Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Time to Fire Otis Smith???

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Magic owners fire Otis Smith?

• Yes, it is time
    • No, it is not time

If there was ever a time for the Lakers to swoop in and pick up Dwight for Bynum cheap tonight is that night. I bet Otis has the panic button pushed in just like last year. I wouldnt be surprised to see dwight moved by Monday after this disaster. Message to Otis this team isnt marinating anymore it is rotting, decaying and putrifying!Go cook somewhere else.

Im with you on this one.... I have no clue what is available in terms of GMs...

Can anyone throw out some good GM names?

Troy Weaver, who is Sam Presti's assistant, is meant to be the next hot shot candidate.

Bump. What's really sad is just how bad Jameer has regressed. He's lost his burst, he can't hit a shot on a consistent basis, and he's tripping and falling like 3 times a game. To me, it's just a matter of time before he gets hurt again. As a fan, I have completely lost faith in him. While it looks like Jameer is a great person, at this point, he's nowhere near a championship quality point guard.

The reason I post this in the "Fire Otis Smith" thread is because Otis made a decision to go all in with Jameer a long time ago and it has failed. More than any other decision Otis has or has not made, this particular decision is the dagger. Anyone who has been around the Magic knows that Otis has trusted no player more than Jameer, to the point where he practically refused to even discuss trading him (except for Paul ... lol). I can't see him even being our starting point guard until the end of the year, let alone bringing us a championship. However, what options do we have??? Ugghhhhh.... I'd love to be proven wrong, but this situation is on Otis. Go Magic

I HAD to log in just to vote yes, it's time to fire Otis because 95.45% was just...WAY too low, honestly.

Eventhough I wan OTIS FIRE ASAP as you do, we really need to wait until the offseason. It is not fair to bring another GM and have him deal with D12 saga.(UNLESS IS CHARLES BARKLEY).

I am sure he already have several trades in hand. He is just basically waiting until the deadline. J-rich might be the reason. I know he has been in touch with the suns GM who he has a very good relationship regarding NASH. trust me somethin is going to happen but not yet.

This is the main reason why he is still the GM but not taking any major decisions. He has been fired already, he just does not it yet.

He has a couple options already on the table for Dwight.

LEts just wait.. mmmm... patiently.

The thing with Otis, its not even "what have you done for me lately". Its what hes done since the Final's appearence. Every year you've made some out there kind of move and the ending result is a worse outting then the previous year. And a lot of the moves have been moves HES even questioned.

Its just time. Otis had his shot and at first, did a decent job and has made some good choices but imo, hes lost vision and can't find a way to get that 2nd player that Dwight needs. Landing CP3 last year would've changed all that but it didn't happen. Heck, if he would've pulled the trigger on the Mayo/ZBo trade things would probably be a little better but he didn't (if that was even legit).

We need a new face with a vision and the savvy to get deals done. Sometimes, being savvy does help getting deals done and Otis imo, started off with it but it doesn't seem to be his strength anymore.

The thing with Otis, its not even "what have you done for me lately". Its what hes done since the Final's appearence. Every year you've made some out there kind of move and the ending result is a worse outting then the previous year. And a lot of the moves have been moves HES even questioned.

Its just time. Otis had his shot and at first, did a decent job and has made some good choices but imo, hes lost vision and can't find a way to get that 2nd player that Dwight needs. Landing CP3 last year would've changed all that but it didn't happen. Heck, if he would've pulled the trigger on the Mayo/ZBo trade things would probably be a little better but he didn't (if that was even legit).

We need a new face with a vision and the savvy to get deals done. Sometimes, being savvy does help getting deals done and Otis imo, started off with it but it doesn't seem to be his strength anymore.

Ohhh I agree with you.. Is just that is not the right time for him to go.

Again, He is as good as gone by the end of the season, unless somehow he manage to pull a heck of a trade and improve our roster enough to convince D12 to stay.

Either way is a win win situation for us MAGIC FANS.

Eventhough I wan OTIS FIRE ASAP as you do, we really need to wait until the offseason. It is not fair to bring another GM and have him deal with D12 saga.(UNLESS IS CHARLES BARKLEY).

I am sure he already have several trades in hand. He is just basically waiting until the deadline. J-rich might be the reason. I know he has been in touch with the suns GM who he has a very good relationship regarding NASH. trust me somethin is going to happen but not yet.

This is the main reason why he is still the GM but not taking any major decisions. He has been fired already, he just does not it yet.

He has a couple options already on the table for Dwight.

LEts just wait.. mmmm... patiently.

Otis hasn't handled the D12 the best either. His "30 million haircut" quote was unnecessary and not needed.

I think we've been patient. If Otis has a deal thats well thought out and good, you don't wait just to wait. Make it and lets move on from this mess.