Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Do you know that? And even if it's true, it must mean someone else thinks he's worth that, or he wouldn't give it up. There are PGs on rookie contracts in the league (not Derrick Rose) making nearly that. Guys Jameer has outplayed. You guys are going to miss Jameer if he leaves. But maybe the Magic can get Rafer Alston back. I'm sure that will make some of you happy.

In 3 years he wont be worth it but a rookie will be hitting his stride by then. Jameer is on his down side. I respect Jameer for what he has been to the club but no I wont miss him because I think his time has passed 2 years ago.

• Upvote 1

No this needs to work. Tourists have all that sun screen and DEET sprayed all over them it might ward off the predators. I also suggest a change of venue. Nothing beats Lake Jessup on a warm mosquito infested summer evening.

Good point on the Tourists. I am going to refrain from naming any more locations on a count of if by some freaking oddity of some kind Duhon gets wasted and drives his car into that specific body of water and drowns, I do not want any fingers pointing at me!

I doubt he passed on eight million this year to make peanuts. I'm willing to bet he wants AT LEAST four million, probably closer to six. That six million goes a long way in our cap space and flexibility going forward. Especially in the popular 2013 FA option.

No, but I don't want to play a declining 30 year old who was never that good a decent salary over a long period of time when it won't get us a title.

Hedo will have a cap hit of some sort next offseason unless we can dump on a team with cap space (very unlikely). His guaranteed salary goes down, but he is owed around six million still I believe. You could buy him out, but he'll still have a cap hit of some kind. You can't buy players out and avoid a cap hit of some sort.

If people really want to keep Dwight and sign two other good players like J-Smoove and Ellis, we'll need a ton of cap space. Miami had only one player (Mario Chalmers on a rookie contract for a 2nd rounder) when they signed the big three.

This is all assuming we're going in for 2013 FA, if we trade Dwight there is no point adding a bunch of salary because we're in rebuilding mode and rebuilding teams can't keep the payroll high.

If you want to keep Dwight after this season, you can't give him a $2 million a year point guard this season. And ain't no way the Magic can get far enough under the cap to have Dwight, Smoove and Monta at the same time unless someone takes both Baby and J.Rich off the books. With them on the books, the payroll is going to start at $44 million. Room for Smoove or Monta and if the cap goes up by then, one $5 million guy.

If Dwight is not here in 2013 and you want Hedo off the books and can't trade him, then (as of right now) you have about $24 million in salary on your books (if Q picks up the option in his contract).Dwight and J.J. would be off the books. You would have let Ryan walk in free agency. Duhon's contract is not guaranteed and Hedo's is only guaranteed for $6 million (half). Nicholson is still on his rookie deal and maybe O'Quinn if you liked him OK. You have to get to at least $49.5 million to qualify for revenue sharing.

Lee asking for 5yr $40mil?? LOL!

He's probably saying "Hedo averaged 10.9PPG, 3.8RPG and 4.4APG while I averaged 11.4PPG, 2.7RPG and 1.5AP... Yeah....I can get huge contract"

Lee asking for 5yr $40mil?? LOL!

He's probably saying "Hedo averaged 10.9PPG, 3.8RPG and 4.4APG while I averaged 11.4PPG, 2.7RPG and 1.5AP... Yeah....I can get huge contract"

He didn't say he was asking for that. Baumann said it and he said sure, which is what you would expect him to say.

No not Smith.....just read where they are wanting someone to absorb Marvin Williams contract and wasn't sure if they had used their amnesty.....and if we did somehow pull off a deal for Smith if they would take hedont and amnesty him.......but that's only a completely unrealistic pipedream

Can't amnesty a guy you trade for.

Yuck! You really want to watch that? I guess you want to hire Jerry Sloan as coach, too?

It's exciting to know that the Magic are a D-League team now.

Magic are in deep, deep, deep, deep trouble.

I don't think I was clear enough for you. I meant that there are plenty of D-leagers that can play better than Duhon not that we need a bunch on the team.

Exactly why would free agents not want to play for a hall of fame coach? His players have always been just fine with him, maybe with the exception of Deron Williams, but that was because of Williams, not Sloan. Williams was probably just sick of living in Utah if anything, but we really don't even know why Sloan resigned or what kind of problems, if any, Williams had with Sloan.

Sloan has relaxed a lot since he led coaches in technicals, and I think he could do great things here.

Hey, if the Magic's plan is to trade Dwight and let Jameer, J.J., and Ryan walk, then they probably won't be able to hire Sloan, Brian Shaw, Mike Malone, Nate McMillan, or Mike D'Antoni. They won't even be building anything for a few seasons.

If you want to keep Dwight after this season, you can't give him a $2 million a year point guard this season.

If you can get good talent, then it won't matter. It is moot though because I don't believe the Magic wait it out this season without him signing an extension.

And ain't no way the Magic can get far enough under the cap to have Dwight, Smoove and Monta at the same time unless someone takes both Baby and J.Rich off the books. With them on the books, the payroll is going to start at $44 million. Room for Smoove or Monta and if the cap goes up by then, one $5 million guy.

I don't think the scenario is very plausible, but a lot of people do. It was more making a point that we can't add salary now if you want to convince Dwight on 2013 FA (about the only way we'll seriously upgrade the roster with Dwight).

If Dwight is not here in 2013 and you want Hedo off the books and can't trade him, then (as of right now) you have about $24 million in salary on your books (if Q picks up the option in his contract).Dwight and J.J. would be off the books. You would have let Ryan walk in free agency. Duhon's contract is not guaranteed and Hedo's is only guaranteed for $6 million (half). Nicholson is still on his rookie deal and maybe O'Quinn if you liked him OK. You have to get to at least $49.5 million to qualify for revenue sharing.

Dwight won't walk in FA, either he signs an extension or is traded. Either way I believe we have to watch our spending and not just freely throw cash at role players like Otis did. We need to make sure we have flexibility going forward.