GameNight Specifics

NBA Coverage: Game Info

Date: Monday, February 13

Time: 7 p.m.

Radio: FM 96.5 and AM 580 WDBO, AM 1270 WRLZ

Television: FS Florida, NBA TV

wolvesb.png

PREGAME INFO

Last Season’s Results: The Magic had great success against the Timberwolves, winning each of the two meetings.

Nov. 3, 2010: The Magic set a franchise record with 78 first-half points and seven Orlando players scored in double figures in a crushing of the Wolves.

Jan. 15, 2011: Jason Richardson and J.J. Redick each recorded 21 points as the Magic cruised to their sixth straight victory over Minnesota.

Key Matchup: Ryan Anderson vs. Kevin Love

These two elite power forwards are very familiar with each other dating back to their college days when Anderson played at Cal and Love at UCLA.

Anderson has enjoyed tremendous success against his rival and last season was no different as he poured in 19 and 15 points in the two wins against the Wolves.

Anderson has already battled against many of the other premier power forwards, including Blake Griffin, Chris Bosh, Amar’e Stoudemire and Kevin Garnett, and Monday it will be another big test against the second leading rebounder in the NBA behind Dwight Howard.

Instant Analysis: After their impressive comeback win over the Bucks on Saturday, the Magic will have another opportunity to climb in the standings against a generally inferior opponent at home.

While Minnesota is significantly improved from years past with Love loading up the box score and rookie sensation Ricky Rubio controlling the tempo, Orlando should be able to flex it muscles against a team with very little experience.

However, the Wolves are the only team in the NBA with a winning record on the road (6-5) and a losing record at home (7-10).

Other Notables: The Magic and Timberwolves both entered the NBA as expansion teams in 1989-90.

Interesting News-League executive claims the Suns are "as close as they've ever been" to trading Steve Nash

"I have no idea what the club will eventually do if a bunch of offers are thrown in their face," Nash said, "but I feel like I'm not nervous about [the trade deadline] and I'm not thinking about -- what's the word? -- I'm not anticipating anything to happen. I feel like I made a commitment and I feel like I owe it to my teammates -- the city, the fans, the club -- to play it out and to play as hard as I can."

Gentry is right that the hope remains among rival teams. One executive whose team has had serious interest in Nash in the past told SI.com that the Suns are "as close as they've ever been" to realizing that they need to seriously consider pulling the trigger on a trade if a young star is offered in return. Still, it appears the greater likelihood is that he remains.

• Upvote 1

ORL - 104

MIN - 87

Hopefully we can get the 3 ball rolling early in this one and have a regular winning game..... these nail biters recently are killing me slowly.