GameNight Specifics

NBA Coverage: Game Info

Date: Thursday, January 12

Time: 10:30 p.m.

Radio: AM 580 WDBO, AM 1270 WRLZ

Television: TNT

warriorsq.png

PREGAME INFO

Last Season’s Results: Orlando split its season series with Golden State.

Jan. 3: : Hedo Turkoglu notched a triple double -- 10 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists -- as the Orlando Magic surged past the Golden State Warriors, 110-90.

March 11: The Magic stuffed the stat sheet as Jason Richardson fired off 30 points, Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu each added 24 and Dwight Howard grabbed 21 rebounds, but it was not enough as Golden State edged Orlando in overtime.

Key Matchup: Ryan Anderson vs. David Lee

Although Ryan Anderson has shot the ball tremendously to start the season, Magic Head Coach Stan Van Gundy has challenged the 23-year-old power forward to play defense and rebound the ball with more consistency. He'll put to test against Warriors big man David Lee, who's averaging 16.6 points and 9.7 rebounds per game.

Instant Analysis: The Warriors have struggled out of the gate, winning just two of their first eight games of the season. Part of the problem has been their inability to put up points like they have in the past. Despite averaging over 100 ppg. during the past five seasons, Golden State is managing to post a mere 89.9 ppg. during its 2011-12 campaign. The Magic hope to keep that number low when they face the Warriors on Thursday.

Other Notables: Orlando has won five of the last six and 16 of the last 23 meetings in the series overall. Jason Richardson began his career with the Warriors, playing in 438 games during his first six pro seasons (2001-07).

tumblrlxemxisfll1qmmcdi.jpg

Lets Make It 3-0

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"The Warriors have injury concerns. Their regular starting center, Andris Biedrins, has a sprained ankle and toe and has missed the last three games. Kwame Brown, Biedrins' replacement, has a right-shoulder injury. Howard should excel even if both Biedrins and Brown play."

"Guard Stephen Curry is out because of a right-ankle injury."

So.. Dwight vs. WHO?

We will finish our west coast trip with 3-0

Going to be an interesting game, as the Warriors style of play works into our style. We have an advantage in the C/F slots, they have an advantage in the G spots. I think this will be a close game, with the Warriors going up early, but I think we'll grind them down.

The only way that doesn't happen is if Dwight gets in foul trouble, but with BBD backing him up, I think even if that happens, we have a shot. We should win, but the second of a back-to-back hasn't historically been a win for us.

Going to be an interesting game, as the Warriors style of play works into our style. We have an advantage in the C/F slots, they have an advantage in the G spots. I think this will be a close game, with the Warriors going up early, but I think we'll grind them down.

The only way that doesn't happen is if Dwight gets in foul trouble, but with BBD backing him up, I think even if that happens, we have a shot. We should win, but the second of a back-to-back hasn't historically been a win for us.

Hard to say if there style does or does not. There style has changed since Jackson became head coach. I just hope Howard does not get fuked over by the refs. He should have a huge game... As long as we can eliminate Wright and Lee its too much for the warriors to depend on Ellis on his own, especially with Howard guarding the Hoop. Though Warriors I think may be like the Pacers of last few years, beating the better teams and losing to the lower ones.

Hard to say if there style does or does not. There style has changed since Jackson became head coach. I just hope Howard does not get fuked over by the refs. He should have a huge game... As long as we can eliminate Wright and Lee its too much for the warriors to depend on Ellis on his own, especially with Howard guarding the Hoop. Though Warriors I think may be like the Pacers of last few years, beating the better teams and losing to the lower ones.

Yeah - I'll buy that. More than most games, success against this Warriors team will mostly circle around what kind of game Dwight has and how many fouls he has going into the 4th quarter. If it's three or less, I'd say that we're probably dominating and we win. If it's 4+, we're screwed.

Good article: http://ripcityproject.com/2012/01/12/game-10-recap-blazers-104-magic-107/

Duhon for the minutes he gets in a game is "Do Nothing", it is maybe 1 basket, 3 misses, turnover, maybe a steal, but the activity just doesn't match the minutes, I believe Hughes could contribute way more.

Hughes would be so much better it isn't even funny.

• Downvote 1