Sign in to follow this  
mick

Otis go after Kenyon Martin

That's because he didn't.

Also: going for people like Kenyon Martin is what got us in this mess in the first place.

Going for him didnt make all the mess. Locking him up for 10 million per year for 5 years and having to trade away talent to acquire him made the mess. That being said I hope devos doesnt mind adding martin for a max deal for 6 years. i see Otis getting the pen ready.

Going for him didnt make all the mess. Locking him up for 10 million per year for 5 years and having to trade away talent to acquire him made the mess. That being said I hope devos doesnt mind adding martin for a max deal for 6 years. i see Otis getting the pen ready.

I have no idea what you're talking about, and it's obvious you didn't understand the point I was making.

I am pretty sure in his rookie year he did play centre for New Jersey but was found to be more effective at power forward. I am not saying to sign him on a outrageous deal like 10mil per year but if its reasonable otis should snap him up. The lakers, miami were going after him and they had much less cap space than us. I am pretty confident he will go for less than 5mil per year.

I still beleive that we can keep Dwight if we play very well this year and to do that we need to improve this team. For a few years now we have been too good to get anybody from the draft and our only options to get decent players was to either trade or free agency. At the moment we have few tradeable peices to get decent players and the few we have we need to improve other positions. In martin we would have got a solid power forward and would not have to had trade anything to get him which is even more crucial to us. The little pieces we have are needed to improve the point guard position and that would most likely include trading ryno and that is why we should've signed martin.

This topic is now pointless cause i heard that the clippers signed him for 2.5 mil per year. I could be wrong cause it was difficult to understand the exact amount but if its true that would have been an excellent deal for us.

I am pretty sure in his rookie year he did play centre for New Jersey but was found to be more effective at power forward. I am not saying to sign him on a outrageous deal like 10mil per year but if its reasonable otis should snap him up. The lakers, miami were going after him and they had much less cap space than us. I am pretty confident he will go for less than 5mil per year.

I still beleive that we can keep Dwight if we play very well this year and to do that we need to improve this team. For a few years now we have been too good to get anybody from the draft and our only options to get decent players was to either trade or free agency. At the moment we have few tradeable peices to get decent players and the few we have we need to improve other positions. In martin we would have got a solid power forward and would not have to had trade anything to get him which is even more crucial to us. The little pieces we have are needed to improve the point guard position and that would most likely include trading ryno and that is why we should've signed martin.

This topic is now pointless cause i heard that the clippers signed him for 2.5 mil per year. I could be wrong cause it was difficult to understand the exact amount but if its true that would have been an excellent deal for us.

He didn't play center for NJ, but even if he did for stretches, that would not make him a center...it would just make him a PF playing out of position. Kinda like when Glen Davis plays back-up center for us

I didnt say he is a centre i said that he has played at centre before. On the times that big baby plays centre wouldnt you rather have martin playing that position. Either way i already conceded that clark was the best option coming off the bench. Martin is bettter allround, much cheaper and more consistent than big baby.

I didnt say he is a centre i said that he has played at centre before. On the times that big baby plays centre wouldnt you rather have martin playing that position. Either way i already conceded that clark was the best option coming off the bench. Martin is bettter allround, much cheaper and more consistent than big baby.

I guess my point is he should never play center and even if he did at one time, which he didn't, it doesn't mean he should now. I'd rather have a true backup center than Baby or Martiin, but I like Earl better than either.