Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

NFL offseason thread

I agree with the opinion that would not be such a clever idea to draft a RB with a Top 10 pick, except the case that it would have an elite potential.

I don't know exactly the situation for the Bucs, but i think Freeman is better than most people gives him credit for. He has a nice passing stroke. He just looked unmotivated last season. The talent is definitely there.

If i would be their GM, i would go after the best talent available, since Tampa obviously has weak points on both sides of the football.

Blounts is not THAT bad. He is not Top 10, but i believe he would be better suited in a comitee situation, kind of what NYG had last season.

For the 9ers, i hope we draft a WR, which is obviously our biggest weakness, and i would like a RB too, with our first two picks. RB is not gonna happen since we already signed Jacobs, which was a big mistake. So, WR and OL should be top priorities for SF.

I agree with the opinion that would not be such a clever idea to draft a RB with a Top 10 pick, except the case that it would have an elite potential.

I don't know exactly the situation for the Bucs, but i think Freeman is better than most people gives him credit for. He has a nice passing stroke. He just looked unmotivated last season. The talent is definitely there.

If i would be their GM, i would go after the best talent available, since Tampa obviously has weak points on both sides of the football.

Blounts is not THAT bad. He is not Top 10, but i believe he would be better suited in a comitee situation, kind of what NYG had last season.

For the 9ers, i hope we draft a WR, which is obviously our biggest weakness, and i would like a RB too, with our first two picks. RB is not gonna happen since we already signed Jacobs, which was a big mistake. So, WR and OL should be top priorities for SF.

Freeman is fine, his play was just a biproduct of a horrible offensive coordinator in Greg Olsen and the fact that he tore his thumb up at a gun range...

And apparently he's dropped a decent amount of weight...

544503_10150693588372073_647197072_10014190_1855887850_n.jpg

Don't lose sight that Raheem went from DB coach, to DC, to the head coach within a matter of weeks. He was put in a very tough spot and he wasn't ready for the big job. I do think he'll be a fine coach later on, but he has quite a bit to learn until then.

Don't lose sight that Raheem went from DB coach, to DC, to the head coach within a matter of weeks. He was put in a very tough spot and he wasn't ready for the big job. I do think he'll be a fine coach later on, but he has quite a bit to learn until then.

He strucks me as a "Singletary" type of guy. Definitely a great motivator, but no X's and O's at all.

He's still young. He tried being too much of a player's coach instead of a football coach. I mean, he had a player on his team that was older than him (Ronde Barber). Like I said, Raheem has a long ways to go, but I think he's young enough to catch the learning curve and become a good coach later on.

Freeman is fine, his play was just a biproduct of a horrible offensive coordinator in Greg Olsen and the fact that he tore his thumb up at a gun range...

And apparently he's dropped a decent amount of weight...

544503_10150693588372073_647197072_10014190_1855887850_n.jpg

Holy christ he has. What is he down to now? 230-240 it looks like.

Word is, the Vikings will take Claiborne at #3 if they can't trade down and it seems the Browns will take Trent Richardson. That leaves the Bucs in an awful spot. I was on board with Kalil, but after hearing some things I'd be good with Kuechly. He wouldn't get me major pumped, but he'd be a good fit in our defense and fill a major need. I'd prefer to trade down in this scenario of course, but it really sucks because Claiborne and Richardson are obviously the two guys the Bucs have had their eyes on.

There are some people who don't think Kalil is strong enough to be a Joe Thomas/Jake Long type of LT. There are some question marks popping up if a team that has Charlie Johnson at LT is willing to pass on him, if he is really an elite player. Kalil seems to have the making of a player who is more popular with the media than NFL teams.

Word is, the Vikings will take Claiborne at #3 if they can't trade down and it seems the Browns will take Trent Richardson. That leaves the Bucs in an awful spot. I was on board with Kalil, but after hearing some things I'd be good with Kuechly. He wouldn't get me major pumped, but he'd be a good fit in our defense and fill a major need. I'd prefer to trade down in this scenario of course, but it really sucks because Claiborne and Richardson are obviously the two guys the Bucs have had their eyes on.

I think Minnesota is setting a smokescreen to try and get Tampa to trade up

Sal Paolantonio just came onto ESPN to say that the Jets called Richardson this past weekend to "make sure they had the right contact info"...