Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

NFL offseason thread

I like the Bengals' draft despite Zeitler probably being a bit of a reach. I have no clue how Devon Still fell all the way to them in the 50s. They've quietly become one of the better drafting teams in the league.

As for the Bucs, very happy. Three good players who fill three big holes right away. We won't pick again until the 5th, but we needed impact guys now so I can deal with not picking in the 4th round.

Yeah, I mostly just wanted to get another chance to insult Quincy Black.

Because screw that guy.

For the topic at hand: getting David in the third is great, great value.

Edit: It was a late 2nd. I'm an idiot.

I thought we traded our 2nd and 4rth to Den. Am I wrong on this or did we make another trade?

I thought we traded our 2nd and 4rth to Den. Am I wrong on this or did we make another trade?

We traded our 1st for Jacksonville's 1st and 4th.

Our 2nd and Jacksonville's 4th went to Denver in exchange for their 1st and their 4th.

We then traded our 3rd and Denver's 4th for Houston's 2nd.

And Jacksonville does something stupid and takes a punter in the third round because of course they do.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that one. Here's my attempt to justify it:

1) The Jags lost at least 3 games last season to truly atrocious punting. Not an exaggeration. I imagine that if they still had their 4th round pick they probably would have drafted Anger there but, since they didn't, they went ahead and took him in the 3rd. I'm still not sure why they didn't trade back.....but I'm not in the draft room and don't know all the details.

2) This second point didn't come from me but I do agree with it to a certain extent. There are a lot of guys in the 3rd round that will not be in the league in a few years. It's just a fact. Even the guys in the first round are kind of a crap shoot and it gets more difficult to determine how effective they will be the longer the draft goes. With that in mind, Anger almost certainly will be in the league for a long, long time. He's far and away the best punter in the league. And, if last year was any indication, the Jags will need him to punt quite a bit. Good defense and special teams are the only chance for the Jags to win until Gabbert improves - I hope - and the rest of the offense has time to gel.

Do I believe all the crap I just spewed? Only partially.

Junior Seau dead of an apparent self-inflicted gun shot wound to the chest.

That's awful.

Crazy stuff. I was never a fan of his when he played, but I had respect for him and it's always devastating to see a football great pass away. I'd expect this to turn into another concussion related NFLPA lawsuit.

What's bad is John Anderson on ESPN just said how the video of his mother is "hard to watch", yet ESPN is going to air it at least once every hour for the next day or so

He's currently my favourite rapper

13-1284185127-bg-talib-kweli.jpg

Talib Kweli one of the best rappers in the game. Love his music and his style of rap.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1