Soul Bro

The Trade Target Thread

never understood this love affair with oj mayo. he was hyped coming out of college, i didn't see it. he is always a trade target in threads, i don't see it. at this point, redick is clearly > mayo

For me, I see a guy who hasn't come close to his potential but is still young enough where the right situation could bring it out. Memphis is clearly not that place.

I 100% agree that Redick is better at the moment and I wouldn't trade Redick for Mayo. However, Redick is what he is, that's not going to change much. I think Mayo has a higher ceiling, however he is running out of time to show that.

I think Otis should go all in around the deadline (or sooner) and try to get a seasoned go-to guy. First off, we are very close to a championship team, yet we are missing that one wing. Second, if Dwight did leave, he'd look like a greedy fool, which I'm sure is not what he wants. Go Magic!

I really hesitate to give up a lot for Nash because I think everyone underestimates the Phoenix training staff. Even Shaq played well for them and looked in decent shape, and as soon as he went to Cleveland he became relatively useless. Grant Hill .... Grant Hill ... has played 82, 81, and 80 games for the Suns in the last 3 seasons.

People need to realize that Jameer is 30. He is not due for a decline yet. On top of that, he is a young 30 in the sense that he played 4 years in college and doesn't have the additional mileage on him that the NBA schedule creates. Nelson's play will pick up. As will Davis'. Dwight will not shoot 45% FTs for the year and no, Ryan Anderson will not shoot this well over the course of the entire season. We need to make smart moves, not moves that reek of desperation and have long term negative consequences to the franchise regardless of Dwight's decision. Contrary to what seems to be the prevailing opinion of the board, we will have NBA basketball in Orlando next season, and the season after that. Nobody wants to watch us pay Nash at 39 years old to make Daniel Orton look like he actually belongs in the NBA just in time for us to give him an overpaid long-term extension right before Nash retires.

As for Pierce, he belongs in the same category as Nash.

We are 11-4 and looking like we can give Miami a run for the #1 seed. I'm going to utter 2 sentences that make me hate myself. 1) If Turk played, we probably beat San Antonio. 2) I like this team. Barring any Pau Gasol - type steals, I think our best shot at winning this year (and keeping Dwight) involve staying put.

Blowing up the chemistry for an aging (retiring?) veteran is counterproductive. For a Deron Williams/Andre Iguodala type, yes its worth while, but obviously unrealistic.

• Upvote 2

I really hesitate to give up a lot for Nash because I think everyone underestimates the Phoenix training staff. Even Shaq played well for them and looked in decent shape, and as soon as he went to Cleveland he became relatively useless. Grant Hill .... Grant Hill ... has played 82, 81, and 80 games for the Suns in the last 3 seasons.

People need to realize that Jameer is 30. He is not due for a decline yet. On top of that, he is a young 30 in the sense that he played 4 years in college and doesn't have the additional mileage on him that the NBA schedule creates. Nelson's play will pick up. As will Davis'. Dwight will not shoot 45% FTs for the year and no, Ryan Anderson will not shoot this well over the course of the entire season. We need to make smart moves, not moves that reek of desperation and have long term negative consequences to the franchise regardless of Dwight's decision. Contrary to what seems to be the prevailing opinion of the board, we will have NBA basketball in Orlando next season, and the season after that. Nobody wants to watch us pay Nash at 39 years old to make Daniel Orton look like he actually belongs in the NBA just in time for us to give him an overpaid long-term extension right before Nash retires.

We are 11-4 and looking like we can give Miami a run for the #1 seed. I'm going to utter 2 sentences that make me hate myself. 1) If Turk played, we probably beat San Antonio. 2) I like this team. Barring any Pau Gasol - type steals, I think our best shot at winning this year (and keeping Dwight) involve staying put.

Blowing up the chemistry for an aging (retiring?) veteran is counterproductive. For a Deron Williams/Andre Iguodala type, yes its worth while, but obviously unrealistic.

I think Anderson WILL continue to shoot the ball very well.

I think Anderson WILL continue to shoot the ball very well.

...if he shot like he has the past 15 games in an 82 game season, he'd break dennis scott's record for most threes in a season by 1. you think he'll continue having the most proliferate three point shooting season in nba history? really?

...if he shot like he has the past 15 games in an 82 game season, he'd break dennis scott's record for most threes in a season by 1. you think he'll continue having the most proliferate three point shooting season in nba history? really?

Hitting a slump is inevitable, it's just a matter of how long it takes for Ryan to shoot himself out of it

Hitting a slump is inevitable, it's just a matter of how long it takes for Ryan to shoot himself out of it

more than that, he's on pace to have the best three point shooting season ever. i don't think anderson as a 23 year old is going to keep up this pace for even a shortened season. hopefully he keeps hitting 40%+ of almost 8 attempts a game but no fan should expect that kind of efficiency on that kind of volume for long stretches of time, the fact he's kept it up for 15 games is incredible enough.

49*82/15=267.87ish, the record is 267. that's pretty neat

While I like Ryan, I think he's a one trick pony (shooter) that fits our system well. That's okay, but let's not have short memories. Against great power forwards he can really struggle defensively and creating his own shot.

nobody said he'd make history. i just said he will continue to shoot the ball well

too much negative people on here. anything can happen.

its not inevitable. but i hear you. its can he make the shots when it counts is all that matters.

Man get out of here with all that common sense your spewing. You know this is no place for that. What's wrong with you?