Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Was going to post a similar reply. Bynum makes us and 8th seed/ borderline loto team. In that case keep Howard and bench him for health reasons, for sure lottery team, let him walk and let the rebuilding begin.

Idk why you guys don't think Bynum is good. I get that we win a championship with just Bynum, but we would be getting a 24 year old Center who is extremely talented. I just think unless Houston really is offering all their young talent, Bynum is best we can do.

Getting Bynum would not prevent Nicholson from being a productive scorer, if that's what you are looking for.

Still don't get the love for Lowry. Never heard anyone talk about this guy until Kevin McHale last season. Only 2 years less in the league than Jameer and didn't average double-figure scoring until 2 years ago -- a career 10.1 pts, 4.8 assists per game. Whoop de dam do.

Lakers aren't blowing it up until Kobe retires, but Dwight could help Kobe, who doesn't have a lot more years left and knows it. And Kobe has a no-trade clause. I want to see Dwight tell Kobe to his face that he won't play with him.

Magic got killed on the boards last season without Dwight. Baby did a great job, but he can't do it all through an entire season.

Idk why you guys don't think Bynum is good. I get that we win a championship with just Bynum, but we would be getting a 24 year old Center who is extremely talented. I just think unless Houston really is offering all their young talent, Bynum is best we can do.

I did not say Bynum is not good. He is the 2nd best center in the league. We would be borderline 8th seed though with the current roster.

I did not say Bynum is not good. He is the 2nd best center in the league. We would be borderline 8th seed though with the current roster.

Maybe Hennigan has an idea of a side trade that would help bring in that perimeter player to go along with Bynum?

Stop comparing white and lamb to developing like the okc big 3 or even Miami. All of those players were taken in the top 6, not post-10. We have double max room of we let Dwight walk and find a way to rid ourselves of jrich. Build with stars, not guys who were picked to be role players.

The Houston offer isn't good. It sticks us in purgatory. Try to acquire help (winning heals all wounds) or let Dwight walk or get la to offer Bynum. Nothing else should be acceptable.

Please be kind enough to explain how we would have double the cap space if we let Dwight walk.

Kmart is 12.5mil expiring and you don't have to match Dwight's contract 100% to make it work. The rookie deals included in the trade will be close enough for the trade to work cap wise so you are losing the same number of cap space regardless.

I wouldn't care if it was Dragic. That guy is nasty.

I know White is not a good shooter, but shooting is something that gets developed once a rookie gets into the NBA. We have seen it a million times. I love White's ability to get to the hole, handle the rock and his talent level is very very high.

Maybe Rob views Bynum as one of a kind in this league... after all he is the 2nd best center behind Howard...

He is very unique... more so than the pieces that Houston can offer

and maybe Rob knows there are other ways to unload Dudu, QRich, JRich....

I'd have to imagine if the Magic did trade for Bynum, they would have another trade lined up for some more wing talent. You have to have some wings..we don't even have a PG right now.

This is why I hate doing a straight up trade for Bynum. It doesn't really do that much except add a top 3 C who is surrounded by zero PG/SG and SF talent.