Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Time to Fire Otis Smith???

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Magic owners fire Otis Smith?

• Yes, it is time
    • No, it is not time

Otis hasn't handled the D12 the best either. His "30 million haircut" quote was unnecessary and not needed.

I think we've been patient. If Otis has a deal thats well thought out and good, you don't wait just to wait. Make it and lets move on from this mess.

You just can't move on yet. There is still a lot work to do. I don't think will be a smart move to do it now unless Dwight is traded first.

If Dwight is traded, then he as good as gone.

Ohhh I agree with you.. Is just that is not the right time for him to go.

Again, He is as good as gone by the end of the season, unless somehow he manage to pull a heck of a trade and improve our roster enough to convince D12 to stay.

Either way is a win win situation for us MAGIC FANS.

I disagree. Putting all your eggs in one basket is a good way to have some drop and break and that one just very well might be Dwight. You bring in a gm who can show Dwight what hes capable of BEFORE the off season and you just might turn things around. Imo, Dwight has no faith in Otis's abilities as an gm.

I don't like Dwight's attitude and his leadership abilities but you don't just let him go until you exhaust every opportunity to win WITH him. If you can't do that, and Otis is failing at that as we speak and over the last few years, then someone else might be able to.

You just can't move on yet. There is still a lot work to do. I don't think will be a smart move to do it now unless Dwight is traded first.

If Dwight is traded, then he as good as gone.

As a fan, if Dwight is traded, THEN Otis is fired, I'll still be ticked. Otis...Has...Failed. Its just that simple. Yeah, without a doubt I don't want to rebuild with Otis as my Gm but its painfully obvious that Otis can't fix the situation either. Thats why I say, its time.

I disagree. Putting all your eggs in one basket is a good way to have some drop and break and that one just very well might be Dwight. You bring in a gm who can show Dwight what hes capable of BEFORE the off season and you just might turn things around. Imo, Dwight has no faith in Otis's abilities as an gm.

I don't like Dwight's attitude and his leadership abilities but you don't just let him go until you exhaust every opportunity to win WITH him. If you can't do that, and Otis is failing at that as we speak and over the last few years, then someone else might be able to.

Dwight alreade made his mind. He loves the city but he wants just to move on to a bigger market.

Otis is just not allowing him to bully the organization with his trade request and would not allow him to detemine where to go.

THere is sooo much going on inside ther organization that we truly don't know.

Firing Otis right now will not change anything other that likely going backwards on the probable trades that are already on the table.

OTIS is not making any major decisions at the moment. He is only the messenger. I don't think the organization will do anything yet on that matter as long as D12 is playing for us.

I rather make adjustment in our roster that just firing OTIS or Stan.

and I dislike otis as much as you do.

As a fan, if Dwight is traded, THEN Otis is fired, I'll still be ticked. Otis...Has...Failed. Its just that simple. Yeah, without a doubt I don't want to rebuild with Otis as my Gm but its painfully obvious that Otis can't fix the situation either. Thats why I say, its time.

I will be "ticked" either way. He has been horrible. OTIS is not going to be here next year. We just need to wait a few more weeks. Lets see what happen.

Dwight alreade made his mind. He loves the city but he wants just to move on to a bigger market.

Otis is just not allowing him to bully the organization with his trade request and would not allow him to detemine where to go.

THere is sooo much going on inside ther organization that we truly don't know.

Firing Otis right now will not change anything other that likely going backwards on the probable trades that are already on the table.

OTIS is not making any major decisions at the moment. He is only the messenger. I don't think the organization will do anything yet on that matter as long as D12 is playing for us.

I rather make adjustment in our roster that just firing OTIS or Stan.

and I dislike otis as much as you do.

I do not know Dwight personally so for me to say what he wants is not wise.

If you know something we don't say it but don't expect me or anyone to believe you. You may have a point or a perception that gives us something to think about but like Dwight, I don't know you either. You talk like you know that there are deals on the table. I have no source. I'm just as fan so my opinion is going to be based on that.

BTW, I don't dislike Otis. Hes just failed at what he was suppose to do and thats put together a championship team. Its that simple.

I do not know Dwight personally so for me to say what he wants is not wise.

If you know something we don't say it but don't expect me or anyone to believe you. You may have a point or a perception that gives us something to think about but like Dwight, I don't know you either. You talk like you know that there are deals on the table. I have no source. I'm just as fan so my opinion is going to be based on that.

BTW, I don't dislike Otis. Hes just failed at what he was suppose to do and thats put together a championship team. Its that simple.

I meant I dislike OTIS role in the team. He is truly a very nice guy.

What I know is that Anderson is very likeable and there are a lot of teams showing interest and one of them is Phoenix.

Trust me OTIS is on the phone. I just don't understands why we did not extended his contract unless he was asking too much.

I don't have any source. I just hear things from people close to the organization. I work in the medical field and they get injured..

I meant I dislike OTIS role in the team. He is truly a very nice guy.

What I know is that Anderson is very likeable and there are a lot of teams showing interest and one of them is Phoenix.

Trust me OTIS is on the phone. I just don't understands why we did not extended his contract unless he was asking too much.

I don't have any source. I just hear things from people close to the organization. I work in the medical field and they get injured..

MD1, just curious, are you an actual doctor? Second, what trades are you hearing are on the table?

MD1, just curious, are you an actual doctor? Second, what trades are you hearing are on the table?

yes and I have not heard of any trade on the table. Again, I only hear rumors. The one that I heard lately is that Anderson is wanted and that the Suns and magic are working on a trade that involve Nash. I really have no inside info.

Even the players dont know.

Oquote name='magicdoc1' timestamp='1327790738' post='658181']

yes and I have not heard of any trade on the table. Again, I only hear rumors. The one that I heard lately is that Anderson is wanted and that the Suns and magic are working on a trade that involve Nash. I really have no inside info.

Even the players dont know.

I think that this is the only hope for Otis to keep his job. He knows that once he trades Dwight, then the world will know that Dwight left because he didn't want to play for Otis anymore, and Otis admits it by making the trade. Then, unless we get out of the first round in the playoffs, Otis will definitely get fired. If Nash can actually make this team gel, it's the only chance that Otis has to keep Dwight here. On the other hand, if Dwight still decides to leave at the end of the season, then we gave up a young affordable darn good offensive ball player for a guy who is crowding the heck out of 40 years old, and Otis still gets fired. He needs to get in touch with a moving company, I'd say.

I mentioned way back about the rumor i heard about New York and Orlando discussing a trade involving dwight.

Again, that was a rumor from someone close but no names were mentioned. However, MY ASSUMPTION was that both amare and Tyson where involved and either hedo or Duhon and Qrich was included.

I dont know if that was true or not, but hearing it lately again makes me think that they are still in talks.

The latest thing was the nash discussion and interest in Ryan. Again, you all have seen it lately reported so it is nothing new.

Other than that, I know nothing

Someone also mentioned that Chicago was interested in Ryno. I don't know what might be of interest there unless they want to get rid of Carlos. Apparently boozer and Noah are not getting along well.

If they send boozer and Cj watson for Hedo, Orton and Anderson would you consider that? Boozer was another player that Dwight wanted here.