Sign in to follow this  
Avante

Vote of Confidence: Stan Van Gundy

Stan Van Gundy  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Stan Van Gundy

• Fire this man. Terrible coach that can't adjust and cost us the '09 finals.
    • I'm OK with this guy. Not a bad coach, not an elite coach. Middle of the pack.
    • I'm good with Stan. Brings out a lot in his players; there are no good coaches out there to sign.
    • Fire Otis first

you keep talking about this boston approach...makes me convinced you haven't been following them very much the past few years. they have consistently started a lot better, i'm talking historically relevant records through 25 games, than they have finished the season and the reason they've cooled down is that their core guys either end up injured not playing or banged up struggling. doc hasn't made it a habit to sit anybody who could play, especially this early on. while i agree with you, the example you're bringing up isn't a solid one and, to be honest, for svg to go ahead and sit turk for a few games, as beneficial as that may sound, may not work out that well because there may not be enough precedent for sitting a wing in his early 30s to make me convinced that turk would accept it.

1st- I mentioned sitting players once. Maybe twice, in response to someone else.

2nd- If you have a player who isn't 100%, you let him rest. Yes Doc has done that.

3rd- Turk doesnt sign the active roster sheet. He can cry all he wants from the bench.

I don't know why your arguing the boston approach when J-Rich just proved what a few days off can do to an aging players' career. If Turk has been dealing with nagging problems, you choose your games and sit him.

While I sometimes go on a frustrating rant about how he decides not to play some of our players, I have to admit that Stan Van Gundy is an upper echelon NBA coach. Our starters are 2nd class or you could argue that some of our players are third string on other squads. In spite of all the turmoil, the team still prevails and continues to improve.

I am starting to like SVG much better. He can only work with the talent that he has available to him. Smith has failed to give him the players he needs to obtain a championship. I would to see what he can do, if Smith is fired and a good GM is hired and signs a better mixture of players with different talents.

While I sometimes go on a frustrating rant about how he decides not to play some of our players, I have to admit that Stan Van Gundy is an upper echelon NBA coach. Our starters are 2nd class or you could argue that some of our players are third string on other squads. In spite of all the turmoil, the team still prevails and continues to improve.

This, Stan can be frustrating with his rotations because he won't give younger guys a chance over veteran guys who aren't producing (Q and Duhon). But alll in all, he's been a great coach and it is pretty sad that we fans are clamoring for guys like Von Wafer and Ishmael Smith to play. It shows how bad of a job Otis has done building this roster. There is no depth on this team, JJ is the only guy off the bench who plays like a legitimate NBA player. As for the starters....Dwight is Dwight, Ryan has had a career year, Hedo and J-Rich have been up and down but are too old to be consistent NBA performers and Jameer is having the worst year of his career. When I look at the roster Otis has built, I have a hard time being upset at Dwight for wanting out. The fact that we have the 3rd best record in the East with this team goes to show how valuable of a player he is and it sucks we are looking at losing him because of an incompetent front office.