Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Stop picking on YaBoyR. YaBoyR knew of the Ellis trade talks at least 6 hours before the report came out in media outlets AND predicted the SVG firing months ago AND knew about the Dwight signing in, changing his mind, and signing in, etc. We knew all the happenings here hours before it got out there. I want to believe he's legit or extremely lucky.

I don't think YaBoyR has ever given us any wrong info and he has indeed been way ahead of the press. I'm kinda famous myself (not quite a millionaire yet) and yet I have some friends that are just regular Joes that I talk to regularly and they know things my company is doing sometimes months before it is publicly announced.

David Baumann ‏@DavidBaumann33

#Magic G @JRich23 to me on last year: "I had a rough season. But, I'm coming back stronger and looking forward to doing big things."

Yup, and Fran will be coming over and Dwight will have improved on free throws.

From Henry Abbott's True Hoop blog on ESPN:

"Too often the draft is seen as a way for a young player to change a team. And the simple fact is that almost never happens. Other than the Thunder, really bad teams almost never become excellent through the draft.

The smart teams, though, use the draft differently. Instead of looking to change their identity through the draft, the best teams have well-established systems, and they use the draft to find players who can complete relatively simple chores."

To read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46559/good-teams-know-what-the-draft-offers

ehhh disagree on that last part lol, Denver recovered nicely. But yeah he has a right to think about himself first. Just hope he gets his ring in Orlando

i know right lol

I mean that Lebron went where he thought he had a great opp. I think Mello went to NY not just because he thought he could win.

From Henry Abbott's True Hoop blog on ESPN:

"Too often the draft is seen as a way for a young player to change a team. And the simple fact is that almost never happens. Other than the Thunder, really bad teams almost never become excellent through the draft.

The smart teams, though, use the draft differently. Instead of looking to change their identity through the draft, the best teams have well-established systems, and they use the draft to find players who can complete relatively simple chores."

To read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46559/good-teams-know-what-the-draft-offers

If we would have drafted like SA, and Otis had been more forward thinking, then we wouldn't be sitting where we are today. Unfortunately we didn't and he wasn't so unless Dwight agrees to extend, there's not many other options besides letting Dwight walk...which leaves us with no system, taking a lesser star player back...which leaves us with a system that will likey be much less effective, or starting over from absolute scratch and acquiring assets that we can only hope develop into superstars and create our own system, or eventually trading for a bonifide star of our own. Its time we all start to accept its either Dwight signs, or we are blowing it completely up and starting over. There is really no middle ground here folks, its gonna be one or the other.

Richardson and Hennigan have been playing phone-tag. "I haven't caught up with him yet, but I've been hearing great things," said Richardson. "He wants to put together a championship team."

Strap In!!!!!!!

Story Here ---> Link

When Dwight opted in, everyone got all excited, said we had this off-season, the trade deadline next year, and next off-season to clear cap space, get a second star, all was roses.

Aside from some BS thrown around by Stephen A. and Broussard (actually, Chris has been relatively quiet here) and that jackwagon who got fired from ESPiN, what has changed?

And dear god, enough Andre Drummond talks. He sucks! Dude shoots HALF of what Dwight shoots from the FT line and Dwight is awful from the line.

Stop picking on YaBoyR. YaBoyR knew of the Ellis trade talks at least 6 hours before the report came out in media outlets AND predicted the SVG firing months ago AND knew about the Dwight signing in, changing his mind, and signing in, etc. We knew all the happenings here hours before it got out there. I want to believe he's legit or extremely lucky.

I can confirm this. Was reading when he posted and then it happened several hours later.

If we would have drafted like SA, and Otis had been more forward thinking, then we wouldn't be sitting where we are today. Unfortunately we didn't and he wasn't so unless Dwight agrees to extend, there's not many other options besides letting Dwight walk...which leaves us with no system, taking a lesser star player back...which leaves us with a system that will likey be much less effective, or starting over from absolute scratch and acquiring assets that we can only hope develop into superstars and create our own system, or eventually trading for a bonifide star of our own. Its time we all start to accept its either Dwight signs, or we are blowing it completely up and starting over. There is really no middle ground here folks, its gonna be one or the other.

Agreed. There is a part of me that actually wants to be rid of the Dwight soap opera that he put us through last year, start over with some exciting draft picks, and let the new GM do his thing. There is another part of me who realizes that Dwight is the most dominating center in the game today, and if we could just put a few pieces together to go with him, we'd have ourselves a championship caliber team. Reality is that those pieces are not going to happen this year because of the mess we are in cap wise. I think it all comes down to Henny convincing Dwight (who is is only 26 years old) that if he can just hang in there a bit longer, we can give him the players that he needs around him to make it happen. If Dwight doesn't buy into it, and refuses to extend, then I say adios. I won't miss his turnovers, inability to pass, free throw clunks, , technical fouls or his attitude.