Beast From The East

GameThread Thunder @ Magic 3/1/12

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Magic
    • Thunder

Westbrook kept them in the game. Zone would've eliminated his penetration. No other thunder was in the flow could've really increased the lead. Smh. We fought back. But were out coached Brooks stayed with durant at pf SVG played right into it .can't have your second leading scorer on the bench. Have to find a way to get him in.

For the most part, Durant shut Ryan down in the second half. They put Durant at the 4 to do just that.

Westbrook kept them in the game. Zone would've eliminated his penetration. No other thunder was in the flow could've really increased the lead. Smh. We fought back. But were out coached Brooks stayed with durant at pf SVG played right into it .can't have your second leading scorer on the bench. Have to find a way to get him in.

Why is it every time in the 4th quarter Jameer gets timid and stops penetrating which he has to do to get other people shots! It is just sad to see they have 3 guys in Durant, Westbrook, and Harden that could break us down off the dribble at any time and we have one good player Dwight, that is it! Otis has done a terrible job surrounding Dwight with talent, he does not know how to draft talent and he only goes after old washed up free agents. Still wondering how this guy still has a job, on the bright side his days are numbered IMO!

I think that's the best the Magic can play. That won't be enough in the playoffs if you have players embarrassing you on defense with one legged three pointers.:beatcomp:

• Upvote 1

I think that's the best the Magic can play. That won't be enough in the playoffs if you have players embarrassing you on defense with one legged three pointers.:beatcomp:

That's hardly our fault. No one can stop that shot.

For the most part, Durant shut Ryan down in the second half. They put Durant at the 4 to do just that.

That has always been the problem, we have no one to penetrate or create their own shot so the defense knows just to guard the 3 point line. When we were down by 5 we could have went for the layup because there was stil plenty of time but no we had to go for 3 and waste the time on the clock and that esentially ended the game. That and the fact that our guys are not fast enough to blow by their players!

That has always been the problem, we have no one to penetrate or create their own shot so the defense knows just to guard the 3 point line. When we were down by 5 we could have went for the layup because there was stil plenty of time but no we had to go for 3 and waste the time on the clock and that esentially ended the game. That and the fact that our guys are not fast enough to blow by their players!

But if dwight had a polished low post game could go to him. That running hook shot is not a high percentage. He's quicker then any center needs to utilize his quickness.

Is there really any realistic trades we can make at this point that would make us a contender? Unfortunately I do not think so. If you trade for Nash, Ellis, or Rondo, (Assuming the other team would do it which may be far fetched) they will probably ask for Ryan, JJ, and Nelson depleting all the quality role players and then Dwight might leave anyway. If you trade for Nash you have to get Robin Lopez back in return and you have to find someone to take Turk (maybe for Jackson) because that will not work unless you bring him off the bench. I think if you could steal Rondo from Boston that would be the trade to make because he is young, tall, athletic, and great on D and you would have lockdown D at two key positions on the floor, but would Dwight be patient enough to build back around that? Personally, I would not trade for Ellis, we are already undersized at the guards and has everyone ever played D in Golden State? I think Otis has dug us an enormous hole to climb out of, we will find out in the next two weeks if it possible.