Babir_9

2012 Offseason

They built around picks 2,3,5. The Rockets trade gives us like 5,12,14 or some crap like that. See the difference?

The Sonics also bit the bullet, became a DLEAGUE team, and then rebuilt. Kind of like Cleveland did.

As already pointed out, we would be in the running for a top pick in next years draft and would also have cap room to make other moves to add marquee talent. If we let Dwight string us along, and we get burned, we'll be about two years behind based on the talent we could add by taking Houston's offer and guess what folks, there's no guarantee were winning it all anytime soon even if we manage to keep Dwight. Our franchise player is coming off surgery and already has serious flaws, even when healthy. There's other blueprints to winning championships that don't include Dwight Howard, as hard as that is for some to believe.

I disagree. I think he's a Millsap with more athletiscm. I like him a lot, but pure talent and potential is probably Beak or Jones III despite him slipping.

Beak is my fav player

OK. but telling people to stop expressing their opinions because you don't agree with them just ain't right. That's all I'm sayin' bro.

I'm not your bro, chief

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I disagree. I think he's a Millsap with more athletiscm. I like him a lot, but pure talent and potential is probably Beak or Jones III despite him slipping.

A taller, more athletic Paul Milsap is very very good considering the only things holding Paul back are his athleticism and height.

Actually Durant was #2, Westbrook #4 and Harden #3. The first year with Durant they won 20 games, the next year with Durant and Westbrook they won 23 games. I don't think getting a bunch of picks outside of #1 and #2 this year is going to turn things around at all, let alone soon. We need to get Dwight on board, and make smart moves.

There's no guarantees in the draft, even when your picking 1,2,3. See Michael Olawakandi, Kwame Brown, Darko, Thabeet, and on and on and on. Its what you do with the picks you have and the TEAM you build over time. The value of a pick in one draft compared to another is totally dependent on the quality and depth of the talent pool from year to year. Not to mention we WILL suck next year and will likely have another top pick in 2013, not to mention cap flexibility.

I guess we'll see, Beal is very intriguing so nothing against him. Thomas Robinson is going to have some serious longevity in this league though. Millsap doesn't have the skillset, mindset, or athleticsmm Robinson does imo.

There's no guarantees in the draft, even when your picking 1,2,3. See Michael Olawakandi, Kwame Brown, Darko, Thabeet, and on and on and on. Its what you do with the picks you have and the TEAM you build over time. The value of a pick in one draft compared to another us totally dependent on the quality and depth of the draft from year to year. Not mention we WILL suck next year and will likely have another top pick in 2013, not to mention cap flexibility.

Agreed, but Seattle/OHC sucked for 3 years in a row. Just not sure how that would pan out here in Orlando.

As already pointed out, we would be in the running for a top pick in next years draft and would also have cap room to make other moves to add marquee talent. If we let Dwight string us along, and we get burned, we'll be about two years behind based on the talent we could add by taking Houston's offer and guess what folks, there's no guarantee were winning it all anytime soon even if we manage to keep Dwight. Our franchise player is coming off surgery and already has serious flaws, even when healthy. There's other blueprints to winning championships that don't include Dwight Howard, as hard as that is for some to believe.

Houston's offer doesn't bring us star talent or even potential star talent. Not worth taking on role players for a top 3 player in the league.