Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

I'd take back Gilbert Arenas over Chris Duhon OR Jameer Nelson

At the risk of giving this thread title any credence, are we even allowed to sign Arenas this season?

Why are you saying Arenas is better than Nelson and will win us a championship??? Where are the facts to back that statement up??????

I was going to say "I'd take back Chris Curran over Arielle" but remembered Chris Curran is never gone, he's an account and a spergy breakout away from making yet another gloriously original post.

• Upvote 2

Regardless of last night's outcome or Jameer's recent play, this team is gelling pretty well to start the season (provided everyone stays healthy). And I don't want Gilbert Arenas anywhere near this year's Magic team. If that's not clear enough how about - No, hello no, f**k no, niet, nein, 没有, não, yok, لا, לא, geen, hindi, pas, nie.

• Upvote 1

Are you seriously shocked that our barely 6 foot Meer didn't beat a 6'6" guy on a jump ball? Should we get mad if he can't beat Howard on a tip-off?

By the way, that 5 to 1 assist/TO ratio was actually pretty good, and for the guy opposite him to have the same ratio, he'd had to have had 25 assists. Which, according to some of the logic around here, means he's probably about the worst PG in the league. And while I know it doesn't mean much, Meer's +/- was actually higher than Parker's.

And for those others who point to Parker's game as a way to measure how bad Nelson "sucks", does anyone know how many of Parker's points were scored while Meer was watching the game from the bench? Cause I'm seeing Parker as having played almost 44 minutes, to Meer's 38.

No. I said I was mad how he fell on the floor like he did. He practically gave them the ball to grab.

I'm not even making this up. The one game, J-Will was courtside watching the game with his kids and the commentators stated that he now plays in a YMCA league with Gilbert Arenas. I'm not even joking.

Gilbert probably sits on the bench most of the time there too.

• Upvote 1

No, hello no, f**k no, niet, nein, 没有, não, yok, لا, לא, geen, hindi, pas, nie.

I'm going to bookmark this for all those 'no' references :D

Breakout game for Jameer after I posted this thread. I take credit for pushing him to the limit. Jameer gets his motivation from criticism. You can ALL thank me now!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Breakout game for Jameer after I posted this thread. I take credit for pushing him to the limit. Jameer gets his motivation from criticism. You can ALL thank me now!!!!

You're more of an idiot than I give you credit for...

You're more of an idiot than I give you credit for...

You can thank me later when Jameer is back to his All Star form! Yeah!!!! I'm king Arielle!

Regardless of last night's outcome or Jameer's recent play, this team is gelling pretty well to start the season (provided everyone stays healthy). And I don't want Gilbert Arenas anywhere near this year's Magic team. If that's not clear enough how about - No, hello no, f**k no, niet, nein, 没有, não, yok, لا, לא, geen, hindi, pas, nie.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In light of tonight's historic game vs. the Celtics:

5 reasons Jameer is NOT at fault for the Magic's offensive woes:

1) His inability to create shots for others ENSURES that the live by 3 and die by 3 philosophy persists.

2) Not pushing the ball (like Rafer used to do) helps us become more predictable so that plays are easier to learn for rookies and new players. Less stress for Magic players that way.

3) The slipping and not being able to get the ball pass the half court line -- that's a ploy to tire out the other team's point guards. It won't work in the Finals.

4) Good for a game and bad for the next 2 games style of play is part of the Magic's "confuse the NBA" ploy so that we'll always be the underdogs. Better odds in Las Vegas for Rich Devos who tends to bet the Magic will win after Jameer's already had 2 bad games behind him.

5) Not getting the ball to the best center or passing it to him when he is 50 yards from the basket instead of when he's underneath it -- it's the Magic's way of keeping Dwight's value down so he doesn't avg 30 PPG.

Really, wouldn't it be great to see how this team would do with a true court general?

• Upvote 1