Sign in to follow this  
cetintas22

"Forgotten Man" from Kevin Pelton

When you say he's the "number 1 player in the league" at something, people take it as the #1 player in the league, not number #41st in the league and #1 amongst Small Forwards.

But that would require acknowledging that Nelson is in the top ten when looking at players who play over 20 minutes per game, and 12 overall (with Duhon at number 4) when looking at everyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When you say he's the "number 1 player in the league" at something, people take it as the #1 player in the league, not number #41st in the league and #1 amongst 6'10" Small Forwards from Turkey.

I agree.

When you say he's the "number 1 player in the league" at something, people take it as the #1 player in the league, not number #41st in the league and #1 amongst Small Forwards.

Yeah, as I said I should have been a little more specific but since I had already mentioned Small Forwards twice I assumed most would understand.

Anyway, since you mentioned he was 41st in the entire NBA in assist ratio I wanted to take a look at it and I noticed that almost every player ranked ahead of Hedo was a guard.

Not bad for a 6'10 small forward with PG-like skills.

Or as SVG would say....``To me an under-the-radar story is how great he’s played this year,’’ Van Gundy said of Turkoglu. ``You look at his shooting percentages are high, he has a lot of assists, he’s been very efficient and he’s made a lot of big plays. (Wednesday) night, was no different because those five points in a row against a great defender (Gerald Wallace), those were huge plays.’’

Let's just all hope he keeps his energy up as SVG mentioned earlier...."With him the determining factor is where his energy level is,’’ Van Gundy added. ``It was very good (in Portland). When he’s playing with a lot of energy, he’s a very, very skilled guy. He had about four assists in a 5-minute period there that really got us going. He’s been terrific.’’

GO MAGIC !!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No, only you know about basketball and you are the GOD of basketball. Shall I be your prophet mylord?

I missed this post earlier, and I'm mystified by it. It's seemingly in reference to absolutely nothing. Not to mention that it'd be hard to be a god of basketball, given that I'm a 6'1" white guy with bad knees.

And it's made worse by the fact that you never answered my question. You made a statement, or at least a strong implication, that I should find Kobe's game to be poor because of efficiency, even though the example you provided was an example of very good efficiency. So I asked if you understood what efficiency is. You've responded with a rather childish deflection, so I'm forced to assume that you don't.

I'm god of basketball.

Yeah, as I said I should have been a little more specific but since I had already mentioned Small Forwards twice I assumed most would understand.

Anyway, since you mentioned he was 41st in the entire NBA in assist ratio I wanted to take a look at it and I noticed that almost every player ranked ahead of Hedo was a guard.

Not bad for a 6'10 small forward with PG-like skills.

It's still not much of a stat. Nelson has not been playing well at all lately and he's #12 in that list. Chris Duhon, a player I don't think anyone likes, is #3. What does that say about that stat, exactly?

I'm god of basketball.

It's still not much of a stat. Nelson has not been playing well at all lately and he's #12 in that list. Chris Duhon, a player I don't think anyone likes, is #3. What does that say about that stat, exactly?

A junkie justification stat. Equal to a grain of salt.

I missed this post earlier, and I'm mystified by it. It's seemingly in reference to absolutely nothing. Not to mention that it'd be hard to be a god of basketball, given that I'm a 6'1" white guy with bad knees.

And it's made worse by the fact that you never answered my question. You made a statement, or at least a strong implication, that I should find Kobe's game to be poor because of efficiency, even though the example you provided was an example of very good efficiency. So I asked if you understood what efficiency is. You've responded with a rather childish deflection, so I'm forced to assume that you don't.

It is not about asking a question or answering a question.

It is your general beaviour in this forum. You like to play GOD.

And I'd really like to be a prophet. I am serious.

Like you do.

It is not about asking a question or answering a question.

It is your general beaviour in this forum. You like to play GOD.

And I'd really like to be a prophet. I am serious.

Like you do.

This is practically the definition of flaming another user.

This is practically the definition of flaming another user.

If someone is flaming another user then we must check who accused another user of behaving "childish" because of what he has written.

And I have been just reading all peoples' comments on this forum since 1 year. I am very serious about what I have written, you are allways

arguing and allways trying to act like professor or the most hardworking student of the class. Come on!We all watch basketball and we all love this game. We all have brains and we all know about statistics. We all know about efficiency and we all know how to evaluate them.

I do not mean that you do not know anything, I accept you really have a good basketball knowledge but the problem is many people on this forum has good basketball knowledge. There is no need to turn everything into a race.

If I have offended you I am sorry, I did not mean that.

I am now stopping this arguement, there is no need to argue.

We are both Magic fans.

And I will continue reading your comments.

Turkolgu came alive at just the right time to save the Magic yet again. Looking more and more like the player who helped to carry the Magic to the NBA Finals in 2009, Turkoglu had two 3-pointers and an assist in the fourth quarter as Orlando pulled away.

``He’s been great in the fourth quarter. The guys were just giving him a hard time in the locker room telling him, `Hey, next time that you don’t want to play the first half just let us know,’’’ Van Gundy said. ``He’s always struggled in the early games, but it’s a mental thing for him. But down the stretch he was very good, as he has been all year.’’

GO MAGIC !!!!!