Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Guys,

Are any of you listening to Rudolph on the radio right now? I mean he is finally admitted (in his way) that Dwight does indeed want out and does want BK. He thinks Magic can maybe convince Dwight to stay if they swung a deal for a legit stud (Josh Smith/Ellis) and that would play on Dwight and his emotion and could keep him. I mean this is not going to happen with our assets. Therefore I think it's time for all of us who were holding out hope to move on and just pray that Hennigan is able to get a team like Houston to give up 2 top 10 picks for a "rental." Otherwise we could be screwed.

Dwight's best option is to stay. I'd take the chance of keeping him this year to let him buy into Henny's master plan. What this team needs is a coach Dwight can trust. Check out the media, it's gonna be Brian Shaw. Henny's a smart guy. I bet he knows there's no one out there that is the caliber of D12. If Dwight learned anything from last year, he is going to play and not complain like a baby. His image suffered for it, and he is an image guy. We'll have to wait and see what really happens, but my prediction is he stays. This year we clear cap for 2013.

Is there really anyone on this board with a hard-on for Drummond? The question that got a lot of this started was based on the premise that Dwight demands out and the rumored Houston deal went through. Nobody in their right mind actually WANTS this to happen, but if it did and we ended up with #5, #8, and kept #19...who would you draft? That's a far, far cry from let's just trade Dwight for Drummond cause he's gonna be a beast....which I don't believe either.

Jareth has a hard on for Drummond.

And 5/8 is not a good deal. Are you getting a franchise player (or even 2 players who will be starting caliber if you take Drummond)? No.

Jareth has a hard on for Drummond.

And 5/8 is not a good deal. Are you getting a franchise player (or even 2 players who will be starting caliber if you take Drummond)? No.

You hardly ever see trades where superstars/franchise players are traded for another of similar caliber. You can't expect the Magic getting similar talent or some big names. It will most likely be centered around a solid player(s), role players and draft picks and of course cap relief. The team trading away the superstar/franchise caliber player always get less than what they parted with when you look at numbers on paper and name power. How that turns out isn't always the same. Some teams tend to overperform after shipping out their star, thus staying in mediocrity, stuck in a dreadful place of too good for a draft pick and too bad to contend... and others go into full rebuild by getting rid of salary and start over with youth/draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You hardly ever see trades where superstars/franchise players are traded for another of similar caliber. You can't expect the Magic getting similar talent or some big names. It will most likely be centered around a solid player(s), role players and draft picks and of course cap relief. The team trading away the superstar/franchise caliber player always get less than what they parted with when you look at numbers on paper and name power. How that turns out isn't always the same. Some teams tend to overperform after shipping out their star, thus staying in mediocrity, stuck in a dreadful place of too good for a draft pick and too bad to contend... and others go into full rebuild by getting rid of salary and start over with youth/draft.

This^

i thought we were done with over the hill players?

Ray Allen is more productive in 20 mins that J-Rich in 35 mins. I'll take Ray Allen over J-Rich any day. Only problem is....how do we get rid of him