Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Has he stated he does want a trade still to you ? The reason i ask the yahoo reports he asked like the day after the ETO. But when he spoke to Real Gms guy he would not talk about any trade talk. Any insight would be great. And thanks for all the info.

Rob Hennigen cleared that already, YES! Howard doesn't wanna be in ORL

None of the above: Has anyone considered maybe the Magic should on the offensive and trade for some pieces that D12 would stay...

I like this idea but it is hard to make move's when there is so much up in the air. I think in the next 10 days things will be more clear. Will Dwill stay w/ nets if no i dont see him wanting to go. And if they get joe johnson they have no cap room for him...

I wish he would just fire Fagen.

Really? I said that Dwight is on the roster but doesn't play. Dwight not playing = lottery pick. Which would happen if he is on our roster or not, my main point.

This is a pointless convo but it would dumb to assume Dwight is going to sit out all year because of his injury, latest news says hes rehab is going great and will be ready for the season.

I'm glad to have a smart GM now because he won't take gambles like you're suggesting and ill leave it at that.

Exactly, if he walks we have the same team, and one pick somewhere bewteen 17-20. If we trade him we might get rid of turk and get some young players plus our now lottery pick plus a pick probably in the 20's.

But he wouldn't play many games. And he'd be a cancer amongst the team. I'd wager anything that a sooky Dwight team this year gets you into the lottery

I'm glad to have a smart GM now because he won't take gambles like you're suggesting and ill leave it at that.

Tbh I want to trade him for semi/established players. But I just think its a point to make that IMO keeping Dwight vs trading him for picks is in fact very similar and a poor return basically.

I like this idea but it is hard to make move's when there is so much up in the air. I think in the next 10 days things will be more clear. Will Dwill stay w/ nets if no i dont see him wanting to go. And if they get joe johnson they have no cap room for him...

I wish he would just fire Fagan

Just the opposite... There's plenty of time because opting in lost D12's power hence all he can do is cry to media about resigning with only 1 team... Let other things fall into place cause we still have the most power in situation

Am I the only that can see a if dwight doesnt get trade to the nets. Either by not getting moved or being moved as rental. That he will show up to that team stating that his back still is not right. And never even play for that team. Doing a season long recovery kinda like what happen with David Robinson back in 97. It will follow all the drama.

Uh-huh, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, D'Wade, Shaq, Kobe, Barkley, Bird, and Karl Malone were all douchebags by all accounts, too. Listen: I'm not a fan of them, or Dwight, because I think they're awesome people that I want to hang out with.

I'm a fan of Dwight's because he's a great basketball player that could help my favorite team win a championship. Name three centers that are playing right now that are better than Dwight, or have the effect on the game that he does. Exactly.

With a team of bench players, he's basically single-handedly got us to 50+ wins. You want to see what we're like without him, just look at what happened when he went out with his back injury.

Do I like the way he's handling this? No. But I also realize basketball is a freaking game: you have "professionals" in their early to mid-twenties playing a game for a living.

You expect these guys to be pinnacles of maturity? No. All you hope for is that they play hard for your team or at least net them good pieces if they leave.

So yes: I'll root for Dwight Howard as long as he's a member of the Magic organization.

Like I said before, that's your prerogative. You don't have to justify why to me. My opinion is already made and certainly yours is too

But he wouldn't play many games. And he'd be a cancer amongst the team. I'd wager anything that a sooky Dwight team this year gets you into the lottery

That is still only one pick and we still dont get any young players. Trading him gets us 2 picks and some young talent