Sign in to follow this  
AGgriffdog11

Stan Van Gundy's Rotations

WTF????? Not playing Redick until the 2nd and 4th quarters. And he had, what, 17 minutes? Isn't he supposed to be our 6th man? He was the only one playing with heart and passion tonight. Also Anderson got not one minute in the 2nd and Stan is playing Quentin Richardson way too much (the dude just flat out sucks right now). And playing Richardson with a gimpy knee for the last 7 minutes of the game instead of Redick, who is definitely this teams best decision maker not named Turk. I blame not only the lack of heart this team has but the awful rotations of SVG. Just bad coaching.

• Upvote 5

WTF????? Not playing Redick until the 2nd and 4th quarters. And he had, what, 17 minutes? Isn't he supposed to be our 6th man? He was the only one playing with heart and passion tonight. Also Anderson got not one minute in the 2nd and Stan is playing Quentin Richardson way too much (the dude just flat out sucks right now). And playing Richardson with a gimpy knee for the last 7 minutes of the game instead of Redick, who is definitely this teams best decision maker not named Turk. I blame not only the lack of heart this team has but the awful rotations of SVG. Just bad coaching.

Well first we were blowing them out in the 2nd qtr.... so you have no point there.

And in the 4th QTR and all game for that matter Daniels was matched up against JJ, who has JJ's number at this point. He completely shut JJ down and frustrated him leading to a tech.

As for Anderson not playing in the second... well we were blowing them out....

As for Richardson with his gimpy knee, he had a better showing against Daniels the same guy wh has shut JJ down the past two meetings.

How about the players? When do they get called out?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I didnt really see any single player dominating another. What i did see and have seen is that the team is missing a true point guard. But I do agree that Stan's 4th quarter team last night is not the team that should be out there, case in point, 8 points. J Rich missed everything twice and Big Baby needs to quit shooting everyone time he touches the ball. I t always looks as If J Rich just loses steam after the first quarter. Jameer has to be replaced. Jameer's 5 or 10 minutes a game of good playing will not win us a championship.

I usually try to remain positive. Just...being a Magic fan kind of requires it because I swear this team is cursed.

But after last night? Okay, the Celtics are a veteran team who's won it all and has a mindset of not giving up and knowing that they can come back. The fact that even their bench, and DEEP into their bench, believe that probably has a lot to do not only with the coaching, but with the fact that it's THE BOSTON CELTICS.

There's a history with that team. A history that goes back to the beginning of the NBA; one one that covers the most dominating series of championships by any professional team (not just basketball), ever. That carries a weight with it - when a player puts on that green jersey, they know it represents not just them and one season, but a complete pantheon of greatness that stretches back over five decades.

The Magic....don't have that. Part of it's coaching, part of it's a roster that's made up of underachieving role-players and one legitimate star, a big part of it is: what's the history of this team? What's the Magic known for?

Losing Shaq. Making it to the finals and getting swept out by the Rockets. Making it to the finals and being dominated by the Lakers. Year after grueling year of being a crap team in a small market with occasional flashes of putting something together (or getting lucky with the draft) for a year or two before those players push off for greener pastures.

I'm not sure how you change that mindset. Last night, it felt like the Magic lost because they felt they SHOULD lose, and the the Celtics won because they NEVER doubted they could come back.

I don't know how to fix that mindset. Changing coaches, unless you landed someone huge like Phil Jackson, wouldn't change that. Changing GM's, unless you put some genius in there who can build teams out of seemingly broken pieces from other teams, wouldn't change that. Changing ownership, as much as I'd love to see the Magic out of RDV's hands, wouldn't change that.

Maybe changing players, but that just takes us back to a time where we suck for an extended amount of time and become a destination where no one wants to play. I'm just frustrated with this whole team, right now.

I usually try to remain positive. Just...being a Magic fan kind of requires it because I swear this team is cursed.

But after last night? Okay, the Celtics are a veteran team who's won it all and has a mindset of not giving up and knowing that they can come back. The fact that even their bench, and DEEP into their bench, believe that probably has a lot to do not only with the coaching, but with the fact that it's THE BOSTON CELTICS.

There's a history with that team. A history that goes back to the beginning of the NBA; one one that covers the most dominating series of championships by any professional team (not just basketball), ever. That carries a weight with it - when a player puts on that green jersey, they know it represents not just them and one season, but a complete pantheon of greatness that stretches back over five decades.

The Magic....don't have that. Part of it's coaching, part of it's a roster that's made up of underachieving role-players and one legitimate star, a big part of it is: what's the history of this team? What's the Magic known for?

Losing Shaq. Making it to the finals and getting swept out by the Rockets. Making it to the finals and being dominated by the Lakers. Year after grueling year of being a crap team in a small market with occasional flashes of putting something together (or getting lucky with the draft) for a year or two before those players push off for greener pastures.

I'm not sure how you change that mindset. Last night, it felt like the Magic lost because they felt they SHOULD lose, and the the Celtics won because they NEVER doubted they could come back.

I don't know how to fix that mindset. Changing coaches, unless you landed someone huge like Phil Jackson, wouldn't change that. Changing GM's, unless you put some genius in there who can build teams out of seemingly broken pieces from other teams, wouldn't change that. Changing ownership, as much as I'd love to see the Magic out of RDV's hands, wouldn't change that.

Maybe changing players, but that just takes us back to a time where we suck for an extended amount of time and become a destination where no one wants to play. I'm just frustrated with this whole team, right now.

Great point. I hear your frustration. I've been with this team since 1992 as a young teen, and I too believe we are cursed. I thought Dwight would be the person to change that around, but he is giving up on his own team. It will take players with heart (like JJ, Darrell Armstrong or Nelson in the past) to turn this team around. Jameer had the heart but no longer the talent. The heart and hustle team was one of the best teams I've seen, I hate the fact they blew that up to get us the stars the year after. BUT it will take a history of overcoming adversity.

Stan is a big piece. He's a great coach. With our current roster, JJ and Ryno are pieces, I believe. Then we move on from there. Let's get a great team together with a foundation on HEART AND HUSTLE. Right now, based on Dwight's comments solely, he SHOULD NOT play for this team. Go the hell to Boston if you love the team that beat you, you childish man-child. We only want people who want to play for Orlando.

Great point. I hear your frustration. I've been with this team since 1992 as a young teen, and I too believe we are cursed. I thought Dwight would be the person to change that around, but he is giving up on his own team. It will take players with heart (like JJ, Darrell Armstrong or Nelson in the past) to turn this team around. Jameer had the heart but no longer the talent. The heart and hustle team was one of the best teams I've seen, I hate the fact they blew that up to get us the stars the year after. BUT it will take a history of overcoming adversity.

Stan is a big piece. He's a great coach. With our current roster, JJ and Ryno are pieces, I believe. Then we move on from there. Let's get a great team together with a foundation on HEART AND HUSTLE. Right now, based on Dwight's comments solely, he SHOULD NOT play for this team. Go the hell to Boston if you love the team that beat you, you childish man-child. We only want people who want to play for Orlando.

I honestly don't blame Dwight: he's right - the whole team quit last night. They saw the Celtics coming back and, rather than stomp on them and then blow them out by 30-40, they seized up and choked.

I honestly don't blame Dwight: he's right - the whole team quit last night. They saw the Celtics coming back and, rather than stomp on them and then blow them out by 30-40, they seized up and choked.

True, but he kinda quit on them too. His comments before the game was almost like self fulfilled prophecy. He quit on them BEFORE the game even started! He was basically praising the Celtics, the same team that has given us so much frustration and problems over the years. Part of me also thinks it's poor offensive execution. This team is still one true starting caliber PG away from better days. Hedo is on and off with running the offense, but he is at least decent at getting others involved. We have no one else who can create shots for others or create their own shots. The team is fundamentally flawed with their strengths and weaknesses, as somebody had stated before. We are also lacking a backup big or a big to pair up with Dwight in the starting lineup. Amare type player, for instance, would kill if paired up with Dwight, and it would work if Dwight was satified with being a defensive stopper first and foremost instead of focussing so much on scoring.

I dunno. This team is lacking heart, and it shows. Dwight's uncertainty is affecting everyone for sure. If Dwight requests the trade, I don't want to quit on this season. Bring people who want to play here. Period. Karma's a b1tch. Look at Carmelo in NY and look at Denver's record. Look at Lebron losing to faithful Dirk in the Finals last year. Shaq won trophies for the Lakers, but, if I remember correctly, the O-Sentinel did run him out of town with all that weird propaganda. Karma's a b1tch then but the joke was on Orlando. We low-balled Shaq by offering him $50 million. He got a $130 million offer with the Lakers.

Orlando is right this time. Dwight is doing everything wrong. He will get bitten. Ship him to Minnesota or Toronto. See how happy he feels then so when he signs with Dallas or LA he can't get max money and will team up with old farts.

Well first we were blowing them out in the 2nd qtr.... so you have no point there.

And in the 4th QTR and all game for that matter Daniels was matched up against JJ, who has JJ's number at this point. He completely shut JJ down and frustrated him leading to a tech.

As for Anderson not playing in the second... well we were blowing them out....

As for Richardson with his gimpy knee, he had a better showing against Daniels the same guy wh has shut JJ down the past two meetings.

How about the players? When do they get called out?

JJ GOT THE TECH ON A BLOWN CALL AGAINST PETRIUS IN THE SECOND QUARTER. HE ALSO GOT SCREWED BY THE OFFICIAL SCORER WHEN HIS LOB PASS TO HOWARD, ALSO KNOWN AS ....THE ASSIST OF THE GAME.......WAS COUNTED AS A MISSED SHOT AND REB. AND STUFF FOR DH12.

JJ GOT THE TECH ON A BLOWN CALL AGAINST PETRIUS IN THE SECOND QUARTER. HE ALSO GOT SCREWED BY THE OFFICIAL SCORER WHEN HIS LOB PASS TO HOWARD, ALSO KNOWN AS ....THE ASSIST OF THE GAME.......WAS COUNTED AS A MISSED SHOT AND REB. AND STUFF FOR DH12.

Are you really that bothered by 1 assist?

True, but he kinda quit on them too. His comments before the game was almost like self fulfilled prophecy. He quit on them BEFORE the game even started! He was basically praising the Celtics, the same team that has given us so much frustration and problems over the years. Part of me also thinks it's poor offensive execution. This team is still one true starting caliber PG away from better days. Hedo is on and off with running the offense, but he is at least decent at getting others involved. We have no one else who can create shots for others or create their own shots. The team is fundamentally flawed with their strengths and weaknesses, as somebody had stated before. We are also lacking a backup big or a big to pair up with Dwight in the starting lineup. Amare type player, for instance, would kill if paired up with Dwight, and it would work if Dwight was satified with being a defensive stopper first and foremost instead of focussing so much on scoring.

I dunno. This team is lacking heart, and it shows. Dwight's uncertainty is affecting everyone for sure. If Dwight requests the trade, I don't want to quit on this season. Bring people who want to play here. Period. Karma's a b1tch. Look at Carmelo in NY and look at Denver's record. Look at Lebron losing to faithful Dirk in the Finals last year. Shaq won trophies for the Lakers, but, if I remember correctly, the O-Sentinel did run him out of town with all that weird propaganda. Karma's a b1tch then but the joke was on Orlando. We low-balled Shaq by offering him $50 million. He got a $130 million offer with the Lakers.

Orlando is right this time. Dwight is doing everything wrong. He will get bitten. Ship him to Minnesota or Toronto. See how happy he feels then so when he signs with Dallas or LA he can't get max money and will team up with old farts.

DH12, NELSON, JRICH......FOR LOVE...ROUBIO......this would be a GREAT DEAL......

Dwight's comments were bull**** considering I doubt he meant himself when he made them. Everyone but him. Cause he didn't have what was probably the worst +/- of his career or anything.