a 0% chance of Dwight being traded to Brooklyn

Please be correct. Rudolph says the Nets are close to finding a third team.

Except Scott Skiles and Darrell Armstrong.

Not everyone liked Skiles and Armstrong. A lot of people were perfectly happy pushing Skiles out the door to start Penny. And a lot of people said the same things about Darrell as they are saying now about Jameer. That's the point. There always are SOME people who don't like the Magic's point guards and are looking for change. It's the most unappreciated position on this team and always has been. Message boards just weren't as prevalent back then.

this...

that's why he doesn't know how to pass and complains on the court all the time... doesn't know how to utilize his strong body better instead just pushing ppl around...

but this I blame to the previous coaching staff...

when a player needs to go outside of the coaching staff to fix his postmoves and freethrows... what does that tell you?

Patrick Chewing?

Well, to be fair, Olajuwon works with a lot of NBA players. Lebron and Kobe have worked with him, too. It's smart to get as much knowledge and different perspectives as possible.

Not sure if anyone posted this tidbit:

I heard John Denton on the radio this morning and he said that the Dwigt issue will not be resolved any time soon and that Dwight prefers to make it work here in Orlando. He also said Hennigan would like a coach in place by the end of July.

Everyone relax and stop refreshing the board and twitter every three seconds.

• Upvote 1

Please be correct. Rudolph says the Nets are close to finding a third team.

We don't want Lopez and we don't want Hump. If this deal goes down; two things have to happen. First, a team has to take both of them and give the Magic more assets FOR THOSE TWO than the Magic would've gotten for just Howard from another team. Secondly, it means the ownership/Martins told Hennigan to hurry up and make a deal.

I could see the latter, but not the former.

Rudolph is a New York homer. I trust my information considering it comes from someone with zero emotional ties to the situation.... except that he hates Chris Broussard.

EDIT:what "Team Fan" said that Denton said is 100% accurate and believe me guys; Hennigan doesn't want to trade Dwight. Hennigan and Dwight have respect for each other and their discussions are far more "heavy", let's say than people realize. It's not just "trade me" - "ok".