Sign in to follow this  
jareck80

Jameer = liability

Simmons

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7523441/20-questions-part-1

9. Has there ever been a better year for point guards?

The short answer: No. It's like the quarterback boom in football — and if you want to extend the analogy, some of the NBA's rule changes last decade (dumping hand checks, speeding up the game) helped point guards much like the NFL's rule changes (changing the pass interference rules, protecting quarterbacks) helped passing. But you still need the talent, and fortunately, we're blessed with Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry (although his paper-mache ankles are starting to worry me), Tony Parker (another killer season for him), Kyle Lowry (morphing into a poor man's Fat Lever), Steve Nash, Ty Lawson (one of the fastest NBA players ever), Rubio, Irving, John Wall (coming on), Jrue Holiday (already came on) and Brandon Jennings (finally made a leap this year) … suddenly you're in good hands with half the league's point guards running your team. And we didn't even mention capable veterans like Mike Conley, the Semi-Rejuvenated Jose Calderon, Ray Felton and Andre Miller; The Artist Formerly Known as Jason Kidd; Baron (if he has anything left in the tank); works in progress like Brandon Knight (I'm a fan), T.B.H. Evans,8 Roddy Beaubois (a possible late bloomer???) and Kemba Walker; or even Jimmer Fredette's abundant garbage time skills.9

I left out Jameer Nelson because I think he's being played by an impostor this season. Like when the WWE brought out Fake Diesel and Fake Razor Ramon. It's the only explanation for how bad he's been this season.

Talked with someone real close to Jameer. Hes taking this Dwight thing hard. Hes doing to much thinking out on the court.

I really think that Jameer will be a better player once Dwight is gone. If he's still here that is.

I really think that Jameer will be a better player once Dwight is gone. If he's still here that is.

Voo, sadly, I think this Dwight thing has emasculated Jameer. I can't imagine that he's part of our future.

Voo, sadly, I think this Dwight thing has emasculated Jameer. I can't imagine that he's part of our future.

And thats another thing thats in his mind. Hes unsure of his future here. Hes stable here with his family and loves it here. He feels somewhat betrayed by Dwight but at the same time, is pressing and overthinking so he can make everyone happy including Dwight.

Hes just not playing basketball with his reactions which is the best way to play. Hes playing with his mind and thats the worse way. I think if Meer came back, and just played without trying to worrying about making people (Dwight) happy, we would see the Meer that we saw years ago.