Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

PER Stats

I personally don't want to re-sign Ryan to a significant contract unless you he's locked in with Howard or Bynum. Otherwise, I don't see him as a key building block.

I agree, maybe we work a sign and trade to get some picks or young talent back for him though. No reason to just let him walk

I agree, maybe we work a sign and trade to get some picks or young talent back for him though. No reason to just let him walk

Ryno is a great role player, not a superstar, but an important piece to a team as a 3rd option. I would keep him for a salery under 10 million a year. Anything more then that, you have to let him walk.

Ryno is a great role player, not a superstar, but an important piece to a team as a 3rd option. I would keep him for a salery under 10 million a year. Anything more then that, you have to let him walk.

I'd say more like $7mm.

We are way too used to Otis overpaying guys.

But the reality is that Ryno and JJ are the only tradeable assetts we have. Maybe Jrich, but not really.

Ryno may net us a really good player with his #s and expiring contract.

Don't underestimate Ryno. Kid is the real deal. He can put the ball on the floor, he can spot up, and yes, he has a tremendous post game as well. Problem is, he's not going to get any post plays called for him in this offense playing next to Dwight.

Question:

If you put Kevin love in a Magic jersey beside Dwight Howard, how many 20-20 games does he have, how many post plays are called for him?

Quick comparison -

Ryno per 48min averages 27pts/11reb on 56%EFG

Love per 48min averages 30pts/18reb on 51%EFG

Difference makers -

Ryno 12.8FGA per game, Dwight gobbles up 15.1rpg

Love 18.0FGA per game, nobody on the Wolves averages more than 6rpg

Now I'm not taking anything away from Love. He is the most well rounded, productive, efficient PF in the league. But lets not act like Ryno shouldn't share the same court with him. Matter of fact, back when Ryno (Cal) was matched up with Love (UCLA) in college, Ryno was more productive, despite Ryno being a freshman and Love being an upper classman.

• Upvote 1

I saw what you said, and he is not at all like Kevin Love.

To compare the 2 is laughable.

Yes, ryno did have 1 20 rebound game. Awesome.

I'd rather have Kevin Love OR his Jr. version.

No disrespect to Ryno but D12 is helping him out big time.

To add to this...it wasn't a serious comparison. You read too much into posts.

Ryan Anderson is Kevin Love? Wow ...lol.

No.

Kevin Love has an inside game, is a better rebounder and is currently considered the top PF in the NBA.

Ryan Anderson has a very minimal inside game and scores most of his point beyond the arc. He is not a banger, does not ever grab 20 plus boards like Love and is an average defender at best.

Ryan Anderson is playing very well, but he is getting a ton of open looks due to Dwight.

He's getting tons of looks due to double teams. If we trade Dwight, it'll prob be for someone else who would demand the same pressure. I dont see his looks dropping off too much.

Ryan Anderson is Kevin Love? Wow ...lol.

No.

Kevin Love has an inside game, is a better rebounder and is currently considered the top PF in the NBA.

Ryan Anderson has a very minimal inside game and scores most of his point beyond the arc. He is not a banger, does not ever grab 20 plus boards like Love and is an average defender at best.

Ryan Anderson is playing very well, but he is getting a ton of open looks due to Dwight.

I can't compare Ryno with anyone in the league now, but alltime? I'd say hes closer to an Horry type player than anyone else. He's average to better than average in every category and his stroke is automatic. But considered better than Dirk or Aldridge? Dude must be getting it done this year.

• Upvote 1

My man, Smack. What's the word? How do you see this season playing out?

Wish I could say. As you know, I always have an opinion on everything. This season though is an enigma. I don't know whether to cheer for Dwight or boo him out of town. I don't know if Jameer or a blind 3 legged dog is better at the PG position. I don't know which team is going to show up to play, the team from last week (BOS games) or the team from last night (IND game where we overcame horrible officiating and a rugby team subbing in for the Pacers).

Overall, my crystal ball is a little fuzzy. Personally, I'm sick and tired of all franchise players thinking they are entitled to championship rings just because they're the cornerstone. It takes a multitude of situations to all come together perfectly to equal a championship. I think I read somewhere that only 1/280th of all NBA players ever win a championship. So why do the egos of all the big name players allow themselves to think that the odds are skewed significantly in their favor despite the facts pointing in the opposite direction?

Wish I could say. As you know, I always have an opinion on everything. This season though is an enigma. I don't know whether to cheer for Dwight or boo him out of town. I don't know if Jameer or a blind 3 legged dog is better at the PG position. I don't know which team is going to show up to play, the team from last week (BOS games) or the team from last night (IND game where we overcame horrible officiating and a rugby team subbing in for the Pacers).

Overall, my crystal ball is a little fuzzy. Personally, I'm sick and tired of all franchise players thinking they are entitled to championship rings just because they're the cornerstone. It takes a multitude of situations to all come together perfectly to equal a championship. I think I read somewhere that only 1/280th of all NBA players ever win a championship. So why do the egos of all the big name players allow themselves to think that the odds are skewed significantly in their favor despite the facts pointing in the opposite direction?

I agree about the Magic and Dwight.

Over the last year and a half, I find it painful at times to watch the Magic. Against proven, aggressive teams, we are often embarrassed. This must be so frustrating for Dwight, too. I wish we had one pseudo-star next to him, and some might argue Ryan is evolving into that player I'm not sure yet. I used to think it was Jameer but he has regressed ... and consistently gotten hurt ... that I have no confidence left in the lil' fella. I want an assassin!

Over the next month, I hope we have one piece, be it Dwight staying, a great young prosepct (or two) that we acquire in a Dwight trade, or a really high pick we acquire from a Dwight trade, that I can be excited about looking into the future.

It's hard to put a finger on Anderson b/c he does fall within the Dwight shield. As it stands from his production though, I think Aldridge and a current Dirk are very good comparisons...Ryno has a superior Off. rebounding % compared to both, but LA has a better def. rebounding %. I personally believe Ryno would be a better rebounder w/out Dwight-but that his scoring may go down unless he becomes more consistent with him work on the block.