Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Stan has a negative type personality (glass half empty). The Magic have had the top 3 winning percentage in the past 5 years, but when you think of Stan what comes to your mind? He is a great coach but I believe that you have to have a positive attitude towards things to be truly successful. After every game he complains more than he praises. Thats just who he is.

Putting myself in the players shoes...that negative attitude he always has would grow old...not motivating...and I would tune him out. I say fire him & start fresh.

Putting myself in the players shoes...that negative attitude he always has would grow old...not motivating...and I would tune him out. I say fire him & start fresh.

It's negative enough that we've had .600+ every season except this one. And this season's roster has probably been the worst out of the past 4 years.

I don't see the infatuation with Shaw on this board. Dude was an assistant in LA for the longest, under the watch of one of the greatest coaches in the game. Then, when that coach decides to hang up the old clipboard, LA brings in a coach who's best known for running the play "give the ball to our star player then get out of the way. Don't worry about anything else". Seriously. They picked Mike freaking Brown over Shaw. That should tell us all we need to know about Shaw as a coach.

Well, I don't know how Shaw will be as a coach. But Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant were urging the Lakers to hire him as Jackson's replacement.

He didn't get the job at least partly because Jim Buss, the son of Jerry who recently has taken over management of the team, wanted to purge all signs of Phil Jackson from the organization. And that included his former assistant coaches.

Miami didn't want SVG and we got a coach to bring us to the finals. Organizations are not always right, even championship organizations.

That logic is kind of flawed. They got the championship after he was gone. They might have gotten one if he'd stayed, too, but it was a moot point.

YBR, look I don't know if you really talk to D12 or this is all a show, but if you do. This is a msg that I would love to tell him.

For D12, would it mean more to win a championshiop in a city that he loves and people that he loves, or in another city that he does not love?

This is his time to leave a legacy, like Jordan, Duncan, Jeter, Magic etc... 10-15 yrs down the line, everytime Orlando is mentioned, Dwight Howard will come up and everytime Dwight comes up Orlando will come up, not Orl and a couple other cities.

Like it is with the Lakers or Yanks, Spurts etc.. He can go to Bkl and win a ring, but will it be the same for him to win it there rather then in ORL? I think that is what he needs to think about. Be where you are happy and the place you love, cuz any other way and he will be miserable

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't see the infatuation with Shaw on this board. Dude was an assistant in LA for the longest, under the watch of one of the greatest coaches in the game. Then, when that coach decides to hang up the old clipboard, LA brings in a coach who's best known for running the play "give the ball to our star player then get out of the way. Don't worry about anything else". Seriously. They picked Mike freaking Brown over Shaw. That should tell us all we need to know about Shaw as a coach.

Or maybe it should tell us all we need to know about where the Lakers are headed as an organization...

It's negative enough that we've had .600+ every season except this one. And this season's roster has probably been the worst out of the past 4 years.

Regardless...I think we can be even better then the record you posted without the negative crap. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, what I'm saying is negativity does get old & you start to lose people with too much of it IMO.

I've said exactly this before. He was passed up by Mike friggin' Brown. What does that say about him? The Lakers(A championship franchise if there ever was one) didn't want him why should we?

Because the LA Lakers never made a mistake before, so they will never make in the future.

Same idiot argument for playing Duhon.

I really don't get people arguing like this. It is stupid

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because the LA Lakers never made a mistake before, so they will never make in the future.

because the LA Lakers are one of the best run franchises in the history of the league. They really don't make mistakes and when they do they know how to handle it. If the Lakers didn't hire Brian Shaw then clearly they saw something in him that was not fit to coach the best team in the NBA (one of).

• Downvote 1

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'm pretty sure I never said anything about the Lakers making or not making mistakes. Secondly Duhon? What does he have to do with anything? I really dont get people like you who put words in peoples mouth and bring up irrelevant points. If you'd like to discuss the topic with a better approach please feel free to try again.

Thanks