Sign in to follow this  
hdimacs

Time for Replacement

There are so many stupid comments in here I don't know where to begin.

first of all please try to understand that everyone has a right to express own opinion, so do not call people stupid if you do not agree with them...

Was Marcin ready the minute he got here? No, so they worked with him till he was ready

So, Marcin suddenly become ready in Game 3 of first round series vs Raptors? :) Foyle was better before? :)

Because he had trouble guarding 4's that he had to chase around,

PFs are not SGs to chase them around. How do you think Duncan and Nazr Mohammed were playing together? Or Bynum and Gasol now? Robinson and Duncan? Duncan and Perdue? Perkins and Ibaka? Howard could guard quicker guys, no? And Gortat was not that slow by the way. And it is coach's responsibility to make it work. Unfortunately SVG believes everyone has to be able to shoot 3 in starting five.

Jameer has too many turnovers...where do you think he ranked last year among PG's in turnovers? #16. You know who was ahead of him? Tony Parker, Jrue Holiday, Devin Harris, Raymond Felton, Steph Curry, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash, Deron Williams, John Wall, and Russell Westbrook. You know where he is so far this season? #21. Poor FG %? He has a career average of 45% from the field and 38% from 3. Last year he shot right around his career average at .446 good for 23rd in the league for all guards who was he ahead of? Derrick Rose, Mike Conley, Joe Johnson, Russell Westbrook, Rodney Stuckey, Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, DJ Augustine, Tyreke Evans. Is he having a bad start this year? Yes over the past 7 games he has had a bad start, so has quite a few other guards, Deron Williams, Raymond Felton, John Wall, Brandon Jennings all shooting poorly to start this season. Lets say we ignore all of that who do you feel would be obtainable and better for the team? Please pay close attention to the obtainable part.

All above mentioned PGs better than Jameer and most of them do not have a dominant big man like Dwight Howard. Forget about stats, watch games, Jameer is losing 8-12 seconds just to start the offense, he is so "lazy" crossing the backcourt, he is not active, he is not involving people, not moving the ball, not directing the offense. He is terrible on the defensive end. He never puts pressure on opponent's PGs. And yes no one is obtainable, because no one in the league would trade for him, Jameer has no value. Maybe next year when he will have an expiring contract. Right now, as I said before, he is the worst starting PG in the league.

Dwight is developing slowly?? LOL if you can't see his development then I don't know how to explain it to you. His first 2 seasons he was told to run and rebound, who was the coach his first 2 seasons? Have you checked out his stats from Stan's first year here?

on Collins and Kendrick Perkins is that because they out skill or out smart him? It's because they push him off his spots, they out physical him.

I meant SVGs first two seasons, he was telling Dwight to run the floor and rebound. Did you forget those games when Dwight had 5-6 FGA while team had 32 three point attempts making 5-6?? Remember game 6 vs Hawks last playoffs? Dwight had 4 turnoves in first 3-4 minutes. Collins and Perkins? are you serious? ok Perkins is a good defensive player in modren NBA but Collins? And we comparing Dwight to young Shaq? Shaq would have killed Collins and scored 50 on him :) Yes and that is SVGs fault too. So, you think that if Dwight is being pushed off his spots then the only solution is to shoot jumpers? :) Not surprised then why you are supporting our Master of Panic.

How does Rashard at SF look right now?

Right now he is old but when he came to Orlando the season before he was averaging 24 points per game. He was successfuly posting up smaller SFs, driving to the rim, mid range game and etc. In Orlando he became a spot up shooter and was not used to his full potential. He agreed to his role because of his professionalism and huge contract he got.

I honestly can't explain what the heck is going on with Richardson so I don't know what to tell you

But I know :) SVG can not use him. How come a player who had 30 and 40 plus points in playoffs season before in Western Conferense become a pale shaddow of himself? ;)

And at the end, please tell me why Jameer Nelson was on the floor on the last possession in Finals when Fisher hit that three to tie the game? Why Lee and Alston were not there to guard Fisher? Why Nelson, who is short and a bad defender was there and yes he also missed most of the season with the injury? was "great" coaching decision, right? :) and by the way Neslon was guarding Crawford at the end of game 3 as well ;) when Jamal hit that crazy three...ridiculous...

SVG is too stubborn to make us better. He never changes anything, even in playoffs vs same opponents, something obviously does not work but he playes the same way, same players, same rotations...

So, Marcin suddenly become ready in Game 3 of first round series vs Raptors? :) Foyle was better before? :)

No. He became ready over the course of a full season. That's the sort of thing that happens with guys who didn't start playing basketball until they were in their late teens.

I saw the game against Washington that year when Gortat came in during a blowout. He flat out wasn't ready.

I'm glad he got better in time to help in the playoffs, but your belief that he should have been playing just cause is laughable and divorced from reality.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Jameer should've came in with a different physique. The bulk was fine when he was young and already quick but at nearing 30 he should've change his build. That doesn't change his inconsistent decision making but it would help his energy and his quickness.

first of all please try to understand that everyone has a right to express own opinion, so do not call people stupid if you do not agree with them...

he called your comments stupid, which is totally not calling you stupid.

nope, the young player developed throughout the course of the season

PFs are not SGs to chase them around. How do you think Duncan and Nazr Mohammed were playing together? Or Bynum and Gasol now? Robinson and Duncan? Duncan and Perdue? Perkins and Ibaka? Howard could guard quicker guys, no? And Gortat was not that slow by the way. And it is coach's responsibility to make it work. Unfortunately SVG believes everyone has to be able to shoot 3 in starting five.

it's the coaches job to make gortat or dwight quick enough to defend the 4? that's just ignorant

All above mentioned PGs better than Jameer and most of them do not have a dominant big man like Dwight Howard. Forget about stats, watch games, Jameer is losing 8-12 seconds just to start the offense, he is so "lazy" crossing the backcourt, he is not active, he is not involving people, not moving the ball, not directing the offense. He is terrible on the defensive end. He never puts pressure on opponent's PGs. And yes no one is obtainable, because no one in the league would trade for him, Jameer has no value. Maybe next year when he will have an expiring contract. Right now, as I said before, he is the worst starting PG in the league.

...if you think jameer is the worst point in the league it's only because you don't watch very much basketball. riddle me this, how many all-star calibur point guards did shaq play with? penny and that's about it. having a great man down low does not help guards accumulate assist statistics, it clogs the paint and makes it more difficult. but, at the same time, assists are far from a "winning" stat so who cares?

I meant SVGs first two seasons, he was telling Dwight to run the floor and rebound. Did you forget those games when Dwight had 5-6 FGA while team had 32 three point attempts making 5-6?? Remember game 6 vs Hawks last playoffs? Dwight had 4 turnoves in first 3-4 minutes. Collins and Perkins? are you serious? ok Perkins is a good defensive player in modren NBA but Collins? And we comparing Dwight to young Shaq? Shaq would have killed Collins and scored 50 on him :) Yes and that is SVGs fault too. So, you think that if Dwight is being pushed off his spots then the only solution is to shoot jumpers? :) Not surprised then why you are supporting our Master of Panic.

doesn't jason collins have a reputation for playing shaq the toughest, like, in the world? he is theantibigcenter and that's about all he does, but the man does it better than anybody in the league, probably.

Right now he is old but when he came to Orlando the season before he was averaging 24 points per game. He was successfuly posting up smaller SFs, driving to the rim, mid range game and etc. In Orlando he became a spot up shooter and was not used to his full potential. He agreed to his role because of his professionalism and huge contract he got.

familiar with richard jefferson? he didn't play with a big man and was a perimeter scorer who put up bigger numbers before coming to san antonio. i guess pop can't coach either, or, maybe it's not a coincidence

But I know :) SVG can not use him. How come a player who had 30 and 40 plus points in playoffs season before in Western Conferense become a pale shaddow of himself? ;)

he stepped on glass, a lot of glass from what is rumored. i guess stan should have nursed his wound better.

And at the end, please tell me why Jameer Nelson was on the floor on the last possession in Finals when Fisher hit that three to tie the game? Why Lee and Alston were not there to guard Fisher? Why Nelson, who is short and a bad defender was there and yes he also missed most of the season with the injury? was "great" coaching decision, right? :) and by the way Neslon was guarding Crawford at the end of game 3 as well ;) when Jamal hit that crazy three...ridiculous...

because he wasn't a rookie (in lee) or an inferior, weaker defender (in alston) it's svg's fault his veteran made a mental lapse? i promise he was told to foul, just not on an attempted three. and if you've watched a lot of basketball, which you obviously haven't, you'd know that that plan doesn't even usually work, end game situations they give the benefit of the doubt to the shooter. i'd have rather seen fisher make a prayer of a 29 footer than 3 free throws.

SVG is too stubborn to make us better. He never changes anything, even in playoffs vs same opponents, something obviously does not work but he playes the same way, same players, same rotations...

he's won about as many playoff series as anybody in the league over his tenure, boasting two conference finals appearances and and a finals appearance with a young superstar. dwight's still probably 3 or 4 years from peaking, so you're just an angry person who doesn't know very much about sports

Ok, last one.

First of all saying a comment is stupid is not calling you stupid.

Gortat was not slow but he is not quick enough to be guarding 4's for long stretches of time. Using Dwight to guard 4's would pull him away from the basket also not a good idea. The coaches job is not to make a specific lineup work, it's to come up with the best combination based on what you have, that means creating space and based on the players we have he does that. You also create that space so Dwight has room to work without people collapsing on him.

Jameer does need to push the ball more so you are correct with regard to that. You are however telling me to forget stats when you are citing FG% and Turnovers. I do watch the games, ALL of the games. Jameer gets into the lane and kicks out to shooters, those shooters are supposed to move the ball or make an open shot. Up till the last game Ryan was doing that so that has nothing to do with Jameer. I'm not even going to attempt to address the rest of your comment.

Yes I am serious about Perkins and Collins do you actually watch the games we play against their teams? They are both good for one thing causing problems for big physical centers, are they good for anything else? No but they do that one thing very well. How did Kendrick look against Bynum the year the Celtics won the title? Was that Phil's fault?

With regard to your Rashard comments, once again you are using stats when you claim to watch the games. How effective was Rashard for us?

Why was Jameer on the floor against the Lakers in the finals? Because as much as people like to pretend that Rafer was this fantastic PG he was a low percentage shooter and the best shot we had against the Lakers was to hope that Jameer got back into game shape. Did you happen to watch the games earlier in that year against the Lakers? His play was a huge part of why we were able to beat them. Please also explain how anyone was supposed to defend the garbage that Crawford and Johnson where jacking up and hitting in the playoffs last year? What was the difference between the shots they were putting up in the series against us and the series against Chi? Same shots, they just didn't go in.

What was the difference between the shots they were putting up in the series against us and the series against Chi? Same shots, they just didn't go in.

Well either we have really bad defense or really bad luck (because shots like that seem to always go in on us, and not just from Atlanta).

Well either we have really bad defense or really bad luck (because shots like that seem to always go in on us, and not just from Atlanta).

If you think those shots were game planned I would say you need to have your head checked.

I don't know how some of you think this is SVG's fault. I watched the Bulls miss a shot and then NOBODY box out their man. SVG can't play the game for them.

On a side note, since Jameer selfishly decided to play in the 2009 NBA Finals, the Magic have been in decline. I'm not saying that every game that the Magic lose is Jameers fault. I don't like the way he plays. I HATE his defense. He would be best as a guy that came off the bench and bring in another PG to start. I saw Nash play some against the Blazers and that old guy still plays at a way higher level then Jameer.

you don't watch much basketball, do you? we have a premiere defense and shots like that don't seem to always go in on us. forget about hedo's step back against the sixers? rashard with the big three in cleveland? we have had our fair share of overachieving in the playoffs and last year we underachieved. you really can't win them all. bottom line is we shoot well, there probably isn't a team in the league beating us in a 7 game series. that's enough to give it another shot imo

I don't know how some of you think this is SVG's fault. I watched the Bulls miss a shot and then NOBODY box out their man. SVG can't play the game for them.

On a side note, since Jameer selfishly decided to play in the 2009 NBA Finals, the Magic have been in decline. I'm not saying that every game that the Magic lose is Jameers fault. I don't like the way he plays. I HATE his defense. He would be best as a guy that came off the bench and bring in another PG to start. I saw Nash play some against the Blazers and that old guy still plays at a way higher level then Jameer.

did you watch the finals? jameer basically won us a game in LA by constantly finding open shooters, who, unfortunately, missed shots. we did not shoot well in the first round. shot well in the second. shot well in the conference finals. and then didn't shoot well in the finals. it happens, especially when an incredibly young team is playing a team who lost in the finals the previous season. experience and continuity are so underrated, when they're key contributors to playoff success

If you think those shots were game planned I would say you need to have your head checked.

That has nothing to do with my point. I really don't know what it is: bad defense, or bad luck. Maybe a mix of both. Either way, I've noticed a trend with miracle shots against us. Whether these shots were Plan A or Plan B.

you don't watch much basketball, do you? we have a premiere defense and shots like that don't seem to always go in on us.

Actually with this sentence you have proven that you don't watch magic basketball.

bottom line is we shoot well, there probably isn't a team in the league beating us in a 7 game series. that's enough to give it another shot imo

You can say that about any team.

And no, it's not. Elite teams know how to game plan for us. Either Otis brings in someone who can drive the ball, or we will keep dying by the 3. Choose one.

Actually with this sentence you have proven that you don't watch magic basketball.

third last year, first the year before that, and first the year before that. that's defensive efficiency. that makes us, almost definately, the best defensive squad in the league under svg's tenure and makes you a person who doesn't watch any non magic basketball, obviously. but don't let statistical facts cloud your agenda, just keep posting ignorance