Babir_9

2012 Offseason

I wouldn't mind a package that brings Curry here, but as a Bay Area native and kind of a Warriors fan, I'd be interested in seeing a Curry / Dwight duo in Golden State.

I'm in the same situation as you. From the bay area, root for the Warriors unleased they're playing the

Magic. I would love to get a player of Curry's caliber but i would want to see a Dwight/Curry combo.

"TOP LANDING SPOT FOR DWIGHT HOWARD"......by John Hollinger, ESPN Insider

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/howard_120702/nba-top-landing-spot-dwight-howard

Which is really interesting, especially the Brooklyn part, and kind of echoes my own thoughts. Dwight apparently wants Brooklyn really badly, but from everything I'm seeing, Brooklyn's content to build without him.

I still say, unless someone blows the doors off with an amazing package (you pervs), we just keep him on the roster and take our chances next summer. I seriously don't know why we don't do that: yes, lottery picks, etc, etc, but from the looks of it, the teams that are clearing space for Dwight aren't places Dwight would play.

We may hit next year's offseason and Dwight will see the only place that can sign him for elite $$s, and where he'd want to play, is...

Orlando.

You know, I obviously can't speak for the entire Orlando fanbase, but reading through this thread, I can say from my own perspective that if Dwight had just kept his mouth shut, didn't talk before every game last season about how he could see himself playing for our opponent, and didn't do all this "talking out of both sides of his mouth" b.s. crying about wanting out, but then turning around saying how much he loves Orlando and wants to stay, or waiving his opt out clause and then still crying about wanting to be traded, Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic could have parted ways on friendly terms, and we could say "thanks for everything, Dwight, and good luck to you in the future", and perhaps even root for him in Brooklyn when the Magic weren't involved, and be happy for any success he may have elsewhere.

But instead he just has to be a whiny runt about everything, burning bridges more and more everyday.

• Upvote 1

If Dwight doesn't want to stick around, I give two ****s about where he wants, or doesn't want, to go. Trade with Houston, get the young pieces we want from them, and then look to see what we can get from Martin and possibly Lowry by the deadline.

I'm also fine with simply letting his contract expire the following summer, but if half of all this drama is true, I just assume get his ass out of here sooner from an emotional stand point.

Keep in mind, when all this drama kicked last December, I said that he deserves the benefit of the doubt and we shouldn't blast him without knowing all the details.

Well, that was then. Now I'm telling you, where there is smoke, there is fire, and there is so much smoke billowing out around this place with all this drama that the state troopers are about to shut down I-4 by the arena. I'm sure a lot of this drama has been exaggerated, but there is just too much coming out for me to reasonably believe that none of it has any truth behind the details.

So, I like the Houston deal and giving our new GM a good start at de-Otising our roster and kicking off with a proper rebuild.

• Upvote 1

Which is really interesting, especially the Brooklyn part, and kind of echoes my own thoughts. Dwight apparently wants Brooklyn really badly, but from everything I'm seeing, Brooklyn's content to build without him.

I still say, unless someone blows the doors off with an amazing package (you pervs), we just keep him on the roster and take our chances next summer. I seriously don't know why we don't do that: yes, lottery picks, etc, etc, but from the looks of it, the teams that are clearing space for Dwight aren't places Dwight would play.

We may hit next year's offseason and Dwight will see the only place that can sign him for elite $$s, and where he'd want to play, is...

Orlando.

You need to let him go man, he doesn't want to be in a magic uni.. I dont want him on the team, he is a cancer. He isn't a winner, he wants fame and glory over titles and history. He needs to go

I say we trade him and turk to the coldest city (dwight hates the cold) we can for whatever we can get.....bags of peanuts....draft picks.....t shirts.....whatever. he doesn't want to be here, the grass isn't always greener. Does anyone else think that this whole situation the product of dwight never experiencing the real world/skipping college....just seems like the less college these nba guys have the more idiotic they act.

Thinking that Dwight would want to comeback is the equivalent of your girlfriend running off with some other guy, so you sit at home believing that she'll eventually come back to you if you wait it out.

Piss on that. Move on. Do what's best for the organization and the future.

So how many of you stalk your ex girlfriends or beg for them to stay after they repeatedly told you they want to break up and have sex with your neighbor?

haha yea for real.. someo people on here just will not let him go

So how many of you stalk your ex girlfriends or beg for them to stay after they repeatedly told you they want to break up and have sex with your neighbor?

Great analogy.....

Are Rich Bucher and Steven A. Boys or something. He keeps bringing up how we might have done something against the CBA when we got Dwight to waive his ETO. He also was just talking about how Howard, J. Johnson, and Williams could be done in Brooklyn. Broussard tried shooting it down and Bucher argued that it could happen. Whats this guys deal lately?